Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
Ok sorted the tv package out. As there is no working phone line in the house will It be an extra charge to get one working and relocate the master socket upstairs.

Last edited:
Soldato
You certainly do not need SKY TV.
I certainly would not pay a penny for any SKY TV services.

The SKY fibre basic package should come as follows:
£20/month - internet
£12.25/month (or thereabouts) - phone line rental
£50 installation
£2.50 (or thereabouts) 0 -modem postage

That is the package which I have signed up to.

Associate
Its the fibre unlimited I am going for. Just trying to find out if there are any hidden charges for reconnecting the phone line and moving the phone socket upstairs.

Soldato
I Get staff discount 50% off my overall package, Think I'd be best to go with Sky and take advantage of that (I don't work for Sky but for a partner)...

How much is the Pro package?

Thanks

Soldato
hah! - serves em right. Virgin is the one who should be stopped from using their 'unlimited broadband' claim due to their throttling services! Even as top end 100MB users some of my colleagues have had threatening letters from virgin for downloading too much, and one even got cut off!!!

Associate
Although this is not a Sky Fibre question, I didn't want to create another thread.

We're on Sky Unlimited, and currently have one of their newer routers, but our download speeds are still rubbish, but in our previous house we had the same package but with a Netgear router (from Sky) and received a dramatic increase of speeds compared to now. Are we allowed to change the router or do Sky forbid this?

aln

aln

Associate
Although this is not a Sky Fibre question, I didn't want to create another thread.

We're on Sky Unlimited, and currently have one of their newer routers, but our download speeds are still rubbish, but in our previous house we had the same package but with a Netgear router (from Sky) and received a dramatic increase of speeds compared to now. Are we allowed to change the router or do Sky forbid this?

You're technically not supposed to, and there have been reports of sky contacting customers about it, but lots of people go ahead and do it without problems.

Requires some hackery that'll you need to google and put a little work into. That said, probably pointless, as the distance and quality of your line won't change by adding a new router.

Associate
You're technically not supposed to, and there have been reports of sky contacting customers about it, but lots of people go ahead and do it without problems.

Requires some hackery that'll you need to google and put a little work into. That said, probably pointless, as the distance and quality of your line won't change by adding a new router.

I think I'll leave it for now then :p

Associate
Just got Sky's Fibre Unlimited installed after being on 5Mb on their ADSL Broadband

Currenty im synced at...
DownStream Connection Speed 39999 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 1997 kbps

I've heard that they have increased the upload from 2Mb to 10Mb,
When should i see this rise?

Cheers

Soldato
I just got my SKY FTCC.

Its a lot faster than my old connection, but my upload is slower than the 10MBit/s which some people are getting.

Its a decent upgrade though - approximately 8 times faster than my old connection.

Associate
just noticed my router profile has changed to 10 meg upload! :cool:
2073266572.png

Back
Top Bottom