Sky Fibre Optic

Soldato
KIA. I think you might be wrong on this.

For existing SKY customers, there is no installation fee.
For non SKY customers (like myself), there is an installation fee.

Soldato
KIA. I think you might be wrong on this.

For existing SKY customers, there is no installation fee.
For non SKY customers (like myself), there is an installation fee.

I spoke to Sky customer service the other day and even though I'm an existing subscriber, they still told me that there's a £50 installation charge.

Soldato
I spoke to Sky customer service the other day and even though I'm an existing subscriber, they still told me that there's a £50 installation charge.

I see.
Up until a few weeks ago, they waived the £50 charge for existing SKY customers. Perhaps they have put a stop to the waiver.

Associate
Just a quick question, does anyone know how to find out whether you're on LLU or not? (We're currently on Sky Unlimited)

Soldato
If your currently using Sky unlimited then that is their LLU product, if you where using Sky connect that would be the BT wholesale one. So simple answer = your using LLU atm.

But for future reference, google samknows exchange checker to see whats available at your local exchange.

Soldato
Have just rang Sky to check - For existing SKY customers, there is no installation fee + free router.

Existing Sky broadband customers or Sky TV customers?
I just have Sky TV and checked again online. £50 activation fee and £2.18 Broadband hardware postage. Taking the **** really given the amount I pay them every month.

Associate
Had this for about 3 weeks now and it's amazing, although it did take a while for the upload speed to go up I was sitting 1.60 up for the first few weeks. This is what I'm getting now.

2054252864.png

Associate
Had this for about 3 weeks now and it's amazing, although it did take a while for the upload speed to go up I was sitting 1.60 up for the first few weeks. This is what I'm getting now.

They have only just increased the upload speed country wide hence it taking a while to adjust :p

Associate
My upload upgrade kicked in over the weekend. I've now got an upload three times faster than the download I got on ADSL before switching! Not sure what I'll use the extra upload speed for though.

Back
Top Bottom