** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He'd be the missing piece in our midfield. Song/M'vila + Wilshere + Kagawa is seriously good.

edit - Not as good as Man Utd's obviously, don't want to make that mistake, sorry guys.

Associate
Hopefully if Kagawa does come to United they wont throw him out on the wing. What a waste. I'm torn over Scholes' decision to play another season. Yeah he's good, but it's a position that now isn't available for new signings etc. Obviously Scholes wouldn't play every game, but you get my point.

Associate
Can't see United getting either at this rate. Fergie won't like Hazard's indecision, and with both Kagawa and Hazard meeting up with their national teams, they'll be getting buttered up by Miyaichi and Kompany/Lukaku.

Caporegime
Hazard now saying he wants to join Utd lol....this Hazard guy as good as he is, is a bit of a twit...cant seem to make up his mind on who he wants to join. Last yr he wanted to join Arsenal, this yr its Chelsea, City or Utd.

Hopefully if he does go to City, Chelsea or Utd hes a huge flop:p...everyone knows the french league is weak as they come.

Man of Honour
If it's true Hazard prefers a move to Manyoo, you reckon you'll get him? Bold statement :o.

;)

If City offered 100k more per week though, it may sway him. Preference wouldn't necessarily be the only deciding factor unfortunately.

He'd be the missing piece in our midfield. Song/M'vila + Wilshere + Kagawa is seriously good.

edit - Not as good as Man Utd's obviously, don't want to make that mistake, sorry guys.

Are Arsenal such an appealing team minus RvP though?

If you keep RvP and get M'Vila then that would be awesome (for you!) and would certainly make them appealing.

If you lose him, then that would really suck.

Man of Honour
Tbh, it's probably the case that he doesn't actually care where he goes, at the moment (as long as it's a very good team, obviously). It's not as though he's got a massive personal link* to any team, or any of the supposed suitors is head and shoulders above the rest (there are arguments for and against Manyoo/Chelsea/Citeh/Arsenal). If I was him, I'd just wait for teams to harden their interest, then wait to see what they had to say about a) my contract, b) their future plans for the team.

*Saying that... is it true that Vermaelen's his cousin? Perhaps Arsenal do have a chance, ha :D.

Agreed. I didn't know about Vermaelen though?! I can't find anything solid about it.

As I've said about Arsenal earlier however, RvP's future in the balance is quite a big deal. That could well affect his decision?

Caporegime
Agreed. I didn't know about Vermaelen though?! I can't find anything solid about it.

As I've said about Arsenal earlier however, RvP's future in the balance is quite a big deal. That could well affect his decision?

Awww bless your cotton socks, if RVP goes we will survive without him just like we did when Henry left and last yr when Fab left although we had a horrendous start to the season, we managed to get back 3rd place in the end.

So for me RVP, as much i love him and want us to keep him, if he decides to move this year or next yr then good luck to him...i just think that hes being a bit selfish by not signing a contract yet, after all the support we have given him when for most of his Arsenal career he was injured and sidelined. But i know that doesnt count for **** in this day and age ie loyalty...only Fabregas was loyal to us to the end and Wenger let him go without much fuss and neither have the Arsenal fans given Fab stick unlike Nasri. Hopefully he will come to his senses and sign a new contract though as much as everyone wants him to leave Arsenal:p

Im rather excited about Podolski coming to play for us, another proven goal scorer...am hoping he scores goals when next season arrives.

Man of Honour
Awww bless your cotton socks, if RVP goes we will survive without him just like we did when Henry left and last yr when Fab left although we had a horrendous start to the season, we managed to get back 3rd place in the end.

So for me RVP, as much i love him and want us to keep him, if he decides to move this year or next yr then good luck to him...i just think that hes being a bit selfish by not signing a contract yet, after all the support we have given him when for most of his Arsenal career he was injured and sidelined. But i know that doesnt count for **** in this day and age ie loyalty...only Fabregas was loyal to us to the end and Wenger let him go without much fuss and neither have the Arsenal fans given Fab stick unlike Nasri. Hopefully he will come to his senses and sign a new contract though as much as everyone wants him to leave Arsenal:p

Im rather excited about Podolski coming to play for us, another proven goal scorer...am hoping he scores goals when next season arrives.

I don't want him to leave or anything like that.

However think about it, if you're trying to lure top players to your club, but the current 'star' of the team is looking for a way out, it will put people off, surely? If Hazard for example wants to get the deal sorted quickly, he's not going to want to wait and see what Arsenal do about RvP after the Euros.

Okay, Podolski looks great and could do an equally good job, and you might sign a lot of other players, but strikers comparable to RvP are generally well out of Wenger's price range!

Associate
Soldato
I'd be very surprised if Hazard signed for United, given that City will be able to offer better wages and a higher transfer fee. Plus, it's not as if playing for United was a boyhood dream of his (not that he's mentioned anyway), which is often what sways a player and gets them to accept a lower wage package.

As long as Fergie actually signs at least two good central midfielders, preferably three (one solid defensive midfielder is needed imo), I'll be happy with the squad. Also, we need to hope Vidic stays injury free next season. The fact that we managed to come so close to winning the title despite not having arguably our best defender for the majority of the season says a lot, so with him fit I think we'll be a lot more solid defensively than we were this season.

Soldato
Unless, of course, Citeh set a limit they won't go past, but Manyoo will.

True, but why on earth would City do that when they have practically unlimited amounts of money to spend?! I can't see United paying stupid money for Hazard because Fergie just doesn't like paying over the odds, so my money is on City offering a higher transfer fee (though that's just speculation based on funds available to each club and their past transfer dealings obviously).

Soldato
True, but why on earth would City do that when they have practically unlimited amounts of money to spend?! I can't see United paying stupid money for Hazard because Fergie just doesn't like paying over the odds, so my money is on City offering a higher transfer fee (though that's just speculation based on funds available to each club and their past transfer dealings obviously).

Maybe Hazard thinks he is better than Valencia /Nani /Young but not as good as Silva /Nasri /...... (admittedly Silva's had a more free role recently but he has been known to play wide as well)

(Im not saying he is, or isnt - just one way the kid could be thinking)

He would also have more chance of getting starts in United's CM positions also rather than sitting on the bench

Because they'll only offer what they think represents value, to them (especially with financial fair play looming). If Manyoo offer £500k/week, they're not going to offer £501k/week. They'll have a figure in mind that they won't go past... Manyoo may, or may not, have a larger figure in mind.

Cant see Utd being willing to pay more in wages than City , esp for a new signing / untested in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom