***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Caporegime
Not so sure. In L4D1, as a hunter, it sort of seems if there's a bit of roof that you logically feel you should be able to jump upto/onto, you can.

In L4D2, quite often there's invisible walls you jump/walk into.

Have you been playing vanilla on official servers or the promap versions that run on most 3rd party servers?

Vanilla has lots of obvious places blocked.

Just look at CC for an obvious example.

So whats the OCUK sv_steamgroup number then? Or is it a closely guarded secret? I've got a server I'm trying to test out.

Closely guarded secret...

:p

Seriously email me in trust and I'll talk to you about server setup etc if you want to have your server set up as an ocuk server. If your a server admin for ocuk though there are certain rules, such as no kicking people from your server just because you want to play on it and becasue changing group numbers is impossible once given out we can't just give it to anyone. (This reason is why Insanity Versus for l4d1 never became an ocuk server ;) )

Soldato
Probably going to sound like a troll here but....

I never really saw the appeal of "omg 25 dmg pounces pwn" beyond the general benefit of getting more familiar with how far the Hunter pounces go at different heights. People seem to make such a big deal out of getting that perfect pounce that often - it seems - they will forgo attacking the survivors at all unless they can get them with a big pounce.

I remember a few times playing L4D when people playing Hunters would stay outside and basically just wait for however long it took the survivors to come outside to try and get the magical 25 dmg (often being killed almost immediately after), when there could've been a number of times they could get a slash in here, or even kill one person outright who didn't go down the hole in the floor at the same time as everyone else.

Imo there is a little too much attention paid to pouncing and not enough to other valuable techniques - like getting quick slashes on people with they have a horde on them, etc.

*shrug*

Man of Honour
Closely guarded secret...

:p

Seriously email me in trust and I'll talk to you about server setup etc if you want to have your server set up as an ocuk server. If your a server admin for ocuk though there are certain rules, such as no kicking people from your server just because you want to play on it and becasue changing group numbers is impossible once given out we can't just give it to anyone. (This reason is why Insanity Versus for l4d1 never became an ocuk server ;) )

Yup. I know a few people that decided to keep their server separate...which is absolutely fine - it's your server at the end of the day so if you don't want to be 'limited' by our rules on the steam group then you shouldn't feel any pressure to include it in the group servers :)

Soldato
Ah right... well I'll leave it seperate for the time being, not sure how well it performs or anything yet and don't want to tarnish the OCUK group image or anything. :)

Associate
I got the impression the boomer had a longer range. Then again everything about playing the new infected has been positive for me. The variation makes it even more fun than the last game.

Soldato
I lost myself in that crop field for a good 5 minutes at one point. :eek:

That's the only section in the whole of the 2 L4D games where you can walk pretty much side by side with the survivors as the boomer and they never see you. It's so easy you can get a complete team boom in, recharge and go in again.

I can imagine if you did that and got the hordes that you got in L4D1. It would be game over for the survivors providing the other 3 SI did their thing.

Caporegime
I remember a few times playing L4D when people playing Hunters would stay outside and basically just wait for however long it took the survivors to come outside to try and get the magical 25 dmg

often thats because a good team will very quickly rush outside once the hunters are dead so they can't get pounced for high damage in an easy spot while they are re spawning.

or even kill one person outright who didn't go down the hole in the floor at the same time as everyone else.

that however is silly, picking of one at a drop is much better than a pounce.

Imo there is a little too much attention paid to pouncing and not enough to other valuable techniques - like getting quick slashes on people with they have a horde on them, etc.

*shrug*

Valve did massively nerf the hunter slashes though.

but if you play insanity vS where they are almost back to where they started you will see people using hunter swipes very very often.

Soldato

Indeed... i am guilty as charged sometimes though tbh. The desire for a lovely 25 pounce over-riding taking part in an attack where you could've done far more... especially when you then miss the pounce :D

@Rob, it is possible to walk side by side with the Boomer and not see him yes, but the chances of not been killed by spam shooting in that cornfield is pretty slim... after all he is fat and loud with very little hp. You still need distractions to get in close since theres not really anywhere to spawn (i think...).

Associate
Im gonna back up Knubj3 here

Vent is the way forward, admittedly the in game chat is good but it must be 10 times clearer and doesnt seem to have any lag like the in game can sometimes have.

Anyways everyone install Ventrillo

Associate
Defibs have no place in versus, full stop. Frankly i think they should never spawn outside of Coop mode. You work your ass off as infected to get a kill only to have it all wasted by a defib. It not only brings the player back from the dead but revives him with 50 permanent health and 2 incaps left again? Who the hell thought it would be balanced in Versus?

Survivor in l4d2 in versus is far tougher than l4d1 , they added the defib for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom