***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Guys, what do you use to backup your SMS messages? I use SMS Backup+ which backs up to your Gmail account. However I now don't think it is working right even though I have used the app to successfully restore messages previously.

I presently use CM10 on my S3 and backed that up yesterday in order to try Wanam 4+Domination as tethering is broken in CM10 at present. Everything went well with the install etc.

However when I restored my sms messages using the same app, the following happened with the JB sms app - Every conversation with a single person was split into two; with messages I had received, and messages I had sent.

I forgot to take a screenshot sadly and just restored my CM10 backup.

Soldato
CWM Recovery installed Wanamlite + JB Dominion 1.4

No problems so far, no data loss, everything as I left it but running JB.

Took about 10 mins all in , WanamLite installs in about 60 seconds!

Lovely jubbly.

Soldato
Guys, what do you use to backup your SMS messages? I use SMS Backup+ which backs up to your Gmail account. However I now don't think it is working right even though I have used the app to successfully restore messages previously.

I presently use CM10 on my S3 and backed that up yesterday in order to try Wanam 4+Domination as tethering is broken in CM10 at present. Everything went well with the install etc.

However when I restored my sms messages using the same app, the following happened with the JB sms app - Every conversation with a single person was split into two; with messages I had received, and messages I had sent.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en
It will backup to Dropbox with an addon.

Soldato
I had to do a system wipe. Everything was working ok (going from ICS to Wanam) but it had a weird bug with the WiFi/Data thing.

When I left WiFi coverage (leaving house) it would switch it to 3G but no data would get through. If I then went back to WiFi coverage (returning home) the data would still not work and came up with the "your AP has no internet connection". This was fixed if I switched WiFi off and back on but then would do the same.

Full wipe seems to have solved it.

PITA though as you have to go through all the settings to get it back up and you always have that niggle that you haven't set it up the same again :p

Soldato

I had that problem. I read that it's because Touchwiz and Aosp store text messages in a different way so it's not possible to backup between the two. But I didn't think it would be a problem because SMS Backup+ just sends it to gmail, then imports it again.

Back
Top Bottom