Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Got a sampler of Pegwell Bay... it would be really nice but I'm just not digging the fennel note at all, smells very herbacious.

Waiting for the weather to crack the DHP sample open just so I know whether or not I'll keep my full bottle unopened for max future 'discontinued gem' sale price.

Soldato
DHP is amazing. I blind bought my bottle 2 ish years ago. Hated it at first sniff, but now it’s my favourite. I have half a bottle left and really dread finishing it. Interestingly... my local Dior retailer still has a bottle tucked away. So I may go and grab it.

Man of Honour
So a number of people here have been liking Iceberg Twice that I mentioned a while back. I will always buy it as it's so good but for 120ml, the sprayer nozzle sprays out more volume than others so 120ml doesn't last as long as say my 100ml from other brands. Good thing it's such good value though.

I've found this one which is out for delivery today, reviews make it seem to be a perfect addition for an everyday EDP, especially at the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0735BVWTH/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

Edit*
Words

Last edited:
Soldato
So a number of people here have been liking Iceberg Twice that I mentioned a while back. I will always buy it as it's so good but for 120ml, the sprayer nozzle sprays out more volume than others so 120ml doesn't last as long as say my 100ml from other brands. Good thing it's such good value though.

I've found this one which is out for delivery today, reviews make it seem to be a perfect addition for an everyday EDP, especially at the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0735BVWTH/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

Edit*
Words

Hmm. Interesting. Can’t see it listed on fragrantica.

in any case, there’s a load of bargains to be had on allbeauty website too. Worth checking out !

Edit. Also give that victor no.9 spray a go. Think you’d like it

amazon have it for £11
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfumers-Choice-Victor-Eau-Toilette/dp/B01N5DO2HQ

Soldato
I'm after some recommendations for some new scents please.

A few that I really like and make sure I always have (or rather clones of):
  • Tommy
  • Cool Water
  • Pi
  • Aqua de Gio
  • Sauvage
  • $1 million
  • Oud Wood
  • Ultraviolet
  • Silver Mountain Water
I think that should give a pretty good idea of the sorts of scent I tend to like, so anyone got any thoughts for some I should try?

Associate
I'm after some recommendations for some new scents please.

A few that I really like and make sure I always have (or rather clones of):
  • Tommy
  • Cool Water
  • Pi
  • Aqua de Gio
  • Sauvage
  • $1 million
  • Oud Wood
  • Ultraviolet
  • Silver Mountain Water
I think that should give a pretty good idea of the sorts of scent I tend to like, so anyone got any thoughts for some I should try?

Would recommend based on the above:
  • Aventus (CDNI etc)
  • PR Invictus
  • Bleu de Chanel
  • Dior Homme (brown bottle) / Dior Homme Eau (blue bottle)
  • Farenheit
  • YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
Shawrey

Associate
@Shawreyboy

Thanks, I shall check them out. Any idea if any of the clone oils of these are good/close to the original?

I highly rate CDNI (Armaf) which is the copy of Aventus. Ignore the opening which is quite harsh and can smell a tad like Lemon Pledge it settles down to an aroma that, to my nose, is very close to Aventus and I get people asking ooohhh is that Creed? etc.

I haven't any personal experience with copies of the others, I've only owned the real ones but I am sure there some Manly Whiffers on here that have @Tauren etc.

Shawrey

Man of Honour
Edit. Also give that victor no.9 spray a go. Think you’d like it

amazon have it for £11
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfumers-Choice-Victor-Eau-Toilette/dp/B01N5DO2HQ

This is arriving tomorrow, the
Yardley one I linked above arrived today, really pleasant fragrance and subtle too. It's warm, definitely suited to colder seasons.Certainly smells expensive so quite deceiving.

Quite possibly may have found my new go-to. The spray nozzle vaporises much finer than iceberg twice as well so should last longer even though it's 25ml less.

Soldato
@Shawreyboy

Thanks, I shall check them out. Any idea if any of the clone oils of these are good/close to the original?
Give 1 million Lucky a go for a nice twist on the original (notes include hazelnut, plum and honey) it’s a very nice fragrance. Allbeauty have a 50ml for £40. Alternatively fragrance samples UK should have a sample to buy.

The privé version of 1 million is quite nice too. But I’m not keen on the gingerbread vibe it gives off.

I’ve only owned one clone, and that the Milton Lloyd victor no.9 that I recommended earlier in the thread. It’s very close to aventus. Smells great for £11 (from amazon)

Soldato
This is arriving tomorrow, the
Yardley one I linked above arrived today, really pleasant fragrance and subtle too. It's warm, definitely suited to colder seasons.Certainly smells expensive so quite deceiving.

Quite possibly may have found my new go-to. The spray nozzle vaporises much finer than iceberg twice as well so should last longer even though it's 25ml less.

sounds good ! Might have to give it a sniff. Problem is amazon don’t ship fragrance to me so I’ll see if I can find a sample somewhere :cool:

Man of Honour
sounds good ! Might have to give it a sniff. Problem is amazon don’t ship fragrance to me so I’ll see if I can find a sample somewhere :cool:

Will confirm if it still smells the same after several hours of a working day though of course. Iceberg Twice lasts all day and the smell is consistent throughout that period. Others I've tried in that price range in the past tail off and you are left with a faint whiff or an offshoot scent. One of the reasons I really like Iceberg because of that longevity.

Soldato
Picked up a bottle of Perfumers Choice Victor no.9. I think it’s supposed to smell like aventus. But I think it smells more like Mont Blanc explorer tbh.

I bought a 50ml bottle from Amazon for £6 upon seeing it mentioned here and the reviews on Amazon were very positive.

I can definitely smell Aventus, more so than the FM copy I was bought, the initial spray has a strong citrus smell but it soon settles down. Ideal for work!

Back
Top Bottom