Official Crysis Demo thread

My spec:
opteron 175 running at 2.75 ghz
Geforce 7800 gtx 256MB of ram
2 gigs of ddr1 ram

My FPS on medium settings in the jungle:
<10

I tried running it on the lowest settings but it just looked like HL2 with ugly grass popping into view randomly. I think i'll set this game aside until i have a system capable of running it.

Got it, Played it, Plays fine on medium, love the dirt and blood splash on screen effect.
Just seems very hard to play "right" not enough energy to pull off some funky stealth in strangle the guy moves. Love the dual pistols though :D

The gun aim seems off, accuracy seems realy bad, or maybe it's just realistic.
I take it your suppost to be-able to catch and throw back the grenades or something, im just too slow to switch the suit modes, and whats with no shooting while in the prone posistion? Seems to shoot every now and again rather eraticly.

Im on the fence, don't know if I love it or hate it - just sorta gets a meh right now, the energy just seems to run down too fast to have some real fun.

and the specs would be
X2 4200 @ stock
2 Gig Ram
GTX and on XP

not tried the new drivers yet as it runs absolutely fine on medium.

My spec:
opteron 175 running at 2.75 ghz
Geforce 7800 gtx 256MB of ram
2 gigs of ddr1 ram

My FPS on medium settings in the jungle:
<10

I tried running it on the lowest settings but it just looked like HL2 with ugly grass popping into view randomly. I think i'll set this game aside until i have a system capable of running it.

Dont bother, the game world doesnt look exactly mind blowing.. the character models look great however. I play on med settings and it still plays kinda sluggish, im a bit disappointed tbh

Just had a quick browse through, too many pages to read it all, blimey, was on page 15 yesterday when I was last reading, now page 28?? lol

I fired it up for a quick go in the early hours.
Phew, had to go to medium settings on my GTO.
Turned Physics to high though, as I guess that's the CPU, which should be OK.

Anyway, my main question, is I have noticed people here saying they're playing at 1680x1050, yet that option doesn't even appear on my list of available resolutions. I can play at 1440x900 or 1600x1200, but 1680x1050 isn't there.

I was wondering why.

Will install the new Crysis optimized NVIDIA driver when I get a chance later, and see if that improves things.

Anyway, apart from the lower than naitive res, and the chugging, I'm loving what I've seen of the demo so far :)

V1N.

Which demo is the correct one? FP says it's 1.81GB but crysisdemo.com links to a 1.77GB file.

Grab it off Gamershell and you will have it in no time.

its the performance im disappointed in, not the game btw.. its a shame about that really
maybe they can release magical drivers to boost the framerate, or not..

Similar if not better to spec to mine, and it's fine for me, I did'nt have Fraps on though it just felt fine, but certainly does'nt look all that good up close on medium, the grass looked like it was several years behind, still the gameplay makes up for it.

Seems ok, COD4 demo looked on par IMO. UT3 was more fun, where as this isnt much fun at all. But then it is only a demo, so hopefully the game will be a bit more interesting.

sigh this game makes me sad :(

its really hard and visually amazing except my tft ruins the whole thing i wish i had my broken Trinitron CRT back with the 0.24mm dot pitch i tried crysis up to 16xQ MSAA and still everywhere jaggies.

moving through jungle is a flickering nightmare and supersampling AA doesnt even seem to want to be forced just to see how it could look in a few years :P

post processing does make it less noticeable but its still there

even tho i have a 8800 GTX i just cannot play this game without aa sadly makes me wanna cry as ive waited so damm long for it.

most A list titles dont have this problem at all as most vegetation is not moving and perfectly anti aliased.

this was on a DELL 2007WFP 1880x1050 as much as i love you crytek for pushing the boundaries i wont get the play this game to how u intended for a very long time!

unless anyone knows of a way of getting a crt dot pitch on one of the newer tv's maybe a pioneer kuro?

Its never supported AA apparently, but then again it worked for me on my 2900.

In XP seems like performance actually is good :o, just spoke to a guy and apparently he's playing it all on high settings at 1440x900 with an 8800GTS 640 with 70+ fps, so looking good for people intending on getting 8800GT's.

Last edited:
I just realized the 'Crysis' nvidia drivers (169.01) has killed my overclocks and can't be tuned in rivatuner... that sucks! They've gone back to default clocks and stayed at 'N/A'.

And why is it there is mouselag but absolutely no lag with the 360 controller? They've even put in rumble with it, it's like they put more effort into the controller than the mouse input :/

Back
Top Bottom