• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
what does everyone have theirs overclocked at?

I have +200 core and +500 mem

On a side note love being back on team green, my time with the R295 X2 was a very very frustrating one and not one I wish to repeat, I don't care how good the 390X is if it ever appears, Never again!

(still think we are all slightly insane spending £900 on a graphics card lol)

200 and 500 is easy for this card, but is too high for 1080p ........ i select 120 and 120, but the priority now is to take a look at the thermal paste and figure out if it's worth fitting Arctic Accelero arriving tomorrow............. it probably is

Soldato
Yeah, my two bad ones looks like the TIM was applied with the pea method but the paste was hard and GPUs never have high mounting pressure so it didn't spread out well at all!

yea but i've lost my Phillips screwdriver, so i dont think i can get the cover off tonight

Soldato
Interesting, temps on mine I'm happy with but I might check the paste just to be sure. Are there any stickers on the card that void warranty when removing the cooler?

Nope, really easy to take the cooler off, two screw on the end bracket vents by the DVI port then all the screws on the back, I always leave the 4 around the core until last and unscrew them in a criss-cross pattern bit by bit (don't let them jump off as they are sprung).

yea but i've lost my Phillips screwdriver, so i dont think i can get the cover off tonight

I am sorry you only have one Phillips screwdriver :(

Associate
only got a couple of games installed on my new ssd, call of duty aw and dragon age inquisition. how does dragon age use 99% of the gpu and cod averages about 60% whats going on lol. same with and without overclock. tech baffles me sometimes.

Soldato
found a Phillips socket set :D my spare room upstairs is an Alladins cave of DIY tools and junk...

i removed the cooler really easily and found the paste to be well applied :mad: damn it what a bummer, so i replaced it with Arctic MX2 and that's it.......... runs about the same and maybe cools down a bit quicker.

ok, so i'm going to fit the new cooler late tomorrow after work.............fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Associate
I still need to post Unity running if anyone still wanted that.

Just benchmarked Rome 2 using DSR 4587@1920 . All settings at max (except AA which I believe is only FXAA or MLAA anyway) and it averages 75fps in the benchmark. This is with SLI enabled, and pleasingly getting great using on both cards and a pretty smooth experience.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Why am I so tempted to buy another :( seems like raw power!

nice to see that slightly is working well from release, not something I can say about the red team.

Associate
COD was running fine prior to the new patch well over 70% usage. I'm lucky now with the new patch if it runs overs 60% (more in the 30-50% range).

I have 3 profiles

Stock , +200/+200 and +250/+500

1189/7000 - 1389/7400 and 1439/8000

If the game isn't that demanding I use the cards stock clocks with a custom fan profile, so the heat/noise isn't that bad. If not I use a small OC (1389/7400, max temp 75c, fan is 59% at that temp) to get FPS slightly higher and I run the max stable OC (1439/8000) to bench with a constant 70% fan.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok results are in for my 3x Titan X’s AIOs:

Setup:

3x Stock Nvidia Titan X’s with stock BIOS with EVGA 980 All-In-One liquid coolers

Case/Cooling: Caselabs Mercury S8. 7 intake fans. 6 exhaust fans (room for 1 more exhaust)

Fans: All Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions running at the static full speed of 1,450RPM 23dBA

GPU Fan speed: Lowest possible setting (22% around 1050RPM)

GPU setup: Sandwich stacked

Overclock: +225Mhz on all 3 cards (1440Mhz speed)

Highest temperature rating running intense GPU benchmarks: 60C (Probably 50C in games)

I couldn’t find anything to measure GPU VRM & Memory temp unless someone can point me in the right direction

If this was Tri-SLI sandwich stacked on air, the GPU fans would probably be running at 100% at a full 5800RPM and would probably be reaching 90C+ and throttling. Plus 100x louder.

Yes I have room for 1 more AIO Titan X & a slot at the top to put the radiator but I don’t think I’ll need it! (at least just yet)

My biggest complaint is the motors make an annoying buzzing sound. I am VERY familiar with the problems all the Corsair CPU AIOs have and this isn’t any of them. This isn’t the sound of air trapped inside nor the sound of the pump getting too much voltage leading to a ticking sound. It’s the same sound as a wire slightly touching one of your case fans or something. My suspicion is maybe the pump is getting too much voltage or this is just how they are. I have to run a voltage regulator on my Corsair CPU AIO H105 so it doesn’t make a horrible grinding/ticketing sound. This might be happening because the Titan X’s fan the pump leeches off of may have more amps than the 980s and this pump was made for the 980 so that MAY be the cause but again unsure. When I just had one of these running, my fans running at 725RPM would cover up the sound. Having 3 of these now the buzzing sound grows. Now I can still SLIGHTLY hear it even when my fans are at full 1,450 RPM. Again not a big deal because I can’t hear it at all when playing games or there’s some type of background noise. Only in a quiet room with just my computer running I can hear the motors.

These AIOs perform in both performance and sound exactly where it should. Between air cooling and full water cooling. I am happy with the purchase but I wish it didn’t have the buzzing sound. I may get a single Titan X AIO if EVGA ever comes out with one to see if the buzzing goes away. I don’t think I can mod the voltage to the pump since it uses a weird small 4 pin connector that the GPU fan uses.

It’s not pretty but it’s functional! I stopped caring how the inside of my case looked a few years ago when I realized I was spending more time building my computers than actually using them. No window on my case. I recommend everyone try to do the same. It’s like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

DSC_0019_zpsghq5zpa1.jpg

Man of Honour
OP

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

:D:)

Back
Top Bottom