Road to the BNBF Welsh Qualifiers 2011 - Progess Journal

Soldato
I'll be there. Shall see who else I can drag along for some support for you.

I could quite happily go downstairs and eat the kitchen cupboard bare. So easy to let oneself go!

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers mate, really appreciate you wanting to show some support :)

I can't be held responsible for you never being able to take me seriously again though once you've seen me caked in fake tan and a thong

Soldato
a lot more to it than thongs and fake tan which only a minority appreciate unfortunatley. Most people see the thongs and tan and then :eek:

Man of Honour
OP
Uh oh

Just done an awesome legs day, but on my last set of squats doing 130, I really struggled on my last rep, held it at the bottom for a bit then powered up and felt something in my lower back

Was fine after a few seconds, but once I got out the gym and walking home, it's really starting to stiffen up. Really hope it goes by Thursday, luckily tomorrow is my day off

Soldato
A bath followed by some gentle stretching probaly won't go a miss. Then lye very still until your next session :p

Felt a muscle on the lower rhombs strain last night on my back session. Actually on the inside of the muscle nearer the spine. Been getting on my **** all day cracking left right and center and the occasionaly twinge/light pain. Shoulders tonight and then a rest day. Nothing major but it's good to take note and keep your senses peeled.

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers for that Benny! A bath did just the trick, definitely feels worked but not overdone now :)

My knees on the other hand, fuuuuuuuuuuu

Getting in and out of my car was a right task earlier

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Is it June 12th - Southern - Bognor Regis?

Can anyone chuck me details about how to get tickets or whatever I need to do to get ther, would be great to come along and support you.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks mate, really appreciate you wanting to come

i think tickets go on general sale through the BNBF website nearer the show

At the moment it is Southern or Central. I originally committed to the Southern but appreciate that by March I may decide that extra month I'd get doing the Central could be beneficial

I'll be sure to post up all details for tickets and stuff as soon as I know

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Nice one and good luck again.

I'll keep an eye on the BNBF site but if you could post as soon as you know which one you are going for that would be great. :)

Man of Honour
OP
A couple of pics, I feel this thread needs at least some. Lighting in my room is rubbish, it shows no definition at all, granted there isn't much at the moment with my BF% being 20+ but it would be nice to give you a better idea. If anything it's motivated me to get some proper shots

This photo looked really nice in the mirror, triceps coming through really well, in the photo naff all :( but my chest is coming along nicely

Leg shot, now the camera isn't hiding any definition here, unfortunately having hairy legs and a high bf is, but you can see the shape there :p

Chest.jpg

Leg.jpg

p.s the tash is just for movember :p

EDIT - One for the gurlz to show I do curlz

Curlzgurlz.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Well I'm just going to keep packing on and packing on until March. He's said 12-16 weeks max for the cut depending on how much blubber I've put on

I'm expecting to be about 25% bodyfat. I know it's not something everyone agrees with, but seeing as this is a one off and I'm never going to do the whole bulking thing again, I'm doing it properly... :p

Eating lots of calories, good calories, I'm definitely not just eating anything to make up the calories, it's all big clean meals. But I'm hoping to get to be no more than 110kg before I start to cut (another 15kg), so how much of that will be lean mass I don't know. Obviously I need to get to around 71kg or below by comp date

In a way I'm quite excited as it's going to be like slowly unwrapping a present, seeing what's underneath this fat :p

About the lighting, tell me about it. Without sounding like I'm making excuses, those aren't really doing me justice at the moment, I will ask Rob to take some next week, even if it's only a quick few poses at the end. The lighting in their changing rooms is very good and ideal for showing off definition

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Monday 22nd November - Shoulders/Traps
Workout consisted of Sets Weight (if DB, weight of each DB) 10-20 second rest in between sets
Seated DB Shoulder Press 5x8 (22kg, 22kg, 24kg, 26kg, 26kg)
Seated Side Raises 3x12 (8kg, 8kg, 10kg)
Lying Rear Delt Raise 3x12 (8kg, 8kg, 8kg)
Seated Barbell Press Behind Head 3x12 (45kg, 45kg, 50kg)
Front Raises with Bar 4x6 (17.5kg, 17.5kg, 20kg, 20kg)
DB Shrugs 4x15 (30kg, 30kg, 30kg, 30kg)

Tuesday 23rd November - Legs
Workout consisted of Sets Weight (if DB, weight of each DB) 10-20 second rest in between sets
10 minutes on the bike
Squats Pyramid 10, 8, 6, 6, 4, 2 (90kg, 100kg, 110kg, 120kg, 130kg, 130kg)
Leg Press 3 x 8 (200kg, 200kg, 200kg)
Hamstring Curls 3x15 (50kg, 60kg, 60kg)
Walking Lunges 3x12 (17.5kg, 17.5kg, 17.5kg)
Seated Calf Raises 3x20 (150kg, 160kg, 160kg)

Thursday 25th November - Chest/Tris
Incline DB Press 5x10 (24kg, 24kg, 26kg, 28kg, 30kg)
Pause Press Flat 3x8 (70kg, 70kg, 70kg)
Bench Press Flat 2x10 (70kg, 70kg)
Pec Deck 3x8 (50kg, 50kg, 50kg)
Chest Press 3x8 (50kg, 60kg, 30kg (until failure))
Cable Pushdowns 5x10 (25kg, 25kg, 30kg, 32.5kg, 30kg)
Dips 2x6 (BW, BW)
Skullcrushers 2x10 (25kg, 25kg)

Friday 26th November - Back/Bis
5 minute bike
Lat Pulldowns 4x8 (60kg, 60kg, 65kg, 70kg, 65kg) Superset
Wide Grip Chins (4x8) Superset
Deadlifts 5x5 (100kg, 100kg, 100kg, 100kg, 100kg)
Bent Overrows Overhand grip 2x8 (50kg, 50kg)
T Bar Rows 4x8 (60kg, 70kg, 70kg, 70kg)
Incline Curls 3x15 (8kg, 8kg, 8kg)
Alternate Incline Curls (resting arms stays tensed) 2x10 each arm (8kg, 8kg)
Bar Curls 1x7 1x14 (7 mid reps) (BW, BW)

Eventful week this week, thought I'd caused an injury on legs day. Lower back was in agony for ages, then when that cleared up my knees were so sore. But next day was fine

As well as that, sorry to bring off topicness in here but it's still related to my personal progress I guess. My girlfriend, who I got back with a few weeks ago decided to end it again this week. Everything looked so promising again and everything was so nice, then without any sign she ended it again, and the manner in which she did it really hurt me. She said the time since we got back together has all been a front, and it's been over for weeks.
Then everything was turned on me and she basically ridiculed my life and my life's direction, I've never seen her like that before and never knew she was capable of such hurtful words
I was a mess and although I've managed to get through this week in the gym without too much impact on my lifting, the energy just wasn't there and I just felt like I was just going through the motions rather than enjoying it like I usually do

I'm trying to turn her words into motivation and encouragement, but right now I just feel hurt, and completely devastated at the things she said to me. I think the worst thing has been eating, I've completely lost my appetite, but I'm forcing my food in, eating the same amount I normally would when I just don't feel hungry, wretching with a mouth full of food and trying to swallow something that doesn't want to go down isn't nice

I need to sort my head out as I'm training with Rob for 2 weeks from Monday, and he's not going to let me slack off I know

Sorry for the un-gym related discussion guys, just would rather vent here than GD as this is where my favourite forum members are

Soldato
Women can be heartless sometimes.

Use her words as anger/motivation if you can but don't rely on them as it's not good and will only make things harder in the long run.

Times a healer mate and if she was that much of a **** to do that to you then you're better off without her mate.

'Squat it out' ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers mate

Yeah I know, I think the way she was will help me move on quicker, but I'm still gutted. I honestly thought it was going to work this time

Squat it out indeed :D "Lower faggot!"

Back
Top Bottom