****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Nearly a week now of usage..this phone is amazing, it is just super fast...installing apps is instant...browsing the net is super fast.....it's just light years ahead of the Desire it replaced. Havent had this jump for ages (various XDAs/Xperia X1 -> Hero -> Desire -> SGS2..it just runs rings around any phone out there

Oustanding questions (anyone know?)

A) Why do some apps not recognise my MicroSD card? They see the "USB" storage (i.e. the 11gb or so of the 16gb in the phone) as external storage (e.g. Spotify). Even Moving to SD seems to move it to the 11gb and not the microsd card?
B) How do I stop the phone vibrating alert when the battery is full?
C) Is Swype included with the phone? Is there an alternative to XT9 (i liked HTC's predictive style for example, not sure about XT9, especially as predictive text shows up and hides, the window changes size)

Hi all,

It is with great interest i've read all 92 pages of this thread (some more than once!), and i'm now ready to buy the Galaxy S2!

I'm looking to go for the £30 T-Mobile 18 month contract (600 mins, 500 texts, "unlimited internet") from BuyMobilePhones.net, but being the complete nerd I am, I have to read every article ever regarding the purchase and I have concerns on the data speed cap that everyone seems to be talking about, the one when you buy a T-Mobile contract from a third party.

So my question is, has anyone had their Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile from BuyMobiles yet, and does the data speed appear to be capped?

I have spoken to BuyMobiles and T-Mobile and both deny there are any speed caps, but I have read far too many stories saying there are caps in place and that you need to pay extra to get the best speeds!

Also, if someone has had their Galaxy S2 from BuyMobiles, can they tell me what branding is on the phone?

Thanks,

Mark

My online o2 order from the 2nd is still showing complete but when I click on tracking the number it isn't found. O2 customer services were able to track the number and said it went out for delivery yesterday. I wasn't in yesterday, but there's no note from the courier of attempted delivery or any emails confirming my order. After further investigation it hasn't been scanned at any depot. Looks like it's gone walkabout :(

A) Why do some apps not recognise my MicroSD card? They see the "USB" storage (i.e. the 11gb or so of the 16gb in the phone) as external storage (e.g. Spotify). Even Moving to SD seems to move it to the 11gb and not the microsd card?
B) How do I stop the phone vibrating alert when the battery is full?
C) Is Swype included with the phone? Is there an alternative to XT9 (i liked HTC's predictive style for example, not sure about XT9, especially as predictive text shows up and hides, the window changes size)

A) No Idea
B) I'd also like to know this, it's woken me up last 2 nights :mad:
C) Yes Swype comes with the phone and can be enabled in the "Language and Keyboard" section of the settings.

Hi all,

It is with great interest i've read all 92 pages of this thread (some more than once!), and i'm now ready to buy the Galaxy S2!

I'm looking to go for the £30 T-Mobile 18 month contract (600 mins, 500 texts, "unlimited internet") from BuyMobilePhones.net, but being the complete nerd I am, I have to read every article ever regarding the purchase and I have concerns on the data speed cap that everyone seems to be talking about, the one when you buy a T-Mobile contract from a third party.

So my question is, has anyone had their Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile from BuyMobiles yet, and does the data speed appear to be capped?

I have spoken to BuyMobiles and T-Mobile and both deny there are any speed caps, but I have read far too many stories saying there are caps in place and that you need to pay extra to get the best speeds!

Also, if someone has had their Galaxy S2 from BuyMobiles, can they tell me what branding is on the phone?

Thanks,

Mark

The official line (I discussed at length with T-m) is that there is no longer a 3gb limit, and it is now 500mb. When you go over, your connection is apparently severely limited for a portion of the day. I ended up leaving T-M on my main line as I was annoyed that voicemail cost, plus they couldnt keep me on WnW Plus on the new contract.

The official line (I discussed at length with T-m) is that there is no longer a 3gb limit, and it is now 500mb. When you go over, your connection is apparently severely limited for a portion of the day. I ended up leaving T-M on my main line as I was annoyed that voicemail cost, plus they couldnt keep me on WnW Plus on the new contract.

Cheers for the info Rafster, sounds like I have had the same conversation with T-Mob! Did they tell you the limit they impose between the hours of 4pm and 12pm, and that it would only affect streaming and downloading?

The 500mb limit is across all networks so I dont have too much of an issue with that (other than im still on an O2 unlimited data plan), and yes the voicemail charging is an pain!

Why do mobile contracts have to be such a ball ache! :confused:

To those having the 'unable to track' error, according to a guy over at XDA:

nutley said:
Chatted with an O2 rep just now and the SGSII is out of stock currently and due back in tomorrow. Once the phone is shipped i should then be able to track it.

Current main screen, not sure where I got the idea for it really... (:eek: :p :D)

img6106s.jpg

ok my last post on nothing constructive about this phone just my delivery.

Been on the phone to yodel/DHL yesterday and today. I even went to the depot last night as they would never phone me back. They could not find my phone yesterday so I was given the home delivery guys number. Phoned him today and he went looking for it.

Phoned me back 4 hours later to say its definitely lost. So I have not had my phone for over a week and now I have no idea when it will arrive, I phoned O2 and they are going to try and send me out a new one but they can't do that until DHL admit it's lost, But DHL aint answering the phone to O2.

DHL have been really shoddy on this, told me they would phone me back 5 times and only once did they bother. That's one of the things that has annoyed me the most.

Anyway just had to rant. Think of me when you are all having fun :(

How was that done ???

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19058415&postcount=2728

:p

Robbo how does it compare to the iphone4?

Overall? Very well.

The only two things I'd say are firmly in favour of the iPhone are its premium feel (though that is subjective) and obviously the app store is quite a lot better than the one on Android (despite what people might say).

This phone is top dog for the time being at least, absolutely no question. Its a monster.

Back
Top Bottom