X4 Foundations

Soldato
OP
We will significantly enlarge our current title X4: Foundations at the end of the month. Both the free 3.0 Update to X4: Foundations and its first expansion, X4: Split Vendetta, will be released on March 31st, 2020, giving space game enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to newly discover or revisit the biggest space sandbox this side of the galaxy!

3.0 Update introducing diplomatic missions: "A lever to move the world"
With the biggest update since the release of X4: Foundations, EGOSOFT extends its current title with the new storyline "A lever to move the world", introducing diplomatic missions. In addition to a new unlockable game start and three new, stand-alone tutorial scenarios to welcome new pilots to the X universe, X4: Foundations players will also benefit from numerous new gameplay elements with the 3.0 Update. X4: Foundations will also receive French voice recordings for the first time. The complete change log for the 3.0 Update includes more than 400 individual entries covering new features, weapons, sectors, improved gameplay elements, an upgraded user interface experience and many fixes. The full list is available in our forums.

Main Features:
  • New storyline, introducing diplomatic missions: "A lever to move the worlds"
  • New systems to discover, experience and conquer
  • Added French voice recordings
  • 3 new stand-alone tutorial scenarios including a flight school
  • New ships: Paranid Ares heavy fighter, Xenon T scout, Teladi Cormorant transporter
  • New unlockable game start
  • Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
  • Individual and group crew transfer
  • Configurable alert system
  • Ability to dock using a spacesuit
  • Policing options for player-owned space
  • Several new weapons
  • Improved graphics engine
  • Improved sound effects
  • Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station overview and Logbook
  • More control over drones and turrets
  • Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
  • Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit
  • Search facility for Logbook
X4: Split Vendetta
X4: Split Vendetta is the next chapter in the X4: Foundations story. This is the first big expansion for X4: Foundations, which was released in November 2018 on PC. The expansion greatly increases the size of the universe and introduces two new Split family clans along with their economy, new ships, weapons and station modules. Along with Update 3.0 to X4: Foundations, the X4: Split Vendetta expansion brings exciting new missions and adventures to the game. New game-starts allow an even more varied experience in the biggest sandbox this side of the galaxy! TRADE with the Split families or FIGHT against them; BUILD your own station designs based on the new modules, and THINK carefully on your path through the new diplomatic missions. X4: Split Vendetta will be released on March 31st, 2020 ($14.99 / £12.49 / €14.99) and is the first of two expansions that will be automatically available to owners of the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition.

Main Features:
  • New story missions and adventures with two new Split family clans
  • Massive expansion of the universe
  • Exciting new Split weapon technology
  • Many new ships
  • Lots of new station modules
Thanks for your continuous support!

Might as well have full statement along with the date. :)

Soldato
OP
Im doing a clean one hoping no patches needed for awhile after it comes out just so old vs new stuff doesnt conflict. Not like im far in any saves tho tbh as didnt want to play till a full story plot came out.

Man of Honour
Ok soo just getting ready but on the mission to do the phq found this thing See Screen Shot never seen that in my 100 hours before :p

I came across that a little while back, it’s really unlike anything else I’ve seen in the game. I think there was a station near it too. It also destroyed my frame rate when I flew into it.

All ready for the new expansion. Going to see how it affects my current game first and will then also start with a new game.

Associate
I've flew in and around that strange part of space as well when I first started (located far off in the bottom right of the Grand Exchange sector if you keep flying towards the boundary).
Spent a good 4+ hours flying through it to see if there was anything on the other side but never saw an end.

It reminded me a lot of some of the Split stuff in one of the other X games... Rebirth I think. So I have a strong feeling it's going to have something to do with the Split later on.

Soldato
OP
For those wanting to see the new Split starts without spoilers :)

Or go to videos section in x4 folder and look at the new videos there (steam) Mine are 27th march the new ones with a updated credits vid with split trailer type clips in. I only watched credits not the others tho so not to spoil things myself.

Associate
Heres an updated map with what I have found so far might be some hard to find area's out there MAP HERE so far counting 18new sectors plus three that was added in the beta patch that I know of

Man of Honour
Heres an updated map with what I have found so far might be some hard to find area's out there MAP HERE so far counting 18new sectors plus three that was added in the beta patch that I know of

I think there's a few missing off it, but it gives you an idea. I didn't expect them to have added so many, they have nearly doubled the previous map.

Back
Top Bottom