Sky Fibre Optic

Eh?
I was not a SKY customer and my one-off costs were:
£50 connection fee
£2.50 (or thereabouts) to cover postage cost of the router.
Nothing else.

Why are they charging £87 or £62?
Are different people getting different deals?

Damit I missed out on the installation waiver and its now £50. Will wait until its waivered again...If I know Sky it will happen again soon. I have been with Sky for 7yrs and the website for existing customers still states the £50.

From 1st September the price of the Fibre raises to £21.50.

According to the contract you have to use the supplied router.

Sky use an uncommon authentication method so there are only a few routers that work and they generally require extra work to set up. Another method if you don't mind an extra box, is setting up the Sky router as a "dumb" router to pass through to another router.

Last edited:
According to the contract you have to use the supplied router.

Sky use an uncommon authentication method so there are only a few routers that work and they generally require extra work to set up. Another method if you don't mind an extra box, is setting up the Sky router as a "dumb" router to pass through to another router.

Might do that and use my 7800n in that case

Thanks

Been on Sky Fibre Optic for around 2-3 months now, I am finding it alright but the wifi signal on the router is just diabolical. Have I got a dodgy router or are they still sending the same ones out? I sometimes get zero/one bar and I am in the next room.

When I was with o2/BeThere, I used to get typically around 5Mb/s.
On Fibre, I am now getting the full advertised download speed.
£12.50 line rental + £20/month broadband charge.

Back
Top Bottom