Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Associate
What happens to the money you people were paying now he's off Twitch? Or is that not a Twitch specific thing.

Subs are monthly, and the reason the consensus is that it is a permanent ban is because Twitch refunded all current subs to Dr Disrespect, which they don't do for any other ban.

Man of Honour
What happens to the money you people were paying now he's off Twitch? Or is that not a Twitch specific thing.

I dont subscribe to him but I imagine the same thing that happens to the money you pay Sky when Sky is gone or the money you pay monthly to MS Gamepass if Gamepass closes down. Its gone.

Soldato
Subs are monthly, and the reason the consensus is that it is a permanent ban is because Twitch refunded all current subs to Dr Disrespect, which they don't do for any other ban.

Ah ok, I'm still a tad confused what subbing gives you.

I dont subscribe to him but I imagine the same thing that happens to the money you pay Sky when Sky is gone or the money you pay monthly to MS Gamepass if Gamepass closes down. Its gone.

Well I suppose that's not too bad if it's not a lot.

Man of Honour
Well I suppose that's not too bad if it's not a lot.

If you subscribe by using the free twitch sub that you are given for having an Amazon Prime account (if you have prime) , then it costs you nothing at all. I use my free twitch sub to subscribe to Cohhcarnage, doesnt cost me anything and gives him a little (albeit tiny) financial reward for effectively providing me with some insight into games that I might be looking to possibly purchase, or indeed games which weren't on my radar at all until I saw him playing them.

Kind of a video version of the thread on here "What games are you playing", which sometimes achieves the same thing for me

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This guy must have been huge. Nearly 20 pages talking about him. I made a thread for SoulCalibur 6 here and I don't even think it has 3 pages :p

Man of Honour
This guy must have been huge. Nearly 20 pages talking about him. I made a thread for SoulCalibur 6 here and I don't even think it has 2 pages :p

Lol, to be fair , probably 10 of the 20 pages is a discussion on the point of streamers and whether people who watch them are idiots or not, rather than about the guy in question :D

Man of Honour
This guy must have been huge. Nearly 20 pages talking about him. I made a thread for SoulCalibur 6 here and I don't even think it has 3 pages :p

It's because it got political/off topic. Start talking about how SJWs are ruining Soul Calibur and it'll grow quick :D

Please actually don't do that :o

:edit: actually this one wasn't too political, just mainly people who don't care about it posting a lot about it for some reason.

Also, use man-size pages will you! 100 posts per page or go home.

Associate

Custom emotes, subscriber badges, able to chat in sub only chat mode, no ads, subscriber only streams (not many streamers do these though), and you're supporting that specific streamer financially as a portion of your sub cost is paid to the streamer. People also donate, and depending on the streamers setup it usually pops up on their screen with a message etc.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's because it got political/off topic. Start talking about how SJWs are ruining Soul Calibur and it'll grow quick :D

Please actually don't do that :o

Also, use man-size pages will you! 100 posts per page or go home.
Haha. I used to, but then when you log out they go back to normal, so i prefer keeping it both the same.

Man of Honour
Haha. I used to, but then when you log out they go back to normal, so i prefer keeping it both the same.

You sure that happens now? Just tested and mine works after log out/log in.

This isn't off topic because... Err... Dr. Disrespect wouldn't have been seen dead using anything but mansize.

Soldato
If you subscribe by using the free twitch sub that you are given for having an Amazon Prime account (if you have prime) , then it costs you nothing at all. I use my free twitch sub to subscribe to Cohhcarnage, doesnt cost me anything and gives him a little (albeit tiny) financial reward for effectively providing me with some insight into games that I might be looking to possibly purchase, or indeed games which weren't on my radar at all until I saw him playing them.

Kind of a video version of the thread on here "What games are you playing", which sometimes achieves the same thing for me

Oh ok that makes more sense to me if it's free.

Custom emotes, subscriber badges, able to chat in sub only chat mode, no ads, subscriber only streams (not many streamers do these though), and you're supporting that specific streamer financially as a portion of your sub cost is paid to the streamer. People also donate, and depending on the streamers setup it usually pops up on their screen with a message etc.

You just reminded me of a clip I saw where some random e-thot left her desk, then someone donated $600 asked her to be his girlfriend and she didn't see it. I never have a problem admitting I am wrong etc and I think my perception of the 'simps' (I just learnt this one) who watch the female streamers all day and send money thinking they will form some kind of relationship have skewed my views on all streamers and that culture.

Man of Honour
I never have a problem admitting I am wrong etc and I think my perception of the 'simps' (I just learnt this one) who watch the female streamers all day and send money thinking they will form some kind of relationship have skewed my views on all streamers and that culture.

I used to think the entire thing was mental too, but I get it now, although I couldn't tell you the last time (if ever?) I've actually "tuned in" to a stream. I usually just get recommendations of clips on YouTube, which started because I was looking up about certain games (Apex etc) that they were playing.

Soldato
I used to think the entire thing was mental too, but I get it now, although I couldn't tell you the last time (if ever?) I've actually "tuned in" to a stream. I usually just get recommendations of clips on YouTube, which started because I was looking up about certain games (Apex etc) that they were playing.

I think it's really unhealthy overall in regards to the female ones but I can see how it's probably not much different than watching an equivalent YT vid on something.

PS: Didn't know they made an OCUK mouse mat with the actual members on it,

Soldato
A load of older gamers (I consider myself in that bracket at 33) bragging they haven't heard of Dr Disrespect. He isn't like some random Youtuber who only appeals to 13 year olds who play Minecraft, he's well known and has been at the top of catergories for most FPS games on Twitch for like PUBG, COD, Fortnite, etc. His clips also appear on Youtube and have millions of views. If you play FPS games and also go on Youtube and/or watch Twitch and haven't heard of him then you've probably been walking around with your eyes closed. If you don't play FPS games and/or don't watch Twitch/Youtube then that's why you haven't heard of him. Even with his flaws he's more entertaining and talented than most people with their own actual TV shows, and I don't consider myself a regular viewer anymore.

Olde gamer here, I actually like the character, it's different from most of the usually bored looking guys playing games.

I watch to be entertained, I just don't like twitch much so didn't view often. I agree though if you've played any FPS games recently and not seen a clip of him etc somewhere I'd love to know how you dodged that bullet !

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You sure that happens now? Just tested and mine works after log out/log in.

This isn't off topic because... Err... Dr. Disrespect wouldn't have been seen dead using anything but mansize.
Maybe the new forum fixed it somehow. Let me try.

Man size activated. Now 4 pages :)

As I thought, once you log out it goes back to 19 pages, which makes sense as that is the default. Anyway, will leave it like this and see how I get on.

Man of Honour
I think it's really unhealthy overall in regards to the female ones but I can see how it's probably not much different than watching an equivalent YT vid on something.

PS: Didn't know they made an OCUK mouse mat with the actual members on it,

I think there are probably some good female streamers but I haven't seen them, it does just seem to be one layer up from other sorts of streaming sites :p

And yeah, people paid a lot to be in that picture, don't you recognise @mrbell1984 in the bottom right? He's facing away from the camera but still unmistakable.

Maybe the new forum fixed it somehow. Let me try.

Man size activated. Now 4 pages :)

Hell yes. You can now go forth with violence, speed, and momentum (only 200 IQ Dr. D simps will understand).

:edit: saw your edit.... Weird. Once you log in it should return to your preferences.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Not a good time for streamers. That is Deigosaur booted from TSM for past indiscretions with underage fans.

Back
Top Bottom