Greta Thunberg

Caporegime
China.

I dunno why people defend China for anything.
They literally don't give a **** about anything except getting to the point where they can stop selling us everything manufacturing we gave to them to supply to us.

They are almost there. Almost financially own all of the world except Europe and USA, that they are having to buy bit by bit, brick by brick.

There is nothing currently admirable about the Chinese government. I hate it. You can barely avoid Chinese products without taking a second mortgage.
We gave them all this to better ourselves, that backfired nicely.

The west's relationship with China will go down in the history books as one of the biggest mistakes of the 20th and 21st century.

Maybe a non US/Eurocentric approach to politics is just the thing the earth needs..

Last edited:
Permabanned
Is it not still the case that around 60% of global emissions is produced by five countries and the UK is nowhere near any of them ?

But every country should contribute, especially the wealthy ones have even more abilities to modernise their economies and industries.

If it's true that your country has lost its biodiversity, then maybe think about how to reverse the negative trends.

lol i dont live off the grid* but im pretty sure northern Sweden has 3x the regulation and more efficient hydroelectricity production than anywhere in the UK.
I dont have kids (probably biggest contributor)
I don't have a car
i recycle 95% of our rubbish, we throw away about a carrier bags full every 2 weeks.
You cant breath here without someone complaining about CO2 emissions.
Its nauseatingly clean and the weirdest thing is people have grown up for generations, its not just being rammed down their throats now.

*relatively speaking

Flexing Co2 footprint has to be a new low :)

Caporegime
We're in a "climate emergency" but China are allowed to increase CO2 emissions as much as they want until 2030 and have merely promised to be carbon neutral by 2060. I mean, who wouldn't trust a self appointed dictator that has been militarising the South China Sea and routinely invading Taiwan's airspace? I'm sure they'll follow through in their promise to hobble their economy like the west is doing.

Permabanned
We're in a "climate emergency" but China are allowed to increase CO2 emissions as much as they want until 2030 and have merely promised to be carbon neutral by 2060. I mean, who wouldn't trust a self appointed dictator that has been militarising the South China Sea and routinely invading Taiwan's airspace? I'm sure they'll follow through in their promise to hobble their economy like the west is doing.

2060 is a so distant future that it is really not serious to talk about it.
China must drop its CO2 emissions now and in the next five-ten years, not the next 40 years lol

Until then, there will be trillions of $ direct losses from climate change - droughts, severe weather patterns like hurricanes, tornados, floods like those in the West of Germany this July... etc, etc

Last edited:
Associate
Here lies the problem, we can ask nicely but that's about it. Imagine the rest of the World trying to force trade embargoes etc, total World economic collapse.

Our planets future is in there hands, half the World can do its upmost but this can be offset by the other half.

8ctJyaR.jpg

Soldato
Here lies the problem, we can ask nicely but that's about it. Imagine the rest of the World trying to force trade embargoes etc, total World economic collapse.

Our planets future is in there hands, half the World can do its upmost but this can be offset by the other half.

8ctJyaR.jpg
We need some sort of virus to limit their numbers.....

Associate

To say "allowed" would be do suggest we have some say in the matter. If China says "Go forth, we're going to produce as much CO2 as we like" what exactly could we do about it?

Back
Top Bottom