***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
I was going to buy this phone but was put off by a few things like camera, sd card and all the rest, i went for the iphone in the end.

4 or 4S? Seems quite odd to go for an iphone based on the points you raised. The iphone also has no sd card and costs an absolute fortune for the 64GB version. Camera wise I doubt the iphone is that much better overall, they are very similar. The stuttering on 1080p video recordings on the 4S was horrible. The iphone 4/4S is a nice phone but nowhere near worth the price imo.

Soldato
I was going to buy this phone but was put off by a few things like camera, sd card and all the rest, i went for the iphone in the end. To be honist the only thing that put me off the iphone was the smaller screen, but after using someone elses for a bit I realised the screen size is just fine for me. Never had a smartphone before and its brilliant but I dont have anything to compare it to.

lol

good choice the iphone does have 4 sd card slots!

Man of Honour
4 or 4S? Seems quite odd to go for an iphone based on the points you raised. The iphone also has no sd card and costs an absolute fortune for the 64GB version. Camera wise I doubt the iphone is that much better overall, they are very similar. The stuttering on 1080p video recordings on the 4S was horrible. The iphone 4/4S is a nice phone but nowhere near worth the price imo.

The stuttering isn't happening on all devices, it was dodgy encoding or something.

This is the problem ^^ there's a reasonable chance it could be the best camera in a smartphone to date.

"How good is the camera?"

"Erm, only 5 mega pixels"

:rolleyes:

I very much doubt that.

lol

good choice the iphone does have 4 sd card slots!

No, but it has storage options beyond 16GB, which is quite clearly what he meant.

Soldato
Gives us more time to make our minds up which is nice. I think I'll take PLENTY of time to try out this, the nokia 800 and the razr before making my mind up.

Associate
Works for me, my new upgrade date is the 24th of November! :) Gives me time to try it out and see if I prefer it or the Razr before I take the plunge. I 100% expect to get the GNex, but due diligence and all that...........

Soldato
You'll need a touch of Norwegian:

I'd love to be one of these sales reps. Travelling the world, talking tech, speaking to like minded people - I cannot think of anything more fun!!

It looks gorgeous though. November 17th seems so far away. The next 3 weeks are going to be a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom