Tabletop Warhammer?

I have a St Celestine, Canoness, 2 Sqauds of Sisters, a Squad of Seraphim + a squad of swooping hawks to rob the wings from, and a pair of Immolators all sitting unpainted in a box.

looks like there may be some issues with the new finecast stuff. weyland games have returned their stock due to unacceptable failure rates, link

I've only got one finecast model myself so far & that was just the dark angel captain. Was covered in flash, but no moding errors etc.

On the plus side for me, got myself some necropolis knights & a war sphinx to add to my tomb kings army. About to go on a mad undercoating session tonight & tomorrow so I can get to painting it all up

I had minor issues with my Heamonculi, few holes, but green stuffed them up. My wracks had a sprue massively mis-aligned, had to return, bit miffed that I had to wait until the Saturday to change them, I received them 4 days before release.

Just took delivery of Gideon Lorr. He will be converted just like my Witch Hunter Acolyte and used as my Empire General. :D

My first necron warrior :D

Picture005.jpg

I touched it up a bit afterwards but thats my general colour scheme.

I didn't know Marco Simoncelli played Warhammer :p

I used to a very long time ago, but got bored of it when I discovered other stuff, primarily alcohol and PC games

First two models I've painted since I was about 16........!
IMG_0188.jpg

Awful models, crap moulds and lack of interesting detail.

And here's a Marine Commander I've just started:
IMG_0202.jpg

Still lots to do and haven't got on to applying a wash yet, but happy with progress thus far. Not too sure how I'm going to tackle the shading on the cloak though!

Got back into this in the spring but am currently struggling to find the time to paint. (Got back into it as I had an urge to go and sit on the balcony at Bugman's Bar.)

Think I'm yet to complete the painting of a single model. Hopefully when the full time job / Open Uni / House Renovation stuff slows down I'll be able to get into it again.

Nothing more relaxing than a quick bit of model painting.

thanks :) pretty much spent a week painting them so far. Its the first painting I've done for years, so its taking me a lot longer than it used too. Really enjoying it though, glad I decided to start again

I am currently sorting my Empire out, got the big box + some crazy flaggelants. Also bought 3 heroes, Gideon Lorr (converted and being used as a captain), With hunters Acolyte (converted as Wizard) and an Avatars of War Warrior Priest.

Going for dull muted greens and browns, with VERY shiney silver metals, reminiscent of the witch-hunter periods of the past, also akin to Van Helsing.

Here are some pics of my Wizard. All the models are going to have nice snow bases, but not too much snow on there.

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Looks good man :)

Started a Marine Biker. Decided I didn't want the bike itself to be blue like the marine's armour, so given it a more "civilian" feel by doing it silver/grey. I've yet to do any highlighting on the bike, and the wheels need painting yet!

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

I've only got the starter paints at the moment. Started by doing the exhausts a mix of burnished gold and brown, but it came out orange, so tried chainmail silver and brown instead, which I think makes it look a bit better. More like a dirty stainless steel texture.......?!

P.S Jaffa, what material have you used as the base? :)

Edit:
Ha! I just asked you the same question!

It’s just a couple of pieces of cork mat glued on top of each other after being ripped apart. I think sprayed it in black primer, dry brushed it with the brown that came with my starter kit, then dry brushed it with chainmail silver after that had dried. Was quite chuffed with the effect!

Couple of pieces of generic rocks PVA’s on top as well :)

Here's a list of peeps that have channels on YouTube with painting, modelling tips and tutorials. Well worth a look if you're into the hobby:

Awesomepaintjob
BlacksunArtstudio
bluetablepainting
BrotherBalian
Buypainted
Catattafish
Darthburn
Dullspork
Generalsplatton
GirlPainting
JudgeGudge
Kanvass1
MarneusAugustaCalgar
Miniwargaming
OrcPainterNerd
ScaleModelMedic
TemplarsCrusade01

P.S Jaffa, what material have you used as the base? :)

Edit:
Ha! I just asked you the same question!

It’s just a couple of pieces of cork mat glued on top of each other after being ripped apart. I think sprayed it in black primer, dry brushed it with the brown that came with my starter kit, then dry brushed it with chainmail silver after that had dried. Was quite chuffed with the effect!

Couple of pieces of generic rocks PVA’s on top as well :)

The main rock is well, a rock. Found it in my garden, primed black, drybrushed varying shades of grey and then white. The bits underneath are smashed up slate.

Look on my Photobucket, I REALLY like doing my bases, they allways come out BETTER than the model :(

Back
Top Bottom