• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

I find the very last minute updated minimum specs for Batman very odd....

AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)

That is still a pretty high-end card, are they basically admitting there is minimal AMD optimisation for this game?

I have an Nvidia card, but still think this stinks.

Another driver rushed out to support a game without fixing the real issue many people are getting and still has known issues in the game it's being released for...

Just makes the switch to AMD Fury X easier as long as nVidia keep doing this...

Haha, I feel like I'm stuck in the middle. Neither company are perfect. Wish there was a third option tbh.

I base my purchase purely on hardware. So if Fury X is faster, or similar and really does run at sub 40c I could see me switching.

When it comes to drivers, there is no such thing as perfect. Both camps have issues.

If only Samsung made GPU's :D

I find the very last minute updated minimum specs for Batman very odd....

AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)

That is still a pretty high-end card, are they basically admitting there is minimal AMD optimisation for this game?

I have an Nvidia card, but still think this stinks.

Agreed, the whole thing is weird.

GeForce Game Ready Driver

Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman: Arkham Knight this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience, you'll have the best possible performance and image quality during gameplay.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for Batman: Arkham Knight, including support for SLI Technology and GeForce Experience 1-click optimizations

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/86538/en-uk

There are reports on both the Steam and Guru3D forums that the Batman SLI profile has not been correctly included in the driver. So much for game ready :p. I hope they update the driver package ready for launch.

I can't play for more than a few minutes, taking a screenshot crashes Witcher 3. These 353.30 driver are utter rubbish!

They're useless. I've never had drivers crash constantly so much. Time for a full clean out with DDU in safemode and then rolling back to 353.06 it seems.

EDIT: Looks like I won't have an SLI profile for Batman tomorrow, as the driver is useless. I can't play any game with it.

Last edited:
:D:D:D Oh dear lord!

Originally Posted by lmimmfn View Post
not installing these, will wait until the drivers are stable again on Keplar

Eee say what? "...kepler optimization didn't not carry to this drivers"

Sorry, I'm late to the party.. So what's this BS with Kepler cards not receiving optimization in the drivers? There was a release driver focused on Kepler cards called 353.06? Is this the only current driver we have? Why is Nvidia not making drivers with all cards in mind anymore? Are Kepler cards only receiving attention every so often now? WTH

Originally Posted by moab600 View Post
then u gonna wait longer... there are report that kepler optimization didn't not carry to this drivers.

This is true.

Going up Crow's Perch in the Witcher 3, minimum I saw:

353.30: 27fps
353.06: 34fps

Nvidia, seriously

:D

Something wrong with these 353.30's, Arkham Asylum refuses to start and crashes straight away, Went back to the 353.12's and it loads instantly.

No game I own runs with 353.30. It's a constant crash fest. Just loading a save in Witcher 3 freezes up my entire system of all things.

Other games crash, and so do the drivers. These are to be avoided.

I've never had a driver this bad before.

So far this year their have been 8 driver release,only 3 of them have been stable/decent for me(Granted one driver set i never even bothered trying).Wtf are they doing,

All these TWIMTB games,and the to play them i have to use older drivers for stablity,which in turns means i cant even get 'driver enhancements' for specific games.

Shocking

So far this year their have been 8 driver release,only 3 of them have been stable/decent for me(Granted one driver set i never even bothered trying).Wtf are they doing,

All these TWIMTB games,and the to play them i have to use older drivers for stablity,which in turns means i cant even get 'driver enhancements' for specific games.

Shocking

Sums it up. I've barely been back to custom PCs but at least on my Apple Mac Pro they heavily scrutinised any drivers that could go near it.

Ugh, this is not how to handle things. NVIDIA are constantly promoting their new driver for Batman as well. It can't even run properly, let alone play a game.

So i was kinda let's go and test it with my GTX 570 on win 10. No need to modify the inf , which is a good point and i got the +20% back with this driver in 3Dmark API overhead test DX11 MT :D
No games have been tested yet. May be tomorrow when i got time.

It's kind of funny, at least people are starting to wake to the fact that there are no perfect drivers. AMD and Nvidia both experience problems. Although Nvidia have released a lot of drivers this year, most of them have caused system instability. I can't ever remember a time when we had this many drivers still with no fix for glaring issues before. .

I bet ya when Fury X launches you will still get that guy who says 'Yeah but AMD's drivers suck' :D

Some comments from that link,

So WTF is this crap. I thought AMD was the one with the driver issues. I get more crashes to desktop then i've ever seen. Pay the insane premium for a Nvida card and get worse drivers then AMD would give.

Every driver after 350.12 crashes while browsing with Chrome and has random game CTD's.

I would think this is a huge embarrassment for a company like yours which claim to have the best driver support.

Give us for once a working driver, and no more these junk drivers which crash constantly ... !!!

Go Home, Nvidia, you are drunk!

I'm feeling buyers remorse on the 980TIs now. Good thing I have 30 days to decide. I really want to try X-fire Fury X after this insult.

I'd much rather use AMD drivers that only update every 3 months or so over Nvidias constant barrage of degrading drivers on new hardware.

Please fix this urgently, or you risk loosing your customer base.

It's the 3rd time in a row that nvidia releases broken drivers, 352.86, 353.06 and 353.30 are less stable and have worse performance than 350.12, GTA 5 is unplayable with the new drivers yet 350.12 works perfectly. FIX YOUR DRIVERS!

Getting random crash/freeze in a lot of games (Witcher 3, Saints Row IV, Marvel Heroes, etc) with 2X 980 Ti SLI at stock, no overclocking.

Ten minutes after installing these ones i´ve got a TDR chrome crash again!
Three drivers in a row and the same issues all the time :-( It seems to be hopeless and after years of driver success nvidia comes to their limits... really sad and annoying, i´m disappointed!!!

Anyone else having some HDMI issues? After update PC doesn't detect TV screen anymore. Even tried rollback to previous version, still nothing.

Nvidia seems hiding in the bushes atm because no one is responding to this thread :) Is this how you nvidia handle your customers? Your asking premium price for your card and this is what you give?

More crashes than the stock market.

Last edited:
^^ There was a whole period about the 195 drivers (off the top of my head) when they were causing a lot of issues without a fix for quite awhile.

(Unlike some I can actually recall the history of drivers from both sides going back to like 1995 with the 3D Rage :S)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom