**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
Soldato
Hardly, but yes he is well known and is a decent writer. He’s also heavily defended Android in the past when they deserved flack. I was expecting a review mostly praising the device.

He's small fry but makes some valid points.

If Google tried to make this device for the masses and to rival the market then it's a fail and all the pixels can be classed as that.

Or are they just making their own device to continue to showcase Android? The whole Chromebook thing feeds into that theory. They would have received more positive reviews if they shaved £100 / £150 of the price and you had the pixel 4 starting under £550. But instead they throw in another product made by someone else to showcase chrome OS

That would be my major moan and question. What is it Google are trying to achieve in the mobile space?

For the most part they just seem to be a bit autistic and kind of do their own thing. Which is cool and frustrating in the same breath.

Anyway I am still massively impressed and loving my Pixel4XL. No faults or issues. Works perfectly in my eco system.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpUFa9a8lNU 1.40 in

This is a overclocking forum, not a "that will do" kind :p

I've not even watched the video but I'm aware of that YouTuber, they're paid to advertise. Crowdfunding products have a high percentage of either failure to ship or failure to deliver on promises. Therefore I'll wait until it has been reviewed once hitting retail.

I find it hard to believe that hardware advances are made outside of massive corporations that have both the talent and resources to push things forward.

Again, the reason I don't want anything above 18W is because I physically don't own anything that requires that power. My MBP is late 2013 and doesn't have USB-C.

Soldato
So £70 off 4/4XL from 22nd November. Does that make either one a more enticing purchase? You'd have thought since that now brings the 4 to sub £600 (albeit £1 below) it must put it in the race. £759 for the XL still seems a little high for my taste.

Associate
You’ve got more of a chance of getting a reasonable deal on contract if you ask me. I’ll keep my eyes open but since I appear to have a 2XL that works perfectly, for now and at last, I’ll probably skip this one unless there’s a VERY good deal.

Soldato
Hmm, mine looks like this but I haven't received anything:

Claim Summary - 123456 Validated
Rewards
A summary of your completed rewards associated to this claim ID are listed below:

Reward Sent for fulfilment Quantity
HP Chromebook 14 06/11/2019 04:55:23 1

Back
Top Bottom