VR for Star Wars Squadrons

Soldato
I just picked this up on origin. I have a reverb G2 (a windows MR headset) is there a way to pin this so I can easily run from within the headset or do I have to launch it from desktop in origin?

Thanks

Soldato
I just picked this up on origin. I have a reverb G2 (a windows MR headset) is there a way to pin this so I can easily run from within the headset or do I have to launch it from desktop in origin?

Thanks

You can use SteamVR's virtual desktop feature to view your desktop in VR and launch the game via its icon.

Associate
Kartofel Salad,

You should get decent performance in this provided you turn down all the resolution/graphics settings on your monitor and turn up the graphics settings on your 3d glasses. It's very smooth for me on 3d settings ultra across the board on an I7/7700 GTX1080, 32Gb RAM. Going to experiment with Supersamping next.

Your headset is higher res than my Rift CV1 but I think if you go for the Ti version 1070 you should be fine. In terms of playability and immersion in VR irrespective of headset it is jaw dropping and the finest gaming experience I have ever had in over 35 years of gaming!! What they have done here is nail the mood, atmosphere and feeling of the original movies...

Just buy it! Birdseed

Soldato
You can use SteamVR's virtual desktop feature to view your desktop in VR and launch the game via its icon.
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that works but I was wondering if there was a slight more interesting way of doing it. All my installed steam VR games have a mini poster which I have mounted on a wall in my cinema room in my clifftop house. Was wondering if this could be done for other store games.

Thanks

Associate
Bought and given it a go.

Cockpits look fantastic.

Everything outside of the cockpits, not so much. As in, textures and other graphical effects like explosions.

It's like as if it's high Res inside the cockpit, and low/medium Res outside.

I noticed the same thing when I tried Elite Dangerous.

I think I'm possibly being incredibly fussy though, as I'm used to playing Warzone and other non-VR games maxed out.

Played some dogfight multiplayer but was getting absolutely blasted. I'm on controller, from most of the kill cams people's movement seemed like they may have been using the mouse.

Soldato
Bought and given it a go.

Cockpits look fantastic.

Everything outside of the cockpits, not so much. As in, textures and other graphical effects like explosions.

It's like as if it's high Res inside the cockpit, and low/medium Res outside.

I noticed the same thing when I tried Elite Dangerous.

I think I'm possibly being incredibly fussy though, as I'm used to playing Warzone and other non-VR games maxed out.

Played some dogfight multiplayer but was getting absolutely blasted. I'm on controller, from most of the kill cams people's movement seemed like they may have been using the mouse.

it must be down to settings, because the whole game looks great to me, there is a learning curve to what settings to use, like you need to turn down all of the flat screen settings, as when you enable VR it still runs both

when Squadrons came out, all the shops sold out of joysticks so actually I think most people are using sticks, I certainly find I get better scores using a stick over using a mouse and keyboard

Soldato

I mean, if you've literally only just bought it - maybe they're just a lot more experienced at playing it than you are. :)

Associate
it must be down to settings, because the whole game looks great to me, there is a learning curve to what settings to use, like you need to turn down all of the flat screen settings, as when you enable VR it still runs both

Interesting. One of the reasons I purchased the Reverb G2 was the allure of high Res VR, so the low Res textures I'm experiencing are dissaponting. Will have a play with the settings again.

I mean, if you've literally only just bought it - maybe they're just a lot more experienced at playing it than you are. :)

The cheek! :p

Nah fully aware of that, was more just an observation that on some kill cams players 'movement' seemed different to my own, very snappy. Like in a FPS shooter.

Soldato

Really? ********, that must have been the cause of some of my perf issues. Need to go try again lol.

Soldato
Interesting. One of the reasons I purchased the Reverb G2 was the allure of high Res VR, so the low Res textures I'm experiencing are dissaponting. Will have a play with the settings again.

The cheek! :p

Nah fully aware of that, was more just an observation that on some kill cams players 'movement' seemed different to my own, very snappy. Like in a FPS shooter.

the kills cams are not representative of what the person was actually doing, iirc the server tick rate is not that high so it only records what they were doing every e.g. 2 seconds

Associate
I played through the first couple of hours on my Xbox, then saw it on sale on Steam... the VR is unbelievable. Yes it’s by no means perfect but sitting in the Tie Cockpit... flying past a star destroyer. Loved it.

Caporegime
Head's up just to highlight that this is down to £10.99 on Epic Games Store right now.
Do you mean £20.99? As that's all I see.

Edit - never mind. It is £10.99 :) - you just have to apply the £10 coupon to get that price.

Edit - oh wait. Surely no VR for the Epic version?

Edit - seems that you can VR on that version.

Edit - bought it, can't argue with £11. Thanks @McPhee

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom