***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Well, i've got my proof :D so valve can go suck eggs.

Nov 22 You achieved Left 4 Dead 2: STACHE WHACKER, MIDNIGHT RIDER, THE REAL DEAL, GONG SHOW, TANK BURGER, HEAD HONCHO, CLUB DEAD, FUEL CRISIS, VIOLENCE IN SILENCE, QUALIFIED RIDE, BACK IN THE SADDLE, RODE HARD, PUT AWAY WET, SPIT HAPPENS, MEAT TENDERIZER, LONG DISTANCE CARRIER, HUNTING PARTY, CACHE AND CARRY, SCAVENGER HUNT.

Nov 21 You achieved Left 4 Dead 2: GUARDIN' GNOME, SCATTERING RAM, WEATHERMAN, SOB STORY.

Nov 21 You achieved Left 4 Dead 2: SEPTIC TANK, MIDNIGHT RIDER, GUARDIN' GNOME.

Nov 20 You achieved Left 4 Dead 2: BRIDGE BURNER, HUNTING PARTY, CACHE AND CARRY, SCAVENGER HUNT, CRASS MENAGERIE, WING AND A PRAYER.

Nov 19 You achieved Left 4 Dead 2: CL0WND, BURNING SENSATION, ARMORY OF ONE, MEAT TENDERIZER, FRIED PIPER, RODE HARD, PUT AWAY WET, VIOLENCE IN SILENCE, DISMEMBERMENT PLAN.

Nov 18 You achieved Left 4 Dead 2: QUALIFIED RIDE.

Nov 18 You achieved Left 4 Dead 2: ACID REFLEX, BACK IN THE SADDLE, SPIT HAPPENS, A RIDE DENIED, QUALIFIED RIDE.

Soldato
*sneaks in and pretends i've always been here*

Howdy. The Steam Forum is always good for a laugh. I mean seriously, people know the achievement and stat system is screwy atm yet they seem to go and do the Gnome achievement over and over again just so they have something to whine about. And why complain about losing Expert Campaign completions if you don't enjoy them in the first place. If you do you'll get it again, if you don't, cheat and stop complaining ><

If i'm free i'd be up for Expert too.

Welcome evil! Your first post in a legendary game thread! Well done!

Check out the Left for Dead steam names thread, add some of us to your list. I would recommend anyone with high post counts on this thread, or the original Left for Dead thread would be a good place to start.

Also join the community through steam, a good way to find everyone else!

TBH, all this achievement BS happened in LFD and still partly goes on to this day. I know Hippos has problems with the Expert campaign completion ones wiping themselves out.

Personally I don't really care too much as long as I know I've done it, I'm not scared. The proof of a player is in their skill in game and how they play, rather than what Steam tells the profile viewer, which is more accurately based on how long someone has played the game.

In my experience Quality > Quantity :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
lies you just typed that :p

steamfq.png

Soldato
Lies Tefal, you photoshopped it.

Thanks Knubje. I know i had problems with Expert achievements on L4D too. I must've gained What Are You Trying To Prove? at least 4 times. Though considering i enjoyed playing Expert (and doing so with pubs wasn't that hard either) i never found it as a problem. Its nice to have the achievement after you've done it but at the end of the day i KNOW i've done it and nobody checks achievements anyway.

Soldato
Had my first versus on parish last night. Found it tough not knowing the level particularly well. Especially as infected as finding walls to climb and good ambush spots was hard.

We got our butts kicked. The Spitter is lethal if used correctly, perhaps overpowered? Don't know what others think. But health can drop from 80+ to incap alarmingly quickly.

Had my first versus on parish last night. Found it tough not knowing the level particularly well. Especially as infected as finding walls to climb and good ambush spots was hard.

We got our butts kicked. The Spitter is lethal if used correctly, perhaps overpowered? Don't know what others think. But health can drop from 80+ to incap alarmingly quickly.

The whole point of the spitter is to make you move from a camping spot, if she did less damage what would be your incentive to move? I don't think that she is overpowered for this reason, those who complain that she is just need to change their ingame tactics, that's all.

Not aimed at you Egon, but anyone who now wants valve to ruin this game by nerfing the infected in the same way that they did the first one should just go back to the first one.

And while we're on the subject of nerfing, does the range of the boomer/hunter pounce seem nerfed to anyone else since the first game?

Caporegime
The whole point of the spitter is to make you move from a camping spot, if she did less damage what would be your incentive to move? I don't think that she is overpowered for this reason, those who complain that she is just need to change their ingame tactics, that's all.

Although if you are knocked out of the way by a charging charger and get spat on it;s roughly 50dmg before you can move.

Not complaining though, I love the new infected makes so many old strategies void :D

Soldato

The problem with the spitter is if you can't get the players stuck on it it causes next to nothing but if you can it causes way too much. The ideal thing to do is never get too close together so Spitter goo only hits 1 person. I honestly don't think you could balance it any better than it already is. It can all too easily cause no damage at all and it REALLY punishes people for camping.

Associate
Hard rain is probably my favourite co-op level so far. Especially when the storms hit. They're intense and a great sense of atmosphere. I love this game as much if not more than the original. Brilliantly executed.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hard Rain was great last night.

I even had a water sprayer to hand and sprayed myself during the stormy bits to add effect.

Ok I did not do the latter but it's a nice idea!

Soldato
A quick guide on how to get Ventrilo working, setup and ready to use for OcUK server, for dummies:

1) Download the Ventrilo client from here:

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

2) Run the same old next, next finish routine.

3) Start Vent and click the Arrow by Username box, type in what you're name.

4) Click the Arrow by Server button, select NEW, type a name and fill in connection info, details below:

vent_main_setup.jpg

v27.darkstarllc.com

5) Ok that and click "Connect"

6) You then need to setup your Mic + Sound, my config looks like this:

vent_secondary_setup.jpg

Notice that I have top three boxes ticked. Enable voice, push to talk and direct input for hotkey. Make sure every other box is ticked or un-ticked as I have it.

Notice below that you have a hotkey box in which you click and press the button you wish to speak with (I use my mouse thumb button, recommended!)

The other settings on the right are mainly to do with your sound input/output. You may need to change the settings with the combo box to hear/speak depending on your system.

7) Ventrilo has some annoying default settings, mainly sounds and unwanted bleeps and notifications. Here is a pic of my setup, which basically removes all sounds other than hearing who has connected/disconnected from Vent:

vent_extras_setup.jpg

8) If you followed thisguide you should now be able to click OK and join a room and chat to some peoples!

Good game and hopefully see you there :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hard Rain was great last night.

I even had a water sprayer to hand and sprayed myself during the stormy bits to add effect.

Ok I did not do the latter but it's a nice idea!

Either throw open your window during a gale or turn a Fan up full speed and occasionally spray water at it.

Thats the way real men play Hard Rain Realism!

Soldato
I'll have to come play some Ocuk games soon :D before now ive always played with the same set people but i get so bored when there not about :( plus none of them like survival mode which i like to play occasionally

Associate

The spitter is great when you are playing as it... haha. You soon learn that the spit is very easy to avoid just by standing on the various bits and bobs just to get you off the floor (tables, chairs, stair rails etc etc).

Its cool down is pretty brutal though... you can often get in a 2nd spit before they have chance to up a downed team member, it can feel relentless at times. But in a good way.

Sorry for dropping out last night, was really enjoying our asspaddling, but steam decided to have a hissy fit and not let me stay up late and play :(

Soldato
Expert?

I'm desperate for a run-through on expert with a decent team that doesn't run off or decide to change the difficulty mid-game.

I'll be around and sat in a lobby tonight from 5pm. Anyone game? :)

(I am NOT a Kitten)

Back
Top Bottom