Civilization VI

Soldato
yea a lot of stuff is missing or deeply hidden , I don't like the UI and the map as god damn awful, you can't tell whats a hill and whats a plain

didn't their used to be "the greatest civilizations" thing every 10 or so turns as well showing a different type each time, most educated, most powerful, most peaceful, most religious or whatever they were.
Have you seen the official Civ 5 environment mod for Civ 6? Its made by the developers and it changes the graphics and colours to be closer to Civ 5. The hills are still poor but the forests/jungles are much improved. That combined with the mod that adds single player animations back into multiple helps a little.

Man of Honour
I don’t disagree but I don’t think those DLC as they are described are actually adding much to the game.

The number 1 rule of video games these days is don’t pre-order, that should certainly apply to the promise of un-described DLC over the next year....

The pass will likely be 33%-50% off by Xmas anyway.

Thats probably why they are allowing you to buy the DLCs individually, rather than in advance. So you can wait, see what each pack has in it and decide whether you want that particular pack or want to skip that one and get the next

Soldato

Nice overview of some of the new stuff.

Its been confirmed that there are 6 DLCs and 6 non paid for updates coming over the next 12 months starting next Thursday.

If you want to see some of the new content I would recommend the following twitch https://www.twitch.tv/thegamemechanic - next Thursday at about 5pm as he is planning to play it on release day (he is a Civ VI streamer)

I never played Iv or V but got into Vi after seeing some youtube of it and whilst I agree it isnt perfect it is enjoyable and from the videos I have seen of V it is much better. For the hills that doesn't bother me as I play with tile yields on and can tell what something is from the yields shown.

Soldato
Meh i bought the deluxe edition for full price and having to pay for add on civs even now seems a bit frustrating.
They certainly know how to milk One more turn addicted Civ fanatics :p

I believe I have bought all mine at full price and most of my wife's too. I really do not see an issue with this. It's not like it's just a skin for a model that has no additional benefits or a pay to win scenario. They are adding new content for those who wish to play but the base game changes that go along with it are free for everyone.

Soldato
OP
Maya look fantastic, especially for early rushing. They seem to have a bit of everything but I'm not sure on their late game feasibility. Will be interesting to play though!

Back
Top Bottom