LG c9 OLED

Soldato
I had a warranty issue (green blob) with my C7 thus, the retailer offered me the 65C9 for £1200 as goodwill - LG will change the panel on my C7 for £200 all in.

So sell C7 for £1k and get C9 for £1200 costing you only £200 extra. That’s what I’m seeing unless I’m missing something. Still amazed you managed to get a C9 for £1200 that’s way under trade price.

Bargain of the year if what I’m thinking is correct...

Associate
So sell C7 for £1k and get C9 for £1200 costing you only £200 extra. That’s what I’m seeing unless I’m missing something. Still amazed you managed to get a C9 for £1200 that’s way under trade price.

Bargain of the year if what I’m thinking is correct...
Correct. But note I paid £2350 for the 65C7 just 2 years ago. Agreed, it’s a bargain. That included delivery and a 6 year Warranty on the 65C9 and now I know LG will change panels for £200 I am not worried about potential future burn in.

Caporegime
Anyone else getting fed up with stupid notifications saying the TV will turn off in one minute.

Get them regular as clockwork after TV has been on for 3 hours.

And before you all say, yes I have been through all the menus and turned every timer off, even to the point of every time I turn the TV on, I check the timers, yet I always get the notification.

Always when watching sky, never any of the on TV apps.

Soldato
Ordered a 55 c9 yesterday, £1,122 after discounts with 5 year warranty, delivery coming Tuesday :D probably could have saved a little bit by waiting but feels like a decent price.

What's the best calibration guide for this thing then?

Soldato
Ordered a 55 c9 yesterday, £1,122 after discounts with 5 year warranty, delivery coming Tuesday :D probably could have saved a little bit by waiting but feels like a decent price.

What's the best calibration guide for this thing then?

Great price there! My 65" has just been delivered this morning. I've read the ISF dark room is the most accurate out of the box setting.

Soldato
I was tempted to get a C9 55” but I think I will get the CX once it comes into stock in most places.

I guess not much in it between the C9 and CX though.

WebOs will be newer with a few extra features LG do not update the WebOs for previous models. The CX also supports Freesync LG will not say if this will come to the C9 but I doubt it....

I would still go for the C9 if it’s a better deal as the differences are minimal other than LG nerfing the software features a bit. Depends on pricing really.

Soldato
WebOs will be newer with a few extra features LG do not update the WebOs for previous models. The CX also supports Freesync LG will not say if this will come to the C9 but I doubt it....

I would still go for the C9 if it’s a better deal as the differences are minimal other than LG nerfing the software features a bit. Depends on pricing really.

It's £500 more for the 55", it's a big chunk more, but then I do plan to keep it for a long time hopefully.

I heard its missing onboard DTS decoder which is bizarre and DTS passthrough doesn't work, although these things don't really effect me, the DTS passthrough might be a bug that gets fixed I hope.

What did you do with your B6 @MOOGLEYS ?

Wondering how to shift mine, could give to a family/friend, not sure I can be bothered to sell it privately, TVs are fragile things and don't want any comebacks weeks done the line if something goes wrong with it.

Associate
Just taken delivery of my 65C9 coming from a 65C7, can anyone help with the following:

- AI Picture, yes or no?
- Does the TV auto switch to best picture options for Dolby Vision/HDR etc?
- Logo luminance high or low?
- Black Level?
- Motion eye care?
- TruMotion settings?My old C7 used to show trails on moving cars/Gravel sometimes and I hated it, could never resolve this
- I have a Sonos Play Bar and Sub, does ARC work or is it optical only?
- Sound - I have it set to Optical>Digital Sound Out> Pass Through, PCM seems to make the volume lower

Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom