Far Cry 6

Soldato
I have downloaded it but do I need to enable it or something in the settings?
I had a quick look through the graphics settings but can't find anything to enable/disable it so guess it's enabled by default if you've downloaded it. I did get warned that my drivers are out of date, as it's been a couple months since I last updated them, so I'd better get the latest ones.

I'm just playing with the built in benchmark and playing around with the settings but so far it is running at good frame rates on high, even ultra.

Soldato
I had a quick look through the graphics settings but can't find anything to enable/disable it so guess it's enabled by default if you've downloaded it. I did get warned that my drivers are out of date, as it's been a couple months since I last updated them, so I'd better get the latest ones.

I'm just playing with the built in benchmark and playing around with the settings but so far it is running at good frame rates on high, even ultra.
Thanks for that.

Soldato

Eh? The HD textures setting is definitely there as a toggle in the quality tab of the settings.

Thanks for that.

See above you do need to enable it.

Soldato
Having problems downloading this, got to 53gb, then computer crashed and after restart its 23gb now its stalled altogether, smacks a bit of downloading games from MS Store app.

Just noticed an orange warning at the bottom of the download page stating service was disrupted and will reconnect.

Associate
Having problems downloading this, got to 53gb, then computer crashed and after restart its 23gb now its stalled altogether, smacks a bit of downloading games from MS Store app.

Just noticed an orange warning at the bottom of the download page stating service was disrupted and will reconnect.
why crashed?

Man of Honour
I need to have a fiddle with the graphics settings tomorrow, just did the first hour of the game and its made me feel sick, like motion sickness. I've had this before on some titles and its always been something in the graphics settings thats caused it. I'll give it a look tomorrow and try some different settings.

Man of Honour
So with HD Texture pack enabled I get a VRAM low warning from Ubi+ via an ingame overlay at the top. Looks like the game reports around 6GB usage of the 8GB on my 2070 Super, but task manager/Windows reports over 7GB usage to the point the game froze once lol. This VRAM usage warning happens at both 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 when using the Ultra settings. I have FSR enabled on Ultra as well and DXR options on too.

With HD textured disabled however game is perfect and uses up to 6GB of VRAM. Looks nice too with those extra options enabled and I am getting 60fps

Gameplay an hour in so far is nice too, I like that collecting stuff is simpler than Farcry 5, just walk over it. Simple.

I think this has highlighted the need for a GFX card with at least 10GB VRAM though going forwards.

Soldato
I need to have a fiddle with the graphics settings tomorrow, just did the first hour of the game and its made me feel sick, like motion sickness. I've had this before on some titles and its always been something in the graphics settings thats caused it. I'll give it a look tomorrow and try some different settings.

It forces chromocratic aberration which always gives me a headache. Thankfully it's not over the top.

Another possibility which I know effects some people is crosshair wobble and head wobble, both of which can be disabled. Maybe that'll help.

I too have just done the first hour, got to the workbench, so far, so good. However, it's a bit blurry... Can't work out how to make it crisp, I've got everything to max and tried a few alternative options. As for gameplay, it's certainly slower paced and more refined than the previous, I'm hooked for sure! Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and smash through some of the content.

I think this has highlighted the need for a GFX card with at least 10GB VRAM though going forwards.

I'm running a 3090 at 3840x1600, with the HD texture pack, I for sure can see high vram usage compared to other titles.

Soldato
To disable that VRAM warning popup go to Ubisoft Connect > 3 white lines at the top left > click "Settings" then "General" then untick "enable in game overlay".

Let the game sync the saves, then restart and it's gone.

Back
Top Bottom