• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Why are prices dropping? Suspicious...

Intel have been gradually dropping prices bit by bit slightly, presumably to try and stop AMD with their run away self build market share gain but AMD are having none of it.

The thing is Intel have a lot of influence only for so long as they can say "we have the biggest market share" That's just not true anymore, at least not with new sales for about a year now where everything points to AMD outselling Intel by about 8 to 1.

The battle for market share is not just for sales and revenue, its also about saying to developers "just optimize for my products, the others don't mater" when the new consoles are ready AMD can already say "look, developer, our Zen 2 CPU's are in consoles" if AMD also sell far more than Intel in retail they can also say "Intel are irrelevant to gamers"

Much like Intel have been able to do in the last decade or so....

PS: there is a war coming. Intel are realizing that their name sake is not worth anything anymore and they have to fight AMD on AMD's terms.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mines feeling a little lacking, thinking the 3950x would be better ;)
:D

As much as I would love one, I have zero need to upgrade mine. It would be a pure heart over head decision.

I'll wait and see what the 4900x or 4950x is like :) - Then my rig will stay untouched for a few years then as anything after that will require a new motherboard with a new socket.

Soldato
So how many of you crazy loops are planning to upgrade say a 3700x or 3800x to what the 4000 has to offer?

I can't imagine a 3700x will be a significant bottleneck any time soon, and yet with how my upgrade from a 2700x to a 3700x went I cant guarantee I wont cave in to the temptation.

Soldato
So how many of you crazy loops are planning to upgrade say a 3700x or 3800x to what the 4000 has to offer?

I can't imagine a 3700x will be a significant bottleneck any time soon, and yet with how my upgrade from a 2700x to a 3700x went I cant guarantee I wont cave in to the temptation.

If the 4000 chips offer 20% more performance and AMD don’t get silly with the price, I’ll filter down and do a mass upgrade.

Soldato
From those on Ryzen 1000 it will be a very nice upgrade. For me and those on 3000 series already :eek::p

It's just too easy now to sell on your 'old' hardware and jump on the hype train. Choo Choo!!

I was thinking this time tho I would skip the 4000 series and maybe go with what comes next.

Even then, two years from now the 3700x will still be a more than capable gaming CPU.

I paid no interest in the 3000 series and was planning to stay with my 2700x. Then the launch happened on that Sunday and I started looking at reviews and slow slowly got drawn in to upgrading.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I likely will. Not that my CPU is a bottleneck in the slightest but mostly because it will be the final CPU which will work on that chipset/motherboard. However, I'll probably wait until 5000 is near release for a price drop.

Caporegime
From those on Ryzen 1000 it will be a very nice upgrade. For me and those on 3000 series already :eek::p

It's just too easy now to sell on your 'old' hardware and jump on the hype train. Choo Choo!!

I was thinking this time tho I would skip the 4000 series and maybe go with what comes next.

Even then, two years from now the 3700x will still be a more than capable gaming CPU.

I paid no interest in the 3000 series and was planning to stay with my 2700x. Then the launch happened on that Sunday and I started looking at reviews and slow slowly got drawn in to upgrading.

i'll be jumping from a 3600x to 4600X.

no sense waiting for the 5600X as it requires a socket change.

I will then wait for the 7600X as then upgrade mobo, cpu, ram, etc. a full upgrade will be required. vs £100 on a cpu only upgrade.

Soldato

I will then wait for the 7600X as then upgrade mobo, cpu, ram, etc. a full upgrade will be required. vs £100 on a cpu only upgrade.

Thats what I mean tho... the 5000 series being a new socket could be drastically better than just a 4000 series iteration over the 3000.

Associate
I am on a 5820k and will prob jump to AMDs next 12 core 4000 series.

Last of AM4 and ok i could be better waiting till DDR5 but thats what??? 18 months away?

Naaa prob go AM4x12 later this year.

Caporegime
Time and time again it never ceases to amuse me with the level of stupidity that comes out of Steve from GN's mouth....

So he's doing another one of his 'people are stupid videos' This time at the stupid people who dare to complain about Intel XMP warranty, or lack there of.

Of course there is no balance amongst Steve's stupid people pet peeve so he inserted his own, "AMD's Stupid warranty" and goes on to proclaim that running PBO is not covered and then says this "if you put an LN2 block on an AMD CPU it will overclock its self and that is covered"

No you idiot! no mater what cooling you use an AMD CPU will only clock as high as its advertised boost clock.

https://youtu.be/I2gQ_bOnDx8?t=219

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

A better upgrade would be is to wait until the 5000 series is out and grab a super cheap 4700X or 4900X. Then that would last a very long time.

Don’t see the point in going from a 3600 to a 4600 personally. Especially for me as I have an all core 24/7 4.4GHz OC. If I was to grab a early poor silicon of 4600 then I would end up with a small upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom