Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Don't know if it's of interest to anyone but KR multicase have launched a few new sizes of their cardboard cases and they are buy one get one free just now. So for £50 I got 4 boxes worth of foam (each in a double size cardboard box) which means I have a set of foam for my Ogres and one for my Necrons (currently in my aluminium case) and cardboard cases to keep whichever army I'm not currently playing in.

Associate
ive managed to paint the other three royal guards,so thought i would put up a pic be gentle as these are my first 4 models ive painted haha (i havent varnished them yet),if u see anything i could do to improve please any tips are more than welcome.
QyUq4Ygh.jpg

also bought a box,some more brushes,more paints,varnishes and mix plate:
xsuAlmvh.jpg

sorry for all the pic whoring,really enjoying this painting malarky.
any good sites for tips and guides?

Associate
finished up the latest furioso, few tiny bits to play around with, this one has a magnetized face plate, so i can swap between libby dread and furioso.

3F9x6Hd.jpg

Also I grabbed one of these off eBay last week, nice quick delivery from somewhere in Spain. Only had a quick play but can see it being very useful for wire/tubes/tentacles!

IQ2AxB3.jpg

Comes with three different sized plates, and handy sort of side grips for keeping stuff nice and even.

IgFBtia.jpg

Theme for the whole army is the shield of baal campaign stuff, lots of nids and dead nids on bases at some point. Just need to start getting my hands on some necrons as well!

Associate
ive managed to paint the other three royal guards,so thought i would put up a pic be gentle as these are my first 4 models ive painted haha (i havent varnished them yet),if u see anything i could do to improve please any tips are more than welcome.
QyUq4Ygh.jpg

also bought a box,some more brushes,more paints,varnishes and mix plate:
xsuAlmvh.jpg

sorry for all the pic whoring,really enjoying this painting malarky.
any good sites for tips and guides?

They look good to me! Certainly better than my first painted models. Really wish I had pictures of them kicking about but was many years ago.

As far as tutorials go...YouTube is your friend there. I tend to watch a few different ones especially ones using the paints I am and take steps from all 3. So when it comes to varnishing I'd look up any army painter varnish tutorials and see what they say. Reason I say that is I use a lot of army painter primers and if you use them like a GW Primer you will ruin models so it's worth making sure. I have that varnish upstairs but I've never varnished a single model so I can't help you sadly.

EDIT: Also got this today in the post

Last edited:
Associate
Finecast is proof that games workshop hates its customers.

A good soak in hot soapy water, I often do this twice. a good sharp knife for cleaning up, an emery board stolen off the Mrs for some soft filing, soak again. I very lightly wash with nuln or some other such shade, then undercoat with black or whatever color primer and away I go.

its never perfect but i do that for any finecast or stuff from forgeworld and it helps!

Commissario
Finecast. so fine they ended up changing the name.

I don't think that my brother or I got a single model made with that particular resin that didn't require at least one trip back to the GW store for a replacement, or three :/

We now just avoid anything from GW (as opposed to FW) that is resin, it's too much bother and chance of having to get it replaced.

Associate
I've actually had more problems with plastic sprues than finecast but I realise I'm in the minority. To be fair they are phasing it out anyway.

What I'd like is to get away from the plastic claim pack characters and do more like the marine captain or chaos terminator lord. It's annoying when your mono pose character has equipment that you won't use. Although in saying that my Necron Lord does now have a res orb so the model annoys me less.

Caporegime
What does everyone think about next weeks 40k releases? look pretty cool to me

Is this the Skitarii? Yeah thought they looked pretty good.

I'm not a massive fan of the recent releases (the harlequins were nice but the Khorne ones are a bit pants imo)

I don't like how everything seems to be the same pose lately. It's like they've just discovered they can have things standing on something on the base so now every release is doing that.

Soldato
Finecast is being retired now, there has not been any new finecast models from what I can remember.

Relic is an awesome game, but set aside a good few hours to play it.

Parmesan do you have the ebay link for that wire/tubes/tentacles doo-dad

Cheers

Associate
Relic is an awesome game, but set aside a good few hours to play it.

Parmesan do you have the ebay link for that wire/tubes/tentacles doo-dad

Cheers

For the Roller - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281290072979?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'm looking for a decent board game for me and the mrs to play at weekends, shes about 10 weeks pregnant so pretty much refusing to move from the sofa after 6PM. Would Relic fit on a decent sized coffee table, and be any good for 2 players?

I had a good read through the stats and some rules for the new skitari/mechanicum releases, looked ok. I think I may make a purchase just to paint!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom