BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

FoD is pretty pointless. And of course BT Wholesale had breaking ofcom ruling eg: 36 months instead of their ruling for all broadband come with 24 months contract only.

Far from pointless. Not everyone syncs at 80/20 and those that do want access to faster speeds. 36 month contract isn't an issue if the product is aimed at businesses. CP's can offer 18-24 month contracts if they wish.

Right, when I had infinity first installed, end of september last year, I was getting 50~55Mbps down and 11-13Mbps up.

After the first week it became stable around 48Mbps down 11up, which then was static for some time even, with some occasional dropouts (orange flashbroadband light) occuring which lasted no more than a minute or so whilst keeping the same sync profiles.

Over the last 3-4 months its lowered itself and I've had a few more random connection dropouts.

I'm now sat on 35Mbps down and peaking to 9Mbps up.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 35.88 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-36.74 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 36.74 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 9.23Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

So basically will my profile rise over time if it is stable? Or is it due to the growing numbers of users on the cabinet(even though surely there is enough capacity)?

I've also aquired a bt business hub 3 this morning, so unsure whether to connect it up in the place of the current bt home hub 3 as though a bit of googl'ing they're pretty much identical. I just don't want to lower the profile more.

Any ideas/feedback is appreciated?

I think the last time I had such a trouble free connection was in the early (1MB :o ) days of telewest/blueyonder. Had infinity for slightly over a year and had about 2 days worth of hassle from it since the kit was installed (minus occasional crappy hh3 issues). I think my post about installation should be around in this thread.

Infinity 2 all installed with no problems at all 64 down & 20 up.

Only time will tell now :)

Cheers all

You will be fine as long don't touch BT Openreach Modem eg: rebooting or turned off, as DLM will trigger it at the exchange. Best leave it alone. Only the router u can disconnection and re-connection. Also u now enter 10 days training period.

Thanks for the info guys but I did ask the engineer about leaving it all switched on etc to train it.

But to be honest my old adsl router was always left switched on anyway & I don't plan to turn any of this stuff off if I can help it power cuts permitting etc.

Cheers all

Pretty pointless for plusnet to say it will be 10 days training period on ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ and FTTC. I knew my line get highest speed on day 1 (ADSL2+) and after 10 days, it no difference, still same sync. So, BT probably is an excuse!

Back
Top Bottom