Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Associate
Geometry quality seems to be the killer for me, ultra to high setting is giving me an additional 20+ FPS in the open world areas.

I'm on a bit of a weirder setup at the moment, a 240hz 1080p monitor but with a 2080ti and 5930k@ 4.4, from what I can tell I'm extremely CPU limited, running this at native 1080p or with the resolution scale all the way to 4k is giving me the same performance.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me how I can rid my PC of this pop up. Clicking cancel usually means the games will load just fine but not all.
Obviously this is Halo but it happens on most other games it seems. I have Googled without success so hopefully someone here can help.
WPRvVSG.png

Soldato
Can anyone tell me how I can rid my PC of this pop up. Clicking cancel usually means the games will load just fine but not all.
Obviously this is Halo but it happens on most other games it seems. I have Googled without success so hopefully someone here can help.
WPRvVSG.png

Is your pc controlled by a network administrator? This happens when the file what is required is located on another computer.

Soldato
OK try browse to the halo install location and then you want to look inside a folder with additional files.

Sorry not at the pc right now with correct names of the folders provided by games.
Will do but I do feel this is a bigger problem than just Halo as I mentioned it happens quite often with several games. Unfortunately I do not have much installed at the moment but I can remember a couple of demos recently just would not launch because of this issue, one was Chorus if memory serves.

Soldato
Will do but I do feel this is a bigger problem than just Halo as I mentioned it happens quite often with several games. Unfortunately I do not have much installed at the moment but I can remember a couple of demos recently just would not launch because of this issue, one was Chorus if memory serves.

Do you install your games onto another drive other than C:?

Because that software from Microsoft is looking for it within C: drive you need to point it to the correct folder for the games.

Soldato
Followed this to find the folder and ProgramData is missing?
What Is the ProgramData Folder in Windows? (howtogeek.com)

Right for some reason you have lost that folder. It looks like a lot of files that games use to install the software come from these folders.

How to get that back I am not sure. You might need to create the folders yourself and put in the software its asking for vc_runtimeadditional_x86.msi 14.28.29334

You will need to download this file from Microsoft or maybe a system restore point can help.

Soldato
Found the
Right for some reason you have lost that folder. It looks like a lot of files that games use to install the software come from these folders.

How to get that back I am not sure. You might need to create the folders yourself and put in the software its asking for vc_runtimeadditional_x86.msi 14.28.29334

You will need to download this file from Microsoft or maybe a system restore point can help.
Found the folder just not where it was supposed to be.
And inside that is the packagecache but not the file it is looking for.

Associate
For a free game I think it's excellent. Reminds me of Halo 3 back in the day.

I love the training drills.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom