******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
I was following this guide. The time out might be a bug but it definitely has some messages coded into the game. I find the controls overly sensitive. My mouse and keyboard are just set up fairly middle of the road, not super twitch sensitive. Works fine for everything else. I plan to get 2 X T16000 joysticks eventually as it just seems more intuitive than a keyboard mouse for flying.

To be honest I think some auto docking/auto pilot function wouldn't go amiss, at least the option, but make you more vulnerable to attack to encourage manual control.

That's just my experience, I may be the only player to ever have an issue :)

That fair, wasn't trying to be dismissive, just from my view as a casual gamer whom doesn't play sims at all wasn't seeing issue as it seemed simple enough to get going.

There is a timeout, I just haven't found what that time is and have taken ages before landing, just cause UI to land is still rubbish. The sensitivity I think is just user to user depending on setup tbh. There is options to change that but I never have and haven't found it overally sensitive but that a personal thing.

There is an auto pilot for landing, no idea if any good etc as never used. I can imagine things like docking as well would have said option and manual for those that want it. All issues are valid. Just had never seen SC how it is to be close to a sim in terms of it's actual flight controls.

Things are simulated and as a sim in terms of weight/mass, temp, room system with gases inside vehicles, stations and similar. Aero to a point is simulated. Things like the more cargo you have the heavier the ship and more power needed to take off for example. There so much missing but there are the bare bones for elements to built off there. They recently reiterated about the force reactions and how far they go and also things like taking individual bullets out of a magazine as example of scavanging for your weapon after a fire fight.

Soldato
Yup you run out of ammo.

ALso on your ship too if you use cannon weapons.

Yes the attention to detail is out of this world really and despite many and i mean many slating this game as a majory scam, there is equally if not more people that actualy love this game and its direction.

This time next year we should see another star system called PYRO and some of the tech pillars on its first iteration done.

I can see why people are irritated but if Cyberpunk took 8 years Star Citizen is much more ambitious. They need to understand what a huge task it is. If I was them I'd concentrate on the core systems and get enough content to launch, then iterate on new systems and extra ships etc.

I think the limits will work well so long as it doesn't just push everyone to energy weapons. I know they have a recharge but that's infinitely better than no ammunition. Will curtail the exploits of the griefers and make the real pirates think a bit.

That fair, wasn't trying to be dismissive, just from my view as a casual gamer whom doesn't play sims at all wasn't seeing issue as it seemed simple enough to get going.

There is a timeout, I just haven't found what that time is and have taken ages before landing, just cause UI to land is still rubbish. The sensitivity I think is just user to user depending on setup tbh. There is options to change that but I never have and haven't found it overally sensitive but that a personal thing.

There is an auto pilot for landing, no idea if any good etc as never used. I can imagine things like docking as well would have said option and manual for those that want it. All issues are valid. Just had never seen SC how it is to be close to a sim in terms of it's actual flight controls.

Things are simulated and as a sim in terms of weight/mass, temp, room system with gases inside vehicles, stations and similar. Aero to a point is simulated. Things like the more cargo you have the heavier the ship and more power needed to take off for example. There so much missing but there are the bare bones for elements to built off there. They recently reiterated about the force reactions and how far they go and also things like taking individual bullets out of a magazine as example of scavanging for your weapon after a fire fight.

That's fine, just personal experiences. I'm fine with different thoughts and opinions, it's how we learn :)

Speaking of SIMs, are the space physics Star Wars or new Battlestar Galactica/The Expanse? ie no banking in space and constant forward movement unless boosters used in the opposite direction.

Soldato
I can see why people are irritated but if Cyberpunk took 8 years Star Citizen is much more ambitious. They need to understand what a huge task it is. If I was them I'd concentrate on the core systems and get enough content to launch, then iterate on new systems and extra ships etc.

I think the limits will work well so long as it doesn't just push everyone to energy weapons. I know they have a recharge but that's infinitely better than no ammunition. Will curtail the exploits of the griefers and make the real pirates think a bit.

That's fine, just personal experiences. I'm fine with different thoughts and opinions, it's how we learn :)

Speaking of SIMs, are the space physics Star Wars or new Battlestar Galactica/The Expanse? ie no banking in space and constant forward movement unless boosters used in the opposite direction.

Yes cyberpunk took 8 years to make and you forgot a few things:

• They already had teh tech and engine in place
  • They were an already established gamig studio that has pushed out 3 witcher games
  • Scope and scale of Cyperpunk is a tiny spec compared to SC.

Technically SC has been in development for 8 years too but but. 8 years ago it was a kickstarter with about 3 or 4 devs only.

IN the 8 years they have switched engines, built a whole gaming studio team from scratch along with the offices and logistics, built the tech tools (they are still building it) in order to build planets, moons and other assets, and not only switching engines but proactically gutting it out redoing A LOT OF it from scratch(icache, server meshing, network/client code/stream, gaming physics, graphcs optimisation using vulkan/gen 12 etc)

They also thought cryteck on a legal battle too to boot.

edit: @Troezar also, the ships are needed to deploy new gameloops and features. For example, if yu want ship to station docking, well you need a ship big enough to have a docking system nd a reason to dock in space vs just landing in lorville(you wont be able to land a idris or javeline for instance/be very difficult to)

Also salvaging? YOu need a ship for that too(there is one in game already) So my point is you do need some ships to be worked on/rleased in order to use the gameplay loops

Last edited:
Associate
The servers have been unstable for me this patch, but hoping they can sort that soon.

I see a lot of people complaining about how long and how much it has cost, but tbf Fifa makes over a billion per year from UT alone, and that has had no progress at all over the last 10 years, so the 650 mill+ plus for sc and sq42 seems a bargin

Soldato
@Troezar did you try game glass yet? It really massively reduces the control complexity.... well worth trying if you haven't. Like mentioned the free tier is all you really need.

Also re control sensitivity, not an issue I've come across but I believe you can adjust curves iirc, and also use the speed limiter to control how fast the ship can go when manoeuvring for landing etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Troezar did you try game glass yet? It really massively reduces the control complexity.... well worth trying if you haven't. Like mentioned the free tier is all you really need.

Also re control sensitivity, not an issue I've come across but I believe you can adjust curves iirc, and also use the speed limiter to control how fast the ship can go when manoeuvring for landing etc.

I have downloaded it and put it on my tablet which promptly went flat! I've charged it up and will try it out later. It does look very useful.

Soldato
Yeah been stable for me. Couldn't get into 3.9 at all. And managed once in 3.10. So far in about 7 x 4-5 hour sessions of 3.11 had two crashes total. Not too bad overall. I know others not so lucky mind whom have had maybe a dozen crashes at same time. Most have been 30k's with a couple of CTD.

Soldato
Yeh it definitely looks flashy, some concern about how readable it might be with a lot going on. But they say that it's key for it to be usable so I'll trust them with it for now! I look forward to hopefully having a hud that's visible on a bright background unlike the current one, and features like the velocity indicator are going to be reallly nice to have.
The gameplay around power management looks like it will be good also, will add a lot more gameplay to the larger ships for sure.

Soldato
Yeh it definitely looks flashy, some concern about how readable it might be with a lot going on. But they say that it's key for it to be usable so I'll trust them with it for now! I look forward to hopefully having a hud that's visible on a bright background unlike the current one, and features like the velocity indicator are going to be reallly nice to have.
The gameplay around power management looks like it will be good also, will add a lot more gameplay to the larger ships for sure.

This is definitely not going to be a casual game. I can see some lives getting sucked past the rabbit hole's event horizon :D

Soldato
This is definitely not going to be a casual game. I can see some lives getting sucked past the rabbit hole's event horizon :D
You say that, but I feel you'll be able to play it fairly casually if you just limit what you are doing. Fly a simple single seater ship, just play as a crewman on someone else's ship etc. I love how they're catering for all sorts of gameplay!
Speaking as an Eve Online player who enjoys referring to anyone mining as carebears... I even did some mining in a Mole with a few friends the other day. Actually interesting gameplay :eek:. Was good just chilling with some mates, shooting some rocks and balancing the laser strengths to not blow rocks up and damage the ship.

I've also been bit by bit building my own HOTAS throttle style controller for use ingame. Will post some pictures when I've made a bit more progress!

Associate
Feel the UI is a great step in the right direction. Honestly it surpassed my expectations. Not sold on beam of light underneath it feels its silly really would rather that be in a HUD of the helmet. Hopefully they will tweak it. Lets hope its not too long till its in game to test out.

Soldato
You say that, but I feel you'll be able to play it fairly casually if you just limit what you are doing. Fly a simple single seater ship, just play as a crewman on someone else's ship etc. I love how they're catering for all sorts of gameplay!
Speaking as an Eve Online player who enjoys referring to anyone mining as carebears... I even did some mining in a Mole with a few friends the other day. Actually interesting gameplay :eek:. Was good just chilling with some mates, shooting some rocks and balancing the laser strengths to not blow rocks up and damage the ship.

I've also been bit by bit building my own HOTAS throttle style controller for use ingame. Will post some pictures when I've made a bit more progress!

Sort of, EvE was great and also terrible. It felt like you could play casually but soon came up against the reality of it costing ISK to play which required time. I can see that happening in Star Citizen to some extent, especially when the masses start playing it just for the pew pew :)

Will be interested to see what set up you come up with. I'll probably buy some joysticks when it gets closer to launch, I think I'm getting too old to be bothered relearning the controls every time there an update ;)

Associate
idk what they did with the controls again but all my binds for the dual t16000s have gone out the window. Finding it hard to remember how i setup now. Annoying. Holding off on buying virpils for now. But atmo combat feels way better than it did.

Associate
So my ROC disappeared from the ship inventory. It was bought with real money. Put in a ticket with support and they want me to reset my character. Will I lose my in-game money and ships?? That would suck serious balls if so!

Back
Top Bottom