Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
baskits!!! - Exchange was supposed to be enabled end of play June 2012 - but has now been moved until Sept 2012!! :( :( :(

If it wasn't for the fact that Virgin are so **** at customer service I would have deflected by now. NEED MOWAR UPLOAD SPEEDS!!

Soldato
baskits!!! - Exchange was supposed to be enabled end of play June 2012 - but has now been moved until Sept 2012!! :( :( :(

If it wasn't for the fact that Virgin are so **** at customer service I would have deflected by now. NEED MOWAR UPLOAD SPEEDS!!

Aye, as someone else said the only dates you are interested in are NOT end of quarters. So, if you see dates of:

March, June, September, December (End of) then it's purely a holding date which will almost certainly then be changed to the end of the next quarter.

Soldato
Aye, as someone else said the only dates you are interested in are NOT end of quarters. So, if you see dates of:

March, June, September, December (End of) then it's purely a holding date which will almost certainly then be changed to the end of the next quarter.

Doesn this mean it will actually happen in the month now stated or that it MIGHT happen earlier? - I can see the cabinet has been installed down the road and theres been some activity from BT in and around the area recently.....

Associate
Woot. Sky fibre is available here now :D. So how do I switch from be* with bt line, to sky line and fibre with minimal down time?

Ring up and order Sky, tell Be* you're leaving once you have an installation date, give them the installation date as your cut off point, or that + 2 weeks if you want to allow for BT to miss the first appointment.

My total downtime was around 2 hours, if I hadn't scheduled the cut off for the installation date it would have been no time at all :)

Associate
Had this for about 3 weeks now and it's amazing, although it did take a while for the upload speed to go up I was sitting 1.60 up for the first few weeks. This is what I'm getting now.

2054252864.png

That makes it looks like a 40/10 service, am I missing something here, how did you get that!?

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Doesn this mean it will actually happen in the month now stated or that it MIGHT happen earlier? - I can see the cabinet has been installed down the road and theres been some activity from BT in and around the area recently.....

It might happen earlier or they might shift the date again.

That makes it looks like a 40/10 service, am I missing something here, how did you get that!?

They've increased the upstream.

Associate
Can anyone comment on their torrent upload speed/seeding and also upload speeds to websites such as youtube and file hosting (rapidshare, mediafire, zippyshare)?

Are the speeds steady through out the entire day? I understand that at times network congestion can also be a limiting factor but generally speaking for the most part.

Thanks!

NB, I've been offered Line Rental + Unlimited Calls + Fibre for £28 p/m from Sky (loyal customer). Phone activation is due 23/07 and Fibre the following day 24/07. Ordered phone services on 06/07 and Fibre on 09/07. Fingers crossed the switch over from BT is painless!

BT did offer a similar deal but 80/20 Infinity for £38 p/m. Could always upgrade to Sky Fibre Pro for additional £10...Ahh both contracts are for 12 months and im slightly put of by Sky not offering annual payment for line rental anymore and it is set to increase on Sept 1st to £14.60 p/m!!

Last edited:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Can anyone comment on their torrent upload speed/seeding?

BT did offer a similar deal but 80/20 Infinity for £38 p/m. Could always upgrade to Sky Fibre Pro for additional £10...Ahh both contracts are for 12 months and im slightly put of by Sky not offering annual payment for line rental anymore and it is set to increase on Sept 1st to £14.60 p/m!!

20Mb/s 24/7. BT Infinity is 18 months.

Soldato
10/100 :( and you only get 3 spare ports once the modem is plugged in

Thanks.

It amazes me that in the day and age, we have been using Gigabit connections for many years, yet the adsl/cable routers are still being sent out with 10/100 speeds.

I wish that we could at least be given an option to pay £10 extra for a faster router.

Anyway, I shall have to get a gigabit switch, to use with the low bandwidth dsl router.

Associate
20Mb/s 24/7. BT Infinity is 18 months.

Wow, that certainly sounds great. I often use skype with family abroad and my connection is limiting my experience in comparison to that of others. Is your upload rate ever throttled outside the hours of 4pm-midnight as mentioned on the BT website? I was considering trying BTGuard VPN for a month for my torrents also.

Soldato
Wow, that certainly sounds great. I often use skype with family abroad and my connection is limiting my experience in comparison to that of others. Is your upload rate ever throttled outside the hours of 4pm-midnight as mentioned on the BT website? I was considering trying BTGuard VPN for a month for my torrents also.

Sky dont throttle anything with the unlimited connections

Associate
Just seen that sky fibre is available in my area so i was going to cancel my bt infinity installation but you have to have sky TV to get the fibre what a pain in the butt.

Back
Top Bottom