Afghanistan - 20 years on

Associate
I don't think we really know what would happen under Trump - I'm not even sure he knows. He was so unpredictable no one really knew if he was about to start WW3 or roll over.

Unlike the US though most other countries weren't standing there going things are fine, "we aren't going to be seeing scenes like Saigon never gonna happen", etc. even literally as it is happening... this has left the US looking weak and is likely going to result in China having a bit of a go a testing just how weak they may or may not be.
Why is it that all this makes America look weak?

Soldato
Trump would have done the same thing but with a different narrative. It was him who made the agreement with the Taliban in the first place.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-picture-30-year-old-13631270.amp

It's not even the only example either, bleeding hearts putting children at risk yet again.

This is anecdotal, but I joined secondary school in 93 and a 'kid' in my class whose family were originally from Bangladesh. He had a 5 o'clock shadow in year 7 and left around year 9.

Turned out he was 16 when he joined our class of 11 year olds and 18 when he left. But because he was short, he got away with it. I was fairly good friends with him actually, it was the first time I had ever heard of fasting for Ramadan.

So it's not like that is a new phenomenon cause by the migrant crisis.

Soldato
They can't get jobs so try to sneak in to school to try and blag acceptable qualifications. But then it's still going to be a problem when they try to get a job, because things just won't match up when someone checks it :p

Soldato
This is anecdotal, but I joined secondary school in 93 and a 'kid' in my class whose family were originally from Bangladesh. He had a 5 o'clock shadow in year 7 and left around year 9.

Turned out he was 16 when he joined our class of 11 year olds and 18 when he left. But because he was short, he got away with it. I was fairly good friends with him actually, it was the first time I had ever heard of fasting for Ramadan.

So it's not like that is a new phenomenon cause by the migrant crisis.
Pretty scary really isn't it, at 16 most of the boys and girls in my class were interested in one thing when it came to our fellow classmates, it involved lots of horizonal refreshment.

Soldato
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-picture-30-year-old-13631270.amp

It's not even the only example either, bleeding hearts putting children at risk yet again.
Nothing to do with bleeding hearts. More indept councils who can't even get their own safeguarding rules right.

Whoever got hoodwinked into thinking he was under 18 should probably not be in that job.

Everyone deserves the right to education but I find it perplexing that this individual lied to get into a school environment when there are other avenues in place for adult education at all levels.

Caporegime
Nothing to do with bleeding hearts. More indept councils who can't even get their own safeguarding rules right.

Whoever got hoodwinked into thinking he was under 18 should probably not be in that job.

Everyone deserves the right to education but I find it perplexing that this individual lied to get into a school environment when there are other avenues in place for adult education at all levels.
I thought he claimed to be a child to be allowed in the country like many of them did

we could tell really easily with dental records apparently but it's too invasive....
that 30year old muslim likely wouldnt have got asked for ID in a shop....... your local newsagent is more able to judge ages than borderforce/immigration, think about that

Soldato
I thought he claimed to be a child to be allowed in the country like many of them did

we could tell really easily with dental records apparently but it's too invasive....
that 30year old muslim likely wouldn't have got asked for ID in a shop....... your local newsagent is more thorough than borderforce/immigration, think about that

But letting a 30 year old in to school and put the kids at risk is fine :/

We need to start getting serious with checking people coming in. What's the big deal, it's not like we have a shortage. If they don't like the idea they can always try another country.

Soldato
Trump would have done the same thing but with a different narrative. It was him who made the agreement with the Taliban in the first place.

What were the details of the deal Trump made with the Taliban? Did they include the current events and the reaction of the President to them? Did Biden go along with every other deal Trump made? Can't wait to see him get the wall finished!

Caporegime
It's here: https://www.npr.org/2020/02/29/8105...decades-of-war-in-afghanistan?t=1629554583163

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/6790279/US-Taliban-Agreement.pdf

PART ONE

The United States is committed to withdraw from Afghanistan all military forces of the United States, its allies, and Coalition partners, including all non-diplomatic civilian personnel, private security contractors, trainers, advisors, and supporting services personnel within fourteen (14) monthsfollowing announcement of this agreement, and will take the following measures in this regard:

A. The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will take the following measures in the first one hundred thirty-five (135) days:

1) They will reduce the number of U.S. forces in Afghanistan to eight thousand six hundred (8,600) and proportionally bring reduction in the number of its allies and Coalition forces.
2) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from five (5) military bases.

B. With the commitment and action on the obligations of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban in Part Two of this agreement, the United States, its allies, and the Coalition will execute the following:

1) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will complete withdrawal of all remaining forces from Afghanistan within the remaining nine and a half (9.5) months.
2) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from remaining bases.

C. The United States is committed to start immediately to work with all relevant sides on a plan to expeditiously release combat and political prisoners as a confidence building measure with the coordination and approval of all relevant sides. Up to five thousand (5,000) prisoners of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban and up to one thousand (1,000) prisoners of the other side will be released by March 10, 2020, the first day of intra-Afghan negotiations, which corresponds to Rajab 15, 1441 on the Hijri Lunar calendar and Hoot 20, 1398 on the Hijri Solar calendar. The relevant sides have the goal of releasing all the remaining prisoners over the course of the subsequent three months.

What were the details of the deal Trump made with the Taliban? Did they include the current events and the reaction of the President to them? Did Biden go along with every other deal Trump made? Can't wait to see him get the wall finished!

Honoring an agreement with a foreign power is a bit different to letting down some contractors on a stupid wall that Trump said America would never pay for (and yet, spent $15 billion on so far...)

Soldato
After the abysmal performance of this office, anything is possible come the next election. Trump returns? :eek:
Maybe the UK should hope for his return. I mean if we had good leadership maybe we could take advantage of another 4 years of accelerated U.S decline :p. Another Trump era would seal the deal IMO. After all, American's put him there last time. The reasons he got into power gives you a glimpse into the future, trouble ahead quite likely.

I'm still lost with the 20 year "war against terrorism" as it was once hailed to doing a deal with the Taliban (so called terrorists) who quickly took over the country speeding up the departure of the U.S military it seems. Feels like another vietnam tbh despite modern weaponry vs ancient weapons of hill dwellers :D.

U.S need to focus on sorting their issues at home. A borderline illegal war with Iraq & this mess but still think it's good to interfere in the internal affairs of other nations when their own previous president went nutjob wannabe dictator :p. Trump remembers the old saying, if you can't beat them join them (ie, become like China :D).

Just like the last election here, American's had a choice of two bad choices. Here it was Bozo Brexit Boris vs extremist Corbyn . There it was a lying old narcissist nutjob vs another out of touch old geezer

Not 100% serious here but the recent events seem pretty crazy tbh. Look at the state Afghanistan has been left in after 20 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom