***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Hard Rain was great last night.

I even had a water sprayer to hand and sprayed myself during the stormy bits to add effect.

Ok I did not do the latter but it's a nice idea!

Great idea! (I just might try it out myself tonight - ok, maybe not) :D

Best bit about Hard Rain is the disorientation you feel when playing it. So much so that when the downpour hits I just tend to stop moving until it's over. I lost myself in that crop field for a good 5 minutes at one point. :eek:

Associate
While we're on the subject of nerfing, does the range of the boomer/hunter pounce seem nerfed to anyone else since the first game?

I'd have to agree, the range and spread of the boomer is now much reduced (your lucky if you can hit 1 or 2 people before getting shot).

As for the hunter, it seems more speedy now, but I'm finding myself landing short of targets when they would be in range in L4D

Caporegime
And while we're on the subject of nerfing, does the range of the boomer/hunter pounce seem nerfed to anyone else since the first game?

Boomer range seems reduced. but the hunter has been significantly buffed, gets more damage for shorter pounces and has a greater knockback effect on survivor

Soldato
Boomer range seems reduced. but the hunter has been significantly buffed, gets more damage for shorter pounces and has a greater knockback effect on survivor

There seems to be less roof space for the hunter to hop around...? Often there are invisible walls preventing you from getting to the simplest of areas.

Caporegime
There seems to be less roof space for the hunter to hop around...? Often there are invisible walls preventing you from getting to the simplest of areas.

it was like that in the first game too.

hence why most servers (and all the ocuk ones) run various versions of promaps.

Soldato

Really? I was under the impression the Hunter got nerfed. The higher end of his pounces seems harder to reach and the distance you can jump also seems shorter. It could just be the feel of the game combined with not playing the Hunter anywhere near as much as before though.

That and the fact Valve seem to refuse to spend there time actually making Versus maps playable for Hunters (and other SI that would like Rooftops seomtimes). I'm looking forward to Promaps...

Defibs have no place in versus, full stop. Frankly i think they should never spawn outside of Coop mode. You work your ass off as infected to get a kill only to have it all wasted by a defib. It not only brings the player back from the dead but revives him with 50 permanent health and 2 incaps left again? Who the hell thought it would be balanced in Versus?
Reading the Steam forum the usual arguement is 'zomg it replaces a kit' (the same with Fire ammo being so overpowered vs the Tank and the Explosive ammo rendering the Witch, along with all SI bar Tank, useless). If you USED that kit you didn't lose ANYTHING and gained a hugely overpowered item. They're just uncessary gimmicks, as is the Nade Launcher that really needs a huge increase in FF damage and a reduction in ammo for Versus to stop you being able to launch it at allies randomly like you use to do Molotovs in vanilla L4D.

/rant

Soldato
it was like that in the first game too.

hence why most servers (and all the ocuk ones) run various versions of promaps.

Not so sure. In L4D1, as a hunter, it sort of seems if there's a bit of roof that you logically feel you should be able to jump upto/onto, you can.

In L4D2, quite often there's invisible walls you jump/walk into.

Back
Top Bottom