What have you done to your car today?

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Spent the morning swapping out the offside rear wheel bearing.
49847614822_9c12c62407_h.jpg

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Pulled the dashboard off Desdemona as part of an attempt to swap out a broken choke cable for another one that we had. No dice as it turned out, for several reasons. So we just soldered a length of extra cable on the end of the existing one (which in retrospect is exactly what I should have done days ago) and stabbed the dash back together.

Associate
Lifted the engine out of my golf today, gearbox and turbo now off, plans are to strip it down and check the block, if its still OK then the block will go to a machine shop for a bore out to 1.9L so the rebuild can begin!

9HWmaFG.jpg

kaLoO4Y.jpg

1fUzann.jpg

Im going to aim for around 320 - 330HP with forged rods, pistons and a hybrid turbo. while the engine is out im going to tidy the loom and engine bay as it needs a lick of paint and some proper heat shielding at the back.

*sorry for potato quality pics*
9HWmaFG.jpg

Associate
Spent a couple of hours on the Focus ST on Friday, cutting off the standard Ford exhaust system and replacing the mid-section & back-box for a Mountune equivalent. Could have been easier but the bolts between the cat & mid-section were in a rusty state so WD40 & a hammer was needed.

Sounds a lot better now, making the already great sounding 2.5T sound better (not stupidly annoyingly loud).

Soldato
I guess this counts! Finished setting up a Raspberry Pi with TeslaMate to record and display data streamed from Tesla's API. One of the overview pages:

5fVaP8J.png

Other pages are incredibly detailed! Cost/use per charging destination will be useful amongst a whole host of other stats.

Shame I'm not going anywhere at the moment...

Soldato
I guess this counts! Finished setting up a Raspberry Pi with TeslaMate to record and display data streamed from Tesla's API. One of the overview pages:

5fVaP8J.png

Other pages are incredibly detailed! Cost/use per charging destination will be useful amongst a whole host of other stats.

That looks awesome! How difficult to set up?

Soldato
Not at all really. I only needed to utilise some vague knowledge of SQL to create some custom panels on that dashboard but you could probably get by without. Otherwise I've never used a Pi before and apart from the usual troubleshooting - mainly network issues - it was straightforward. Most people that run it over on the Tesla forum have zero coding/programming knowledge.

Associate

5fVaP8J.png

Awesome

Soldato
Not so much what I have done, but am going to do today...

My wheel came back from Royal steering wheels last week and is looking smart so will finally put it back on the car

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom