GCSE Results thread

Soldato
my gf just phoned me up to tell me hers:

7 A*'s
2 A's
1 B

One of the top few in the country for her RE result :D

Very proud of her I am. She wanted a's for all her sciences (normal, double and triple) and got A*'s

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
eeeshk.

i left school in 2003 and i thought my grades were good :p

im ashamed, everyone has A*'s... A's...B's

whats wrong with a C? :p

Well said :p i got 6 B's and 5 C's and im well happy. Haha.

Associate
lemonkettaz said:
eeeshk.

i left school in 2003 and i thought my grades were good :p

im ashamed, everyone has A*'s... A's...B's

whats wrong with a C? :p

lol i know i just got 3 C's at AS and was pleased until i hear everybody else is panning out like 3/4 A's

Maybe its just down to boasters! :p

Soldato
Psypher5 said:
Haha, I only got 9c's 2b's a d and an E, lol, seems like ocuk is full of young nerds or they getting easier ;) Or people actually revise now? :)

I revised for 20 mins and that was to remember how to do fractions/teach someone :eek:.

Thats why im so happy with my results :p

Permabanned
Crazy Fool said:
well done everyone - i'm shocked after reading this thread how many A* and A's there are ! :eek:

am i the only one on this forum that got kicked out of school at 15 and is as thick as **** :D

ps - i'm now 27 and work for the local CC in southampton schools - funny world :p

I'm 26 and came from a class that produced the best ever GCSE results for our school. I had A grades pouring from my ears and I finished up being in the lowest 3rd of everyone in said class.

However it has to be taken into context. My school was in a very very working class, run-down area with sillly-high unemployment figures, absolutely zero regeneration of the old mining zones. So for our school it was a huge achievement - something for them to be proud of.

Watch the national news reports about this later on and see all the middle-class white boys and girls with their mummys and daddys all banging on about A* this and college that and university this and career that.

The secondary education system is a complete sham - and the way the media focus on that very class-exclusive bragging rights of GCSE results is sickening. All the A* pupils you see on the news wouldn't have lasted minutes in my old school - because apart from learning the curriculum we learned about real life too. Which was the most useful?

It's not hard to work out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some excellent results here! I'm thinking mabye people with lower grades are being put off posting by all these high grades? We need some more realistic grades though tbh, to make all us who have already done our GCSE's feel better about them :D :p

lee87, that sounds ace, how long did all of it take :eek:. What are your plans?

Soldato
Well done on results guys, it HAS been said though by top officials (on record) mark bandings are adjusted to suit the standard of grades acheived nationwide and adjusted to give the UK better stats

Soldato
Basically, their making them easier now becuase there is so much presure put on us young'uns at GCSE times. At first I was worried then I just cooled right down and didnt even care about the results until today!

Geography: C
Art: C
Maths: C
Sci: C: C
D.T: A
ICT: A
RE: D
Eng Lang: B
Eng Lit: A

All in all im impressed with myself but as a lot of people have already said GCSE's dont matter that much - our school did badly so in the whole 2 years of my courses they never once stopped going on about the GCSE's. I learnt they dont matter much because people older than me have told me so...

Soldato
KaHn said:
They only dont matter if you have something above them, like a degree or A-lvls.

KaHn

Truthage....but they do help you get to do your A-Levels/NVQ etc which leads to a degree which leads to a job which leads you to wish your back doing your GCSEs as you realise they wern't all that bad.

Soldato
congrats everyone who did well \o/

...and remember it's not the end of the world if you didn't. Don't let your heads droop just chalk it down to experience and move on :)

I had some pretty bad results first time round - although I'd been predicted good grades I had a domestic problem right around the time of my exams and really ballsed them up as I just couldn't concentrate. I did resits and took 6 months to work and save some money then got into college a year later, and it felt like even more of an achievement then. :)

Associate
I got my laptop for doing well in my GCSE's last year :D

My friend got a Filofax Diary... I think myself lucky... that i'm not her lol :p

Back
Top Bottom