***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Nope. In fact, there's none beginning with H.

Do you have Titanium Backup? Could you restore "Helv Neus S"?

I don't use Ti Backup no. I'm gutted i've lost the font, when I go to Display > Font Style I don't see the normal selection screen of 4 default fonts, but some silly Flip Font menu with just "default" available and a button to buy more on the Play Store ... god damnit!

Looks like it's piggybacked it's way in on something. CWM, WanamLite, 15 Toggles, and JB Dom ... must be one of those 4 lol

Last edited:
Soldato
2 Questions :-

1. What is the best/most popular JB rom at the moment that's suitable to use as a daily driver?.
2. Do you lose any functionality when you install a non touchwiz rom ?.

Thanks,

Most popular is probably Wanamlite or CM10.

These are the known issues with any JB aosp rom at the moment http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod10:GT-I9300:Nightly:Known_issues.

I'm using CM10 as my daily driver because none of those issues effect me, and the UI isn't laggy at all tbh.

You'll also lose Wifi tethering, but I think a fix is being merged in the next nightly.. whenever that is. Someone decided to ddos github so there's been no nightlies recently :p

Associate
I don't use Ti Backup no. I'm gutted i've lost the font, when I go to Display > Font Style I don't see the normal selection screen of 4 default fonts, but some silly Flip Font menu with just "default" available and a button to buy more on the Play Store ... god damnit!

Looks like it's piggybacked it's way in on something. CWM, WanamLite, 15 Toggles, and JB Dom ... must be one of those 4 lol

Doubt it's cos of that. Loads of us use all those.

Do you have /system/app/HelvNeuelLT.apk ?

Soldato
Doubt it's cos of that. Loads of us use all those.

Do you have /system/app/HelvNeuelLT.apk ?

It must be, I was using Helvetica no more than a few hours ago, flashed the 4 above and now this stupid Flip Fonts crap as taken over.

No, I don't have the HelvNeuelLT.apk there, but if that's the crap from the PlayStore then that's not it anyway. It's the Helvetica-S I want back.

Do you think you could fire us over a copy of that .apk file matey? Worth a try, although I have a feeling this FlipFont is going to overwrite anything I do

Associate
Most popular is probably Wanamlite or CM10.

These are the known issues with any JB aosp rom at the moment http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod10:GT-I9300:Nightly:Known_issues.

I'm using CM10 as my daily driver because none of those issues effect me, and the UI isn't laggy at all tbh.

You'll also lose Wifi tethering, but I think a fix is being merged in the next nightly.. whenever that is. Someone decided to ddos github so there's been no nightlies recently :p

Just my luck that bluetooth audio streaming is an issue, I use it everyday :(

Associate
It must be, I was using Helvetica no more than a few hours ago, flashed the 4 above and now this stupid Flip Fonts crap as taken over.

No, I don't have the HelvNeuelLT.apk there, but if that's the crap from the PlayStore then that's not it anyway. It's the Helvetica-S I want back.

Do you think you could fire us over a copy of that .apk file matey? Worth a try, although I have a feeling this FlipFont is going to overwrite anything I do

try this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90px9yvl6hmlafs/HelvNeueLT.apk

Soldato

I had that problem. I read that it's because Touchwiz and Aosp store text messages in a different way so it's not possible to backup between the two. But I didn't think it would be a problem because SMS Backup+ just sends it to gmail, then imports it again.
Cheers chaps. I had a feeling it would be something to do with the way the messages were stored. I guess I'll persevere with CM10 then as I do enjoy using it.

Soldato
if im reading it right, o2 jelly bean should be out today

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/

o2 have blamed a bug that was present in beta (battery drain) for not releasing it on Friday despite Three already rolling it out and blamed Samsung lol :D

It's now on-line should anyone want it http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=GT-I9300

Thank you very much indeed, worked a treat. Helvetica S is now in the menu, despite the menu still being that stupid Flip Font menu, think I might end up doing a full wipe, not sure what app put this bloatware on :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Just noticed with my latest wanam+domination+15toggles that I can't use livewallpapers.. Is it just me?

Happened to me also.

Use root explorer/ES Explorer with root etc and browse to /system/apps

Open the wanamlite zip and browse the aurora/livewallpapers folder, copy seclivewallpaperspicker.apk to the /system/application folder, set permissions to rw- r -- r--, reboot.

Soldato
Makes me laugh, both Three and Vodafone release the update at 8am on the day they promise. O2 fail to manage do to this, lie to customers at 9pm saying it will still go out before midnight, and then turn around and blame Samsung for the failure - set of muppets

Soldato
Honestly, for years I did handset testing and things are never really simple with it. If they are holding it back it's because there is a solid, detrimintal service impact. It won't be a small problem either I suspect. You have to remember that your phone is pretty much the only physical link to <network X> and thus if it doesn't function well it reflects badly on them. You are the one per cent who understand a phone and firmware are different things, networks cater to the masses rather than us sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom