****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

I use a screen protector personally i know this has gorilla glass but i seen loads of threads on different forums where people have got scratches on there screens with gorilla glass.

Need a new phone fairly soon.

Is it worth going for this or waiting for the HTC Sensation?

The only thing I can see from my limited reading is that its got a better camera.

This definitely seems like the better phone spec wise, HTC Sense will be missed though (coming from a Desire)

Still not sure about screen protectors, I agree its a crime to put something in front of these lovely screens but 1 scratch and its all over for me! (Had wire cutters in my pocket by accident once before, didn't end well)

These are my home screens in order

What's the calendar widget? Looks nice!

My homescreen will look exactly the same as the Desire, it's too good to not migrate over :p

sgs2_home.png

It's the only way to wow people on the advantages of an AMOLED display :D

Snowstorm weather widget with minimalist text widget for battery details with custom colours. Using the Sketchy skin.

That's about it lol, it's simple like I said, but functional :p

I'll have to work around the battery % display in the bar as the stock SGS ROM doesn't have that, I'll await the ROM kitchen to update I guess.

Me likey breadsticks! Having lots of fun with this having come from a 3GS.

To keep the earlier request going forward:-

Ordered from o2 Bank Hol Mon (2nd) on PAYG
Arrived Wed (4th)
Locked to o2
Minimal branding with boot screen and shutdown.
£399 delivered compared to Expansys of £529.

Twice in a row now I've come back from work to find more than 70% charge remaining. I use it relatively lightly at work but still enough for this to impress me. Its better than my old blackberry. With very light use I could see it lasting three days.

Twice in a row now I've come back from work to find more than 70% charge remaining. I use it relatively lightly at work but still enough for this to impress me. Its better than my old blackberry. With very light use I could see it lasting three days.

*fap fap fap fap*

My colleague reserved one at an online store and its ready for pickup but he doesnt want it for 1-2 weeks... whereas ive ordered one and it will be due in the next stock in mid-may. Going to work on him today to see if I can have his, then he can have mine when it arrives. Hope he says yes... i'll offer him a gummy incentive or something. :D

Just to excite you more richdog, i forgot to mention this is with Wifi and GPS left on all day. I played around with it loads in the evening and even used sportypal (tracks GPS) for a run followed by one quick stint of Angry birds and used it to play music while i cooked dinner, it had 40% remaining at 11pm.

Playing with this phone drains it quite substantially, but when it's sat there ticking away with GPS and Wifi on it barely makes a dent in the battery.

Last edited:
Did anyone who has the phone order from mobiles.co.uk? I'm probably going to order my Orange upgrade from them and just wondered what peoples experience was like. In saying that, I may try Phones4U as I seen someone on this thread get a good deal from then on an Orange upgrade.

Also, be interested in peoples opinions of the phones performance after they have owned it for a week or two. When the SGS first came out, it took a few days for people to start mentioning about slow down and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom