• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

The titan x is not loud at all, it's quieter than my 780 phantom. Sure if you're running a 1:1 fan profile it will be but there's no need

Yeah it's def not as loud as AMD's ref cards. TX makes noise when under full load but I don't even notice it anymore (I did at first). Think I've got used to it, or the card has broken itself in.. Whereas with the old AMD cards I had to put them under water as the noise was literally intolerable for me. The Titan X can be loud but not annoyingly so. Certainly not worth the effort of changing the coolers, I think the TX cooler does a great job and looks sexy while doing it :p

Last edited:
ok i've got it working, flipping heck a lot of work, i'm getting too old for this. :mad:
.......... it's now running at 60 degrees with a good OC :D

I deleted everything, turned off rig, removed the power cable, removed the GPU, re-plugged it all in and it then suddenly worked in the 2nd slot down.......... it's running on Gigabyte OC guru

Precision X suddenly works now.......... you have to right click the 1st profile slot..............it took 6 hours to find that out, left mouse wont work :mad:

GPU has to be on 2nd slot down, the new air cooler is massive, it's twice the depth of a 970 GTX, it's 4 slots deep.

Titan X is a massive overclocker but it's got a noisy fan, that'll be sorted out this weekend ;)

ok i've got it working, flipping heck a lot of work, i'm getting too old for this. :mad:
.......... it's now running at 60 degrees with a good OC :D

I deleted everything, turned off rig, removed the power cable, removed the GPU, re-plugged it all in and it then suddenly worked in the 2nd slot down.......... it's running on Gigabyte OC guru

Precision X suddenly works now.......... you have to right click the 1st profile slot..............it took 6 hours to find that out, left mouse wont work :mad:

GPU has to be on 2nd slot down, the new air cooler is massive, it's twice the depth of a 970 GTX, it's 4 slots deep.

Titan X is a massive overclocker but it's got a noisy fan, that'll be sorted out this weekend ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I knew how to fix it as I had a similar problem but you know, I was going to get another cheap Titan X :D , so don't blame me :)

Anyway glad you solved it.

Aww man that is harsh! Even if it's Mal.

Usually strange fan revs up and issues like that have to do with dust in the PCI-E slot or the cables not feeding the card properly. Just taking out and reinserting (pushing harder) or blowing on the cables does it.

Most people just insist on it being software...

Anyway I was going to tell him but later :p

Last edited:
Usually strange fan revs up and issues like that have to do with dust in the PCI-E slot or the cables not feeding the card properly. Just taking out and reinserting (pushing harder) or blowing on the cables does it.

Most people just insist on it being software...

Anyway I was going to tell him but later :P

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm not happy with the card anyway, i hate the noise, it's way too loud !!!!
It's one of the quietest cards I have ever owned, you probably have it on 100% fan.

finally, i feel very guilty and stupid for buying the card without seeing the 390X first.

No-one knows when this is out. One thing I do know though is you will buy it then post this:
finally, i feel very guilty and stupid for buying the card without seeing the 980Ti first.

Back
Top Bottom