** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yeah, the first figure was a rumour, it was never confirmed.

Let's be realistic, even with a year left £7m always seemed too low.

Caporegime
Kompany + Silva = FM demi god defence.

Actually, Nesta (not to mention a lot of other players) are leaving Milan aren't they? Someone sign him up :(

I don't care that he's old, plagued by injuries and has lost what little pace he had. Please sign him up someone :(

Old? Isn't he, like, 50 or something? ;)

Soldato
I cant see how a highly regarded (1st choice) international player moving between clubs in his own league is anywhere comparable to Kagawa moving from Dortmund to England (potentially)

Not sure SAF will agree to buy at that inflated a price (clubs can be too greedy also) - 400% rise after two seasons.....

Im not sayin he wouldnt be worth it with 3 years still on his contract, but only 1? Im not so sure

edit I can see Utd missing out on both Kagawa and Hazard at this rate

Caporegime
Surely someone has to try to get sturridge out of Chelsea this year?

Overpaid, selfish, overhyped just because he's English striker on a wage few clubs can afford and a player who went to Chelsea rather than stay at City because he got a bigger contract offer. I can't see any club beating his wage and can't seem him leaving for a lower wage myself, outside of going out on loan he'll be a Chelsea player for another couple years I would think.

Have heard/read that we have made final offers on Thiago Silva (No idea why) and Eden Hazard.
The sticking point with Hazard is his agent. Like Nasri he is trying to force a big agents fee, so we will see if he either drops the fee or Hazard overrides him. The fee and wages are agreed though, with every club maybe. It just seems like his agent is stalling the transfer to see which club will pay his fee.

The Silva offer is bizarre because of the transfer fee, wages and his age. Also the fact Lescott has been fantastic this season and has built a great partnership with Kompany.

Really, bizarre, age and transfer fee make it bizarre?

let me see, Silva is a top top defender, he's 27, likely has 7-8 years left to give. What happens if Kompany gets a season long injury, you end up playing Savic a buttload? If Kolo leaves you have one real CB as backup(with Mancini seemingly not relying on Richards too much of late and I think basically not at all at CB?), who is your CB cover. Savic isn't close to good enough.

3 top notch CB's at a club going after league, domestic and european cups isn't even slighty strange, its strange you don't have 4 top CB's as it is with your budget/spending, you only have 3 top CB's and one of them is likely off.

You prevent injuries by rotating when you don't have to, you cope with injuries by rotating when forced to, you'll be much better off with Silva and him, Lescott and Kompany having frequent rests and certainly around big Euro ties.

As for Hazard, the transfer thread has been dull as anything with people speculating over what he's said, where he's going.

There's two options, he really is making all these comments and he's trying to get the biggest wage for himself possible, for all the people talking about how he's handling himself, its laughable. Getting the best wage he can get is his goal, how fans of other clubs see him after he moves is something he'll never think about, care about, or remember. If it's his agent, realistically same thing, ultimately the only people who will think badly of him are those who buy into all the constant quotes and media speculation, ignore it and it goes away.

He looks very good, if he's making 150k+ a week, here's the shocking truth.... there is no wrong choice. If he goes somewhere and the team doesn't win everything.... he'll move on somewhere else in a few years and get even more money. If he ends up somewhere he wins titles, he still might move on somewhere else for more money. He can go Chelsea, get 150k a week, win nothing and then go Real at 25 for 200k a week, or he can go City for 150k a week, win a few titles and go to real for 200k a week in a few years, or get a new bigger offer at City, etc, etc. What does he care, answer is, he doesn't. There are hundreds of brilliant players in every league who don't win things every single year, it doesn't kill them. He can sign for a team with a better chance at winning titles, doesn't mean he definitely will win stuff. ULtimately he'll move to a club in the champs league, who have a half decent chance of winning it, and get a huge wage. He could fail just as badly at City, Real, Chelsea, Arsenal or Villa as he could succeed at any. If he does succeed and turns into a top player, he'll end up with better offers in the future no matter where he is. Ronaldo was hardly a "loser" at Utd, yet went somewhere for WAY more money and didn't win anything for 2 years. Cesc went to Barca and missed out on the biggest titles, that's life.

Why doesn't everyone just shutup about Hazard, and then 5 people can all post how awesome he is if they sign for their club in a month, or two.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else think this point in the transfer window is pretty much like FM?? Everyone just goes silly with guesses, some people were stating Nigel Adkins was going to be sacked for Di Matteo if he didn't get the chelsea job and our traditional Michael Owen one came out.

There should be at least some sort of media disclaimer of "we know NOTHING but like speculating".

This Hazzard stuff is fun though, really hope a. he doesn't come to england at all, b. ends up at newcastle by complete accident or c. goes to one of the big teams, gets no games and has a better agent than Kieron Dyer at getting stupid contacts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18150824

Oh Kieron Dyer has another year at QPR, depute playing 35 games in 5 years!!! :eek: world champion agent...

Soldato
I knew Kagawa would be closer to the £20m mark, I thought it was mad when people were mentioning £7m

A hell of a lot for a player in the last year of his contract (wouldn't mind if Arsenal broke the bank though), but just look at Nasri, £23m or something was it?

Soldato
so a bit of media coverage and WALLOP his price doubles

spurs on the other hand are into the dizzy heights of biddoig for junior hoillet and dembele apparently. whoopy.

Two excellent players, would take either (or both) at Arsenal. Surprised there isn't more talk of Hoilett to Arsenal given his price, which I'm sure Wenger would love

Caporegime
Two excellent players, would take either (or both) at Arsenal. Surprised there isn't more talk of Hoilett to Arsenal given his price, which I'm sure Wenger would love

He's decent(Hoilett) but where would he play, or the others for that matter.

This is why Wenger needs to go, he won't drop Walcott for anyone, so how can we improve at right wing, we can't till we get a manager who will drop **** players.

If(big if, starting to get a tad worried long term) Wilshire is fit again next season who will he drop out of Arteta, Song and Wilshire from central midfield for a new player? Answer is, no one. Song should be but won't be, Arteta has been great and wouldn't deserve it and Wilshire could end up epic, too soon to buy a replacement.

left wing, we've got AOC without a starting spot, Ryo, Vela(though for his sake hopefully he'll be sold), Gervinho(lol), a little fella called Podolski. So we've got first team, Podolski, Gervinho(a mistake we likely can't get rid of) as backup, two young players who need games, and potentially Vela, a great player.

You have to factor in Wenger when thinking about our transfer potential. We won't get another left or right winger, IF RVP leaves we MIGHT buy another striker(or might have already done so in Podolski), we might be unable to shift Vela or Bendtner(due to stupid asking prices from what I've heard), we have no space in midfield, we have 2 ****, one big wage and both liked by Wenger left backs, we've got Verm, Kos, Mert, Djourou(incompetant but Wenger loves him), Squillaci.

He wants rid of Squillaci, Mert probably wants out, IF we get rid of at least one, maybe both, we might try to buy a CB, we probably WILL buy a right back, I wouldn't be surprised to see us get someone who can play CB or right back.

In real life, with a real manager, we need to replace Song, left back, right back, right wing, if RVP goes and Podolski goes upfront, a left winger, a DM and a clear out of all the rubbish and some decent rotation/backup players to replace them.

Soldato
\o/ I for one look forward to a whole season of moaning and demanding 'Wenger out' and weekly speculation that every team down to about 8th place could hypothetically do better and end up in front of Arsenal at every point until the end of the season when they end up qualifying for the Champions League yet again in front of all these teams who are epically better in every department but are just unlucky and play poorly and/or Arsenal getting a run of 17 games with every opponent playing horrifically. :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Manchester City prepared to risk losing Eden Hazard to Chelsea over his £200,000 a week wage demands

Belgian playmaker Hazard confirmed that he would leave Lille this summer after scoring a hat-trick during a 4-1 win against Nancy on Sunday in his final game for the club.

But despite being in pole position to sign the 21 year-old, who is also a target of Chelsea and Manchester United, City have made it clear to Hazard and his advisers that they will not meet his salary demands, which are understood to be around £200,000 a week. Instead they are prepared to offer around £110,000 a week.

The higher figure would move the Belgium international alongside Yaya Touré and Carlos Tévez as City’s top earners, but while that pair arrived as proven performers from Barcelona and United respectively, Hazard’s reputation is built on his performances in the French league.

As a result, senior figures at the Etihad Stadium have no intention of sanctioning a pay deal which would mean he earned more than Sergio Agüero, David Silva and the club captain, Vincent Kompany.

City accept that Chelsea’s interest in Hazard is genuine and the player himself admitted on Sunday that the Stamford Bridge club’s new status as European champions made them an attractive proposition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...lsea-over-his-200000-a-week-wage-demands.html

How on earth does he think he deserves 200k/week?! I don't think anyone is going to pay that.

Man of Honour
So, as I said, it's not as though Citeh will just pay anything... and will instead set a limit past which they're not willing to go :eek:.

Indeed, I'm shocked (if they don't change their tune).

I can't see anyone paying that much though, can you? Unless he goes to Anzhi! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom