The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Associate
So I’ve been in a long distant relationship for just over two years with plans for us to be together in the UK in June after her contract finishes in Kazakhstan. I was due to fly out for a long weekend this week which we both seemed excited about it until I make a comment that gets blown all out of context and is suddenly the most offensive things I have ever said ( still trying to figure out how it is ) so last night I sent her the flight details and she replies I can’t be seriously flying out with my response being that we need to talk and spend time in the same country. I get another reply giving a no point so I’ve taken the position that it’s over and said as much to her.
Feels like this is something that we should have done a while ago so will take the time off from work that I had booked off to cleanse my life of her with regards to photos and bits of gifts and start planning a break from everything so I can focus a little bit more on myself.

Soldato
So I’ve been in a long distant relationship for just over two years with plans for us to be together in the UK in June after her contract finishes in Kazakhstan. I was due to fly out for a long weekend this week which we both seemed excited about it until I make a comment that gets blown all out of context and is suddenly the most offensive things I have ever said ( still trying to figure out how it is ) so last night I sent her the flight details and she replies I can’t be seriously flying out with my response being that we need to talk and spend time in the same country. I get another reply giving a no point so I’ve taken the position that it’s over and said as much to her.
Feels like this is something that we should have done a while ago so will take the time off from work that I had booked off to cleanse my life of her with regards to photos and bits of gifts and start planning a break from everything so I can focus a little bit more on myself.

Sounds like she's gotten cold feet, changed her mind and has been looking for an excuse to end things. It's horrible mate, I'm sorry. Just out of curiosity what did you say and what's the background?

Soldato

Yep, sounds like she was looking for an excuse to end it, and a big row to stop you going out there was just what she wanted. LDR is always difficult, and if you feel that you should have broken up a long time ago, then the relationship has already run it's course.

Associate
Sounds like she's gotten cold feet, changed her mind and has been looking for an excuse to end things. It's horrible mate, I'm sorry. Just out of curiosity what did you say and what's the background?
simply that some of the Marks and Spencer’s treats I was taking over she should share with a colleague that has helped her

On a positive note new flight booked out to New York for this weekend

Soldato
Is this a Male colleague by any chance?

Sounds an unusual reason for her to blow up like that at you unless you regularly insult her weight or something, which I doubt you do. Sadly mate it seems she's been looking for an excuse and just jumped on this despite how ridiculous it seems.

Soldato
Women are great, she probably cheated or something and decided to use an inane comment he said to break up with the guy, which justifies whatever she's done wrong because it makes him the dick rather than her. That way she's out of the relationship guilt free and can tell her friends them breaking up was his fault.

Soldato
simply that some of the Marks and Spencer’s treats I was taking over she should share with a colleague that has helped her

On a positive note new flight booked out to New York for this weekend
If that is all that was said then it has been blown out of proportion. What was her actual response when you said this?

Soldato
It wouldn't surprise me if she had some crazy notion that he secretly fancied her colleague and spun out over that. Him suggesting she share treats with the colleague playing into that paranoia I got dumped once because the girl dreamt that I'd cheated on her and couldn't forgive me for it lol

Caporegime
It wouldn't surprise me if she had some crazy notion that he secretly fancied her colleague and spun out over that. Him suggesting she share treats with the colleague playing into that paranoia I got dumped once because the girl dreamt that I'd cheated on her and couldn't forgive me for it lol

Dodged a bullet I'd say !

Sui

Sui

Soldato
What's happened, that's a lot to give up.

Well it's officially over now, I'm broken and honestly so confused, the situation is so ****** up.

Trying to cut it down, she's a teacher (head of department). In September she recruited a new teacher for the team, let's call her S. First few months were fine, then I think from about December I noticed they were messaging a lot, didn't think anything of it, I was happy she had found a new friend. We invited her and her Fiancé (guy) round for NYE (my suggestion), first time I properly met them and I liked them both.

The first couple of weeks of January I don't really know what happened, but they were spending all spare time together. She came over a couple of Sunday's and they baked, I noticed S was getting quite tactile about things and I found it a bit odd. Spoke to my partner and she said that's just how she is. Then one Sunday I walked in the kitchen and they both had this stupidly awkward look/body language and I could tell something was up, I raised it after she left and 'it was nothing'. When she was showing me something on her phone that evening she received a message, "we need to be more careful at yours". This was explained by that I might be getting jealous of them hugging/being under a blanket whilst watching TV. That evening I did something I have never done and looked at her messages, it was horrendous. Over the next few days I tried to get her to admit anything, then I finally came clean and said I saw the messages and they were once again fobbed off.

At that point I knew it was over, but was clinging on to any hope that we could make it work. She told me she has feelings for her and she will discuss with her that she has them, and she will try to make us work again. Well, apparently she felt the same way and she broke up with her Fiancé on Friday last week (they were together 8 years and due to be married in August) citing "I don't feel the same way anymore, I'm not happy" spiel. The exact same words that my partner told me over a few days before she finally ended it with me.

I feel so ******* mad inside, but I just can't be mad at her and I don't know why. I moved my life here because she wanted to be near her family, and now I feel I have nothing. I feel she has changed, she's not herself and her best friend feels the same way. I'm scared she's been manipulated away from me but maybe I'm just looking for excuses? I know it's over, but I just can't really process it in my head at the moment.

I've spoken to S's ex a little bit, I think we both expected something but never quite fully understood the gravity of the situation. I feel just as sorry for him that she didn't even try to make it work. Just throwing away 8 years for nothing.

The good news is I started being upset before it was officially over, so I feel I'm through the worst of it, but I still have the odd time I just want to full on break down and cry. Just need to sort out the mess of the house as we're only 18 months into a 5 year fixed mortgage.....

Sigh.

Soldato
**** @Sui Sorry to hear that :(

How long had you been together? (Sorry if you did say already, I'm like a zombie this evening!)
Before this new teacher came along was there any indication from her that she wasnt happy in the relationship?

Sadly it reminds me of what happened to my brother. My sister in law met a "friend" through where she worked and started to get close, putting this friend before her own children. The friend was married (to a woman) and it started to get to the point where my sister in law would spend more and more time away from the family home or this friend would stay over (all while her wife was dying of cancer!)

Eventually I think the wife moved out of her home and then sadly died not long after, then some time after that my sister in law ended things with my brother and shacked up with this woman leaving her 3 sons and 3 month old daughter with my brother.

there is no love lost between my brother and I for various reasons, same for my sister in law, (she was always good a manipulating my mum out of money) but still a **** thing to do to the kids
She had been with my brother for about 14 years.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
@secretspy 4.5 years, I didn't say in that post, just the other day when it was all nearly over.

There was nothing, she's now said that there wasn't something there in our relationship despite me being 'the model perfect guy'. Apparently she's never felt how she's felt about someone with this girl, I don't dislike her for finding someone like that, but for so long I thought it was me. Apparently she's had a few doubts over the last year which she's spoken to her best mate about but never raised any concerns with me, I wish she had told me before I got a job in the centre of Brighton though because I now have a 3 month notice period in a City I give no ***** for.

I understand it's over, I'm just extremely concerned she's going to throw so much away just to be with this girl. Honestly, she is the hardest worker I have ever met, she's up at 5:30 everyday for school and often working at home till 10pm at night, she has so much potential as a teacher and she's been on track to be a deputy head at a very young age.

I think I'll miss the cuddles the most, I was not prepared for no cuddles for the near future :mad:

Associate
Is this a Male colleague by any chance?

Sounds an unusual reason for her to blow up like that at you unless you regularly insult her weight or something, which I doubt you do. Sadly mate it seems she's been looking for an excuse and just jumped on this despite how ridiculous it seems.
Female but one she doesn’t really like but tolerates due to being in adjoining apartments

Associate
If that is all that was said then it has been blown out of proportion. What was her actual response when you said this?
That it was a really offensive comment ( which she repeated 5 times ) still can’t figure it out but flight and hotel booked in New York

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom