Windows 10

Only had an AMD driver issue with 10 on my 270x on the htpc , that was befor they went Windows 10 happy on the insider preview .

Havnt kept the h100i , so I'm waiting eagerly for reports of new buyers going mad trying to update firmware . Took corsair well over a year to get a beta version for 8 out and even that was hidden amongst crap in there forums . Want to grab a h100igtx for the g3258 for some fun on dx12 and a 980ti :D but can't see corsair being that on the ball .

Does anybody know when Windows 10 Retail will be available on the OcUK online store for buying? I am surprised
there is no pre order for it yet since the the final RTM is meant to be finally released on the 29th.

Or once the final RTM version is released, is microsoft only doing the free upgrade thing at first then releasing the
full OEM and Retail purchase versions a little while after they have started dishing out the free upgrade?

Could be wrong but pretty sure OEMs get there's a couple of weeks in advanced so they have hardware for launch on 10 , sure that's how it works .

It got lost amongst all the bickering, but on the asus drivers they have a check for the os which blocks the install, follow the steps below - works perfectly with essence stx 2 and see no reason why it wouldnt work for the others.

1 - GO to asus support site
2 - Download the last driver for windows 8.1:
- For example STX_8_1_8_1822_Win8_1.rar
3 - extract files and go to "WIN81" folder
4 - looking for "CmSetx.dll" file, and edit with notepad
5 - The configuration file, has 4 lines:

[SETUP]
ATYPE=30
INI_PATH=SoftwareDriver\InI
SupportOS=win81

You need modify like this:
[SETUP]
ATYPE=30
SupportOS=donotcare
6 - save changes and run with administrator privileges "Setup.exe" of root driver package folder.

ps. Setup.exe from WIN81 folder would not work.

Last edited:
It got lost amongst all the bickering, but on the asus drivers they have a check for the os which blocks the install, follow the steps below - works perfectly with essence stx 2 and see no reason why it wouldnt work for the others.

1 - GO to asus support site
2 - Download the last driver for windows 8.1:
- For example STX_8_1_8_1822_Win8_1.rar
3 - extract files and go to "WIN81" folder
4 - looking for "CmSetx.dll" file, and edit with notepad
5 - The configuration file, has 4 lines:

[SETUP]
ATYPE=30
SupportOS=win81

You need modify like this:
[SETUP]
ATYPE=30
SupportOS=donotcare
6 - save changes and run with administrator privileges "Setup.exe" of root driver package folder.

ps. Setup.exe from WIN81 folder would not work.

i did see that, but it doesn't work with the onboard soundcard dude.

Hoping someone here knows their Windows 10 stuff, got a couple of questions.

Is there any way to use the old photo viewer that came with Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 etc?

I can't seem to find the actual exe for it..

Also can you choose which upgrades you want or do not want as when I click Update it re installs my GPU drivers every time. Meaning I then have to re install the latest hotfix, very annoying lol.

Cheers.

Hoping someone here knows their Windows 10 stuff, got a couple of questions.

Is there any way to use the old photo viewer that came with Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 etc?

I can't seem to find the actual exe for it..

Also can you choose which upgrades you want or do not want as when I click Update it re installs my GPU drivers every time. Meaning I then have to re install the latest hotfix, very annoying lol.

Cheers.

If you mean photo gallery then yes, just right click a photo - open with - photo gallery

Just went and had a look at the uni xonar page - "Note that the following Asus cards won’t work and will not be supported with UNi Xonar Drivers: Asus Xonar U1, U3, U5, U7, EssenceOne, Essence STU, ROG Phoebus, ROG Thunderbolt, D-Kara."

Fek :-/

Anyone know if there's a clean, safe way to update my current 10162 to 10166 now that they've removed it from Windows Update? My audio doesn't work, it's a bug with the Corsair driver on 10162 and it's a pain having no audio. It's fixed in 10166 though :(

Back
Top Bottom