Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
I'm hoping the rumours about an alternative to twitch are true. closed my account a few weeks ago as I dislike the platform. Doubt they are true though.

I think there's a huge amount of clutching at straws going on.

Soldato
I wouldn't watch a Kubrick movie then. Scorsese I would but it would most likely be for the actors and story that are memorable not who directed it.

IT is the creators who make the film (or game) memorable though???

For example Robert de Nero is in loads of films that are total guff, but every film he is in, which is directed by Scorcese is excelllent.

Soldato
I watch quite a few play through's because they are often games that I will never play (Last of us 2 being a PS4 exclusive for example) or are games that I have no real interest in playing (SP RPG games like Cyberpunk) but still appreciate that there's a good story behind it that I am happy to experience. Play through's cut out all the faffing around and "wasted" time that I simply don't have time to invest in, had I been playing it myself.

I have to say, watching someone else play The Last of Us 2, is a massive waste! It is an amazing game and should be experienced in person.

Soldato
I'm hoping the rumours about an alternative to twitch are true. closed my account a few weeks ago as I dislike the platform. Doubt they are true though.

I think there's a huge amount of clutching at straws going on.

Hasn't 'Mixer' which was the alternative to Twitch, just shut down?

Associate
Hasn't 'Mixer' which was the alternative to Twitch, just shut down?

Yep, they thought they could just throw money at two large streamers (Ninja and Shroud) to stream there exclusively and the entire community would follow. What happened was Ninja and Shroud fans went to Mixer when they were live, and left the moment they went offline. Rather than give it the time it needed to build a community, MS threw in the towel.

Looks like Shroud and Ninja are the big winners there as they've got out of the exclusivity deal for free, and are most likely still going to be paid the full amount. Even if they only get paid pro rata, thats still a lot of money.

If Ninja does go back to Twitch, he'll go back straight at the top within a week.

Associate
Nobody cares, half of marriages end up in a divorce. If someone as popular as him doesn't have a fling on the side then who does?

giphy.gif

Soldato
A load of older gamers (I consider myself in that bracket at 33) bragging they haven't heard of Dr Disrespect. He isn't like some random Youtuber who only appeals to 13 year olds who play Minecraft, he's well known and has been at the top of catergories for most FPS games on Twitch for like PUBG, COD, Fortnite, etc. His clips also appear on Youtube and have millions of views. If you play FPS games and also go on Youtube and/or watch Twitch and haven't heard of him then you've probably been walking around with your eyes closed. If you don't play FPS games and/or don't watch Twitch/Youtube then that's why you haven't heard of him. Even with his flaws he's more entertaining and talented than most people with their own actual TV shows, and I don't consider myself a regular viewer anymore.

Associate
A load of older gamers (I consider myself in that bracket at 33) bragging they haven't heard of Dr Disrespect. He isn't like some random Youtuber who only appeals to 13 year olds who play Minecraft, he's well known and has been at the top of catergories for most FPS games on Twitch for like PUBG, COD, Fortnite, etc. His clips also appear on Youtube and have millions of views. If you play FPS games and also go on Youtube and/or watch Twitch and haven't heard of him then you've probably been walking around with your eyes closed. If you don't play FPS games and/or don't watch Twitch/Youtube then that's why you haven't heard of him. Even with his flaws he's more entertaining and talented than most people with their own actual TV shows, and I don't consider myself a regular viewer anymore.

True. I don't follow him but I've heard of him thru others or see suggested clips from other videos I've seen

Soldato
Nobody cares, half of marriages end up in a divorce. If someone as popular as him doesn't have a fling on the side then who does?

I always take that as quite a positive stat. We can all point to marriages that were clearly not going to last from the get go, and yet 50% of marriages in total go the distance. Not bad odds.

Man of Honour
I always take that as quite a positive stat. We can all point to marriages that were clearly not going to last from the get go, and yet 50% of marriages in total go the distance. Not bad odds.

Probably happen all the more often now too as they've changed/changing the divorce laws to make it easier to divorce and to be able to divorce sooner into a marriage.

Soldato
ItS jUsT hIs AcT

I'm pretty sure he's playing a comedy character, of course certain elements of how he acts is true to his real life character, he just exaggerates for comedic effect. Unless you think he normally sits around in a wig with sun glasses on shouting at the screen and foaming at the mouth?

Back
Top Bottom