Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Associate
How are people surprised that streamers make a decent living when gogglebox is on national tv!
Decent living is a massive understatement for someone like Doc. With a standard partner deal, they get 50% of the subscription income. Feb 2020 Doc had around 23000 active subscriptions. Most are tier 1 (5USD) so we'll just use that as the number - 57,500USD before taxes in Feb 2020 just from Twitch subs. He'll also get thousands per stream in donations, and then there's all the brand deals, the Twitch exclusivity deal... He's making more a week than most people on OCUK are making a year. Guy is minted.

Associate
Decent living is a massive understatement for someone like Doc. With a standard partner deal, they get 50% of the subscription income. Feb 2020 Doc had around 23000 active subscriptions. Most are tier 1 (5USD) so we'll just use that as the number - 57,500USD before taxes in Feb 2020 just from Twitch subs. He'll also get thousands per stream in donations, and then there's all the brand deals, the Twitch exclusivity deal... He's making more a week than most people on OCUK are making a year. Guy is minted.
I wonder if this will be the future of how entertainment is going to or if its just a fad

Soldato
And to be fair, nobody will start up on twitch and suddenly earn millions. There are people who have been on twitch for years and not made much money.

Takes a lot of time dedication, presenting skills, artwork, editing, animation and so on to build up a sufficiently large enough userbase to be able to throw your normal job in and get all your income from your twitch stream
3.8 million unique broadcasters over February 2020
41,100 Twitch Partners, as of March 2020
200,000 affiliates as of end of 2018.

Lets assume all their partners are full time so thats 0.01% of streamers making a living
Even if you assume all affiliates are full time (which is impossible) and bump it up to a massively optimistic 500,000 to account for the 2 year gap in data, then thats still only 0.14% making stable money.

Thats why most analysts say new streamers should be anywhere else but Twitch since its so saturated.
Its like all entertainment, 98% are struggling to get anywhere, 1.5% are earning 5/6 figures, and then the last 0.5% are the millionaires.

Caporegime
Exactly. I highly doubt there is a single player on this forum that could come close to Shroud at an FPS game. His reaction time and game sense is just unreal.

Sounds like something a silver would say.

I'm LEM and I'd reckon people who are at the 2 ranks above me, global and supreme could take him on as there isn't a huge difference at those levels.

I've also beaten the guy ranked number 2 in the world on ps4 in trials of osiris in destiny. I even sniped and killed him several times personally.

Shroud wasn't even that good. Plenty of csgo players better than him.

Man of Honour
Exactly. I highly doubt there is a single player on this forum that could come close to Shroud at an FPS game. His reaction time and game sense is just unreal.

I won't pretend to be a top level player - but I can (or could) certainly come close - I have actually played against a good number of top level players in Quake 2/3 and CS in both duels and team play including Fatal1ty (to have an idea how well I would or wouldn't do).

And there are better players on here than me.

Soldato
I won't pretend to be a top level player - but I can (or could) certainly come close - I have actually played against a good number of top level players in Quake 2/3 and CS in both duels and team play including Fatal1ty (to have an idea how well I would or wouldn't do).

And there are better players on here than me.

That's just it there are always better people out there. I think one of the major parts of getting really good in a certain game is playing with people who are better than you. It forces you to adapt and improve.

I don't quite have the drive anymore to train as often as I used to which is a shame but I know when I was training a lot I could have taken shroud out quite consistently. I still think I could get some cheeky kills on him but wouldn't be consistent and likely overall would lose.

Man of Honour
I think one of the major parts of getting really good in a certain game is playing with people who are better than you. It forces you to adapt and improve.

Yeah definitely - everyone is going to be different but one thing I learnt from playing people better than me was some awareness of self-preservation - having the presence of mind to very rapidly switch to disengaging and hitting cover when the odds turn against you - even if that is just hit reg in the moment not on your side - rather than trying to luck it out when things just aren't going your way.

Man of Honour
sound plausible but also sounds like complete BS lol.

this is some x files level stuff

I'd have thought if journalists were primed with information that scandalous within Twitch they'd run with it rather than hold off on the whims of someone's vendetta even if they don't have complete information. The first person to break that story would likely see a career boost from it.

Soldato
If he knew he was innocent, I don't see why he'd keep quiet. From what's written there, he's done at twitch and anywhere else and rape/sexual harassment claims will be levied if he talks? So what does he have to lose? If he's innocent then surely he'd have some kind of proof, but he'd rather keep quiet and let them bury him than stick up for himself and talk?

It doesn't add up.

Sgarrista
Commissario
If he knew he was innocent, I don't see why he'd keep quiet. From what's written there, he's done at twitch and anywhere else and rape/sexual harassment claims will be levied if he talks? So what does he have to lose? If he's innocent then surely he'd have some kind of proof, but he'd rather keep quiet and let them bury him than stick up for himself and talk?

Because this is the #metoo era. People once accused are guilty until proven innocent. If he keeps quiet he may be able to rebuild his career at a later day, if the accusations come out true or not hes ruined.

Don

It doesn't add up.

This isn’t the average human being who can just write a Facebook status to state his innocence. He will an expensive legal and media team who will advise accordingly.

Soldato
Because this is the #metoo era. People once accused are guilty until proven innocent. If he keeps quiet he may be able to rebuild his career at a later day, if the accusations come out true or not hes ruined.

"Exec will ensure he cant move platforms under threat of female streamer".

Nope, not buying it. if he had an ounce of proof him and his expensive legal team would tell her to do one.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
It's a stunt I've no doubt. He's probably gone on holiday with his family for a break. These big steamers have big expectations so how do they handle going on holiday for a week or three? Would be a big revenue loss for all involved so keeping the media in a spin will keep bringing people to Twitch while he has a nice break without pressure.

Soldato
On the is he a pro gamer thing, he a pro gamer in the same way a taxi driver is a pro driver.

I have heard of all of those apart from David Braben and The Stamper brothers. However they all became notable for gaming achievements in the 80s and early 90s. So I don't think it's unfair to say that your idea of notable people in gaming might be a little out of date.
David Braben is CEO of frontier developments. A company which is doing pretty well at the moment. Yes his initial achievements were in the 1980s but his current games are doing well.
Also the little known of computer board the raspberry pi earned him an OBE*
*This latter bit is from memory I could have cheated and googled but where is the fun in that so I may bee wrong* ;)

Back
Top Bottom