Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Just ordered this Victor scent from the previous page. I'm a sucker for an Aventus clone.

Speaking of Aventus, tried a small sample in House of Fraser the other day. Is it me or do the latest batches last an hour tops? I'm at a stage now where the clones I have outperform the original on all fronts.

Soldato
Just ordered this Victor scent from the previous page. I'm a sucker for an Aventus clone.

Speaking of Aventus, tried a small sample in House of Fraser the other day. Is it me or do the latest batches last an hour tops? I'm at a stage now where the clones I have outperform the original on all fronts.

you won’t be disappointed ! For the price it can’t be beat. Btw it’s an aerosol edt, not a standard pump spray. Not sure why they decided on that :p

I’ve never tried the original so can’t comment. But going by forums and reviews, batches can vary wildly from one to the next. Honestly, there’s better fragrances out there (BR540 is my current)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Depends who you listen too. The newer batches are very fruity though. One of my bottles is 19P11, performance on my skin is good. But not as good as my 16 bottle.

If you want a very close Aventus replica, get yourself a sample or bottle of Emporor Extrait from Parfum Vintage.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Never been a big after shave/cologne wearer but decided to get a few samples recently to try for daily use.
DIOR Sauvage - nice but doesn’t seem to last even though it is EDP
Versace Homme - nice, light, inoffensive seemingly.
Boss Bottled - seemed rather generic and could even be more female scent
Paco Rabanne 1 Million - lasts well, but a bit strong
Chanel Homme Sport Extreme - sure I liked this originally, but just seems to be harsh now.
Creed Aventus - wanted to see what the fuss was about. Really impressed too. Seems to last well. Will try this at work....

I bought a load of fragrances for work colleagues recently that wanted to take them abroad for gifts, one that stood out for me was Montblanc Emblem, gorgeous fragrance and can be bought pretty cheap.

One of my personal faves is Dunhill London Icon, I just wish it had more staying power, definitely one of my fave bottles if you care about that.

Soldato
Tom Ford Ombre Leather anyone?

Bought recently, everyday wear.

Everyday? You're a lot braver than I. :D

I have a small decant of Tuscan Leather which is very similar. Much too strong for me to wear as a daily.

My Victor No9 turned up today. Weird spray design but decent for a cheapie. Will see how it compares with CDNI.

Soldato
I really like Emblem Intense, is this worth a try instead?
Yeah, definitely worth getting your nose to a sample. I think you’d enjoy it. I’ve a bottle, and it’s great for a dumb reach, casual or dressed up. :)

edit. Yeah @AiiR its like an aerosol spray, weird decision there by Milton Lloyd. I still use it as an edt (around the neck etc)

Back
Top Bottom