Greta Thunberg

Soldato
If true and those 7 (2 remain in UK inspected by NHS), traveled to UK for Greta's rally, expect few hundreds if not thousand cases of coronavirus by end of next week. Good one. Italy cancelled the Venice carnival before it became serious there, yet Britain allowed Greta's rally happen while a pandemic is looming.

Soldato
Like most of these lefty groups that protest, they don't even care about the environment i.e. leaving rubbish all over the place.

Now look what Greta and her buddies did to College Green. I bet they haven't given it a second thought.

ISTR that not only was the original Countryside Alliance rally against the hunting ban one of the largest London demos ever.

It was also the tidiest with the least amount of rubbish left behind afterwards.

But hey, lefties gonna leftie....!

Caporegime
Soldato
ISTR that not only was the original Countryside Alliance rally against the hunting ban one of the largest London demos ever.

It was also the tidiest with the least amount of rubbish left behind afterwards.

But hey, lefties gonna leftie....!

Surely you would expect a gathering of people who care about the environment to leave the place tidier than when it started? :)

Certainly not in a WORSE state...

This one thing pretty much destroys the credibility of it.

Soldato
What is such a nonsense about all this is the whole demo thing in Bristol yesterday.

"Oh look all these young people demanding climate action!!"

Bowlocks

Offer a bunch of schoolkids a day off school and a party to go with it, and you could be carrying out human baby sacrifices to Baal and you would still get thousands of people to turn up and have a good time!

Associate
Like most of these lefty groups that protest, they don't even care about the environment i.e. leaving rubbish all over the place.

Now look what Greta and her buddies did to College Green. I bet they haven't given it a second thought.

So they either stole the grass or fly-tipped the mud? Outrageous.

Damn Lefties. It's like they don't understand that the environment and a small inner city park are exactly the same thing.

Caporegime
Surely you would expect a gathering of people who care about the environment to leave the place tidier than when it started? :)

Certainly not in a WORSE state...

This one thing pretty much destroys the credibility of it.
This is one reason why many people won't be lectured by children.

Children are the *least* aware of the consequences of their actions. They very frequently spare no thought whatsoever to the consequences of what they do, and here is a teenager lecturing the world about the consequences of our actions.

Not saying the message is wrong, necessarily, but the messenger is problematic.

Soldato
I'd rather talk about the rather tasty anti-greta Naomi Seibt

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-greta-activist-white-nationalist-inspiration
A young campaigner who has been hailed by climate sceptics as the right’s answer to Greta Thunberg has previously described a white nationalist who appeared to promote “white genocide” theories as one of her “inspirations”.

Naomi Seibt, a 19-year-old from Münster, Germany, who styles herself as a “climate realist”, has also had to deny she made remarks that could be seen as antisemitic following an attack on a synagogue last year.

Seibt has been described as the darling of climate change deniers and spoke at a small side event of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) – a high-profile annual meeting of rightwing activists in Washington that will also feature the US president, Donald Trump.

She has been called a young, fresh voice for “free markets and climate realism” for questioning the scientific consensus on the climate crisis, which she has called “ridiculous”.
Well I cant say Im shocked by the news that the new darling of the alt right child hating climate deniers finds white nationalists inspiring.

Permabanned
It's also hardly surprising that the guardian makes something about the climate into race. Its beyond tiresome.

Well, when one of the irritating teenagers preaching at every one has a mother who defended the AfD and has openly said she's a fan of a far right gob *****, I don't know what to tell ya.

Edit: If people think Greta is a pawn being pushed by her parents, but Naomi isn't... you're a bunch of ******* morons.

https://correctiv.org/en/top-stories-en/2020/02/11/the-heartland-lobby/

But no doubt non-profit investigative journalism will be dismissed as "fake news".

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Reading this thread reminds me why I bother with this forum less. Everyone is so unduly uptight and quick to assert that some ‘other side’ are a bunch of idiots.

I walked passed the rally on my lunch time walk. Lots of young children with mums and dads mostly, nice to see lots of young people take an interest - pretty sure I didn’t give a hoot at that age.

College green already looking like poop like it does EVERY WINTER, event happens and now suddenly a bit of worn out grass is somehow a hypocrisy - ffs...

Soldato
Well, when one of the irritating teenagers preaching at every one has a mother who defended the AfD and has openly said she's a fan of a far right gob *****, I don't know what to tell ya.

Edit: If people think Greta is a pawn being pushed by her parents, but Naomi isn't... you're a bunch of ******* morons.

https://correctiv.org/en/top-stories-en/2020/02/11/the-heartland-lobby/

But no doubt non-profit investigative journalism will be dismissed as "fake news".

Any child that discusses things like this they are very unlikely to understand as they lack the understanding of the world that comes with age are highly likely to be influenced by their parents or at the very least peers. Sure there may well be a handful of young people who are incredible smart academically, but not so smart when it comes to the real world and how it operates, but even those are a very small number of people.

Even getting your kids to do something as simple as wash up or put the bins out can be a challenge, let alone expect them to somehow deal with an issue as complex as "climate change". It's an issue so vast that no one country will make a difference with the exception of one. China.

The UK could be completey carbon neutral by 2050 or earlier, but that won't make the slightest bit of difference if the rest of the world does change also, we only produce around 1% of the global carbon emissions, compared to China which creates over 30% of it, infact more than the next top 5 countries combined. Including the USA, Europe and India!

Back
Top Bottom