Official Crysis Demo thread

Apparently it dont have propor AA.

:mad: I'm just going to boycott games that don't have AA... it makes a massive difference - I would rather turn down everything else and have AA on than have jaggies and high res textures. A real PC game has real anti-aliasing - it makes such a difference to me that not having AA can sometimes put me off a game entirely (like GRAW 2).

edit; just noticed post below... all is good in the world again :D unless it's just blur rather than real AA... blur is even worse than jaggies

The game Has AA
Just running it now and it hardly uses any cpu power ! Heavily gpu limited.
My quad doesnt even need to ramp up in speed step, pretty sure this would run ace on a single core cpu, be interested to see some bench marks.
Pic shows cpu usage which is the highest ive seen so far in this game, normally sits a lot lower ( note still how low it is and the cpu is at at 2ghz , ramped down in speed step)

How do i get the demo to run in DX9?

Looks like its back to XP for decent performance in this :\.

Is it possible to turn DX10 off in Crysis in Vista when using DX10 cards?

Go to the vista games folder, right click the crysis icon and select dx9 mode. On my ultra though performance in dx9 mode was worse than dx10 =|

Hexxed's top tips for those wanting high quality setting and also wanna reduce "laggy mouse".

Very High Settings - Set "Post Processing" to HIGH, leave everything else on V High, gave me about 15-20 extra frames.

The laggy mouse feeling is induced by the weapon inertia setting, take the slider down to reduce it. Job done.

anyone else notice with the silencer attached it seems to take a lot more rounds to kill enemies?

The one good thing about the silencer is it suppresss the muzzle flash, if you're hiding and firing it seems to be harder for the enemies to spot you.

Last edited:
Go to the vista games folder, right click the crysis icon and select dx9 mode. On my ultra though performance in dx9 mode was worse than dx10 =|

Have you tried in XP? I really dont want to go back to XP but looks like people with 8800GTS's are lagging in Vista and then people getting 60+ fps at 1440x900 in XP on all high settings.

I'm guessing it's normal that the 64-bit .exe isn't working properly? It keeps hanging up on the title screen and sometimes even the starting movies for me.

Indeed, its comedy that people are trying to run this on stupidly high res with full details and aa :D

Yeah, well I just played through the demo at 4-7fps... :D

7800GT, e6300 @2.8ghz, 2gb ddr2 @ 800mhz.

All at high, 1680x1050. It sure is interesting trying to hit someone at that FPS. I did run it mostly on low too, to try it properly and I enjoyed it although it is so much better with graphics set high.

That's probably something to do with balancing - otherwise there'd be no point in having an un-silenced mode

Also there is the fact that in real life silencers reduce the accuracy and (to a lesser extend) the muzzle velocity of the bullet.

[EDIT] After a play around in the options, the real FPS killers are shadows and shader quality. I'm running it with everything on medium apart from shadows which is low with a very smooth framerate in beach areas. However when i get to jungle i have to turn shaders down to low to keep that framerate going.

This is all on a 7800gtx with a opty 175 ocd to 2.75 ghz and 2 gig of ram btw.41

Last edited:
Game ran HORRIBLE on very high (dx10)
FPS measured using 60 fraps benchmark:

1680x1050, no aa :/, everything application controlled, Very High
Min - 8 Max - 19 Avg - 12.217

1680x1050, no aa, everything applicaiton controlled, High
Min: 15 Max: 28 Avg: 20.433

Thats pretty poor tbh, seeing as the gfx card is the recommened and the rest of my rig is far beyond the recommended

Last edited:
sigh this game makes me sad :(

its really hard and visually amazing except my tft ruins the whole thing i wish i had my broken Trinitron CRT back with the 0.24mm dot pitch i tried crysis up to 16xQ MSAA and still everywhere jaggies.

moving through jungle is a flickering nightmare and supersampling AA doesnt even seem to want to be forced just to see how it could look in a few years :P

post processing does make it less noticeable but its still there

even tho i have a 8800 GTX i just cannot play this game without aa sadly makes me wanna cry as ive waited so damm long for it.

most A list titles dont have this problem at all as most vegetation is not moving and perfectly anti aliased.

this was on a DELL 2007WFP 1880x1050 as much as i love you crytek for pushing the boundaries i wont get the play this game to how u intended for a very long time!

unless anyone knows of a way of getting a crt dot pitch on one of the newer tv's maybe a pioneer kuro?

Same here man, i miss my CRT for the sheer non graininess.

No chance of this game looking exceptional on a lcd, and not on any current top end card.. :( well as soon as slim monitors as good as a CRT are released i am getting one of those, who know how long that might be though.

Don't silencers increase accuracy at the expense of less power?

A quick bit of research shows you are correct. Silencers reduce muzzle velocity in order to lower the bullets speed below supersonic (thus avoiding a small sonic boom following the bullet which is that screeching sound you hear in the movies). The tradeoff of this is the bullet is much less effective at penetrating objects but it will also reduce the recoil of the gun thus increasing accuracy.

Have you tried in XP? I really dont want to go back to XP but looks like people with 8800GTS's are lagging in Vista and then people getting 60+ fps at 1440x900 in XP on all high settings.

I've not got xp installed, id imagine xp dx9 would perform better though. In vista dx9 performance on high is like dx10 very high performance.

Didn't Crytek say that Crysis would take full advantage of a quad core ? 1 core for physics 1 core for textures 1 core for sound and 1 core for ai or something like that and yet it doesnt seem too :(

Back
Top Bottom