Official Crysis Demo thread

why is the crysis demo site saying 2 days and whatever hours when 'Crysis Demo' is currently downloading in my download manager (fileplanet)

Q6600 @ 3.4
8800GTX @ 660/1000
4GB PC6400

I'm getting between 8-12FPS all settings on Very Hight and 4XAA

Going to try the lastest drivers now but so far not impressed at all, it runs worse than the beta. Could SLI GTX's sort this game out, would have thought i'd spent enough money on my rigg to play this game! :eek:

lol at all the people with 8gig ram 888880000GTX TURBOS and 16 cores who are getting 10fps. ha ha

As long as my crippled grandad machine runs it in medium low res ill be happy

Oh BTW, on Vista can anyone tell me where it creates the shortcut files to the game after install? I had to manually drag the shortcuts from program files to a folder I created in the start menu called "games"

I must have deleted the original games folder and cannot remember what it used to be called!
same happend to me, In fact quite a lot of these demos dont install correctly on vista 64 cus they havent set the install prog up correctly :rolleyes:

To add to the performace issues, im getting about 18-22 fps at 1900x1200 No aa and gfx set at high. I can set them all to medium and get 30-40 but it looks no better than any other newish game, infact ep2 prob looks nicer cus it so much smoother.

Oh BTW, on Vista can anyone tell me where it creates the shortcut files to the game after install? I had to manually drag the shortcuts from program files to a folder I created in the start menu called "games"

I must have deleted the original games folder and cannot remember what it used to be called!

Game shortcuts go in the games folder in the start menu (on the right) ;)

Q6600 @ 3.4
8800GTX @ 660/1000
4GB PC6400

Going to try the lastest drivers now but so far not impressed at all, it runs worse than the beta. Could SLI GTX's sort this game out, would have thought i'd spent enough money on my rigg to play this game! :eek:

Set it to High, Very high settings are for the next gen cards.

1680x1050, all very high, no AA: ~15fps

1680x1050, all high, no AA: ~27fps

1680x1050, all medium, no AA: ~43fps

1680x1050, all low, no AA: ~80-90fps

1680x1050, no AA, settings:
Texture Q: Medium
Objects Q: High
Shadows: Low
Physics Q: Medium
Shaders Q: Medium
Volumetric Effects Q: Low
Game Effects: Q: Medium
Post Processing Q: Very High (Love this)
Particles Q: Low
Water Q: Medium

Min fps: 40, Max fps: 90

Runs very smoth with those settings and looks very nice too, would reccomend them to someone with a similar rig to me ;)

Q6600 @ 3.4
8800GTX @ 660/1000
4GB PC6400

I'm in the same boat, just finished the demo and thought i had gone back in time to farcry, not that impressed really enjoyed COD4 demo much more.

1680x1050, all very high, no AA: ~15fps

1680x1050, all high, no AA: ~27fps

1680x1050, all medium, no AA: ~43fps

1680x1050, all low, no AA: ~80-90fps

1680x1050, no AA, settings:
Texture Q: Medium
Objects Q: High
Shadows: Low
Physics Q: Medium
Shaders Q: Medium
Volumetric Effects Q: Low
Game Effects: Q: Medium
Post Processing Q: Very High (Love this)
Particles Q: Low
Water Q: Medium

Min fps: 40, Max fps: 90

Runs very smoth with those settings and looks very nice too, would reccomend them to someone with a similar rig to me ;)
Hi are those average Fps or max fps? I have pretty much the same rig as you got and am getting average 23FPs on vista 64 bit at 1680x1050, all high, no AA: can anyone plz tell this is what your getting for this res.

64 bit demo works fine to me, running nicely at high detail at 1680x1050. Really impressed with the level of detail. Can't wait for full game to come out.

Dave

I have the 64-bit version working. Make sure you have all the latest Windows Vista Updates from Microsoft, as well as the latest graphics drivers. For some reason when I installed ForceWare v169.01, I started getting freezes in the menu. I had to quickly start the game to get it to work properly.

This game is ridiculous on specs, i knew it would run almost like a slideshow even on the best cards.. and again i am right about needing a top end card next year to play this game smoothly.

Same thing always happens.. 8800 gtx is basically crap to this game, damn developers.

Back
Top Bottom