Windows 10

Still no answer to what? I think it's painfully obvious that he was indicating that upgrading from Windows 8 Home to 8.1 Pro WASN'T free, but yet you can't seem to apply common sense and fill in the blanks yourself, so you're just posting up the same tired rubbish, tainting this thread with a loaf of posts that simply don't need to be in here. Honestly, stop being a child and grow up!

In that case, why did he feel the need to post "lmfao" about it? Upgrading a Home version to a Pro version has never, and will never be free?

Either way you look at it it was a bizarre thing to say that he's then run away from when people picked him up on it.

Posting rubbish and then trying to deny it or pretend he never said it seems to be deuse's standard MO on here, yet its always those of us who pull him up on it who seem to get the wrath? In a thread full of people looking for answers I think we should make an effort to ensure the misleading half truths or flat out wrong statements are highlighted.

In that case, why did he feel the need to post "lmfao" about it? Upgrading a Home version to a Pro version has never, and will never be free?

Either way you look at it it was a bizarre thing to say that he's then run away from when people picked him up on it.

Posting rubbish and then trying to deny it or pretend he never said it seems to be deuse's standard MO on here, yet its always those of us who pull him up on it who seem to get the wrath? In a thread full of people looking for answers I think we should make an effort to ensure the misleading half truths or flat out wrong statements are highlighted.

Whilst I can understand that you might be looking for answers, can't you see that to the rest of us your way of going about it has been extremely childish and annoying? You and spoffle have ganged up together in this thread, and now spoffle has taken to pointing out spelling errors in an attempt at getting a leg up here. It's all rather petty and a little bit ridiculous. People will make mistakes, it's human nature. But the way you two have been going on about things, it's like you've taken it all so personally, like you both created Windows or something. Stop being so damn serious.

lol I was about to post careful you'll have spoffle picking up on some totally irrelevant point or failing that your spelling or grammar to score imaginary internet points... but looks like he beat me to it.

EDIT: CHokKA is right though with people deliberately starting arguments over things that totally don't matter or from angles things blatantly weren't meant for which reason I'm out - I wasn't calling anyone stupid before but this thread is rapidly descending into stupid.

Same people causing arguments on this forum. My ignore list is getting big now.

Whilst I can understand that you might be looking for answers, can't you see that to the rest of us your way of going about it has been extremely childish and annoying? You and spoffle have ganged up together in this thread, and now spoffle has taken to pointing out spelling errors in an attempt at getting a leg up here. It's all rather petty and a little bit ridiculous. People will make mistakes, it's human nature. But the way you two have been going on about things, it's like you've taken it all so personally, like you both created Windows or something. Stop being so damn serious.

Hear Hear

Originally Posted by D3K View Post
I'm looking forward to where they've hidden the Folder Options in this release.

I reckon it'll be an Advanced menu item inside the Local Area Connection properties dialogue.

I and others get it. But Skeeter came back with

? It's been on a tab in the Explorer ribbon on every build I've looked for the 'show hidden items' option, which is pretty much every build since about 10000ish?

Over his head.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

I've been trying to be as helpful as I can in this thread so far for those who have asked, but clearly I'm not welcome in here any more. I'll leave it to the haters and the spammers to fill the thread with misleading 'fact's instead.

Have fun.

I've been trying to be as helpful as I can in this thread so far for those who have asked, but clearly I'm not welcome in here any more. I'll leave it to the haters and the spammers to fill the thread with misleading 'fact's instead.

Have fun.

Please don't leave this thread!

Although the recent exchanges of views and opinions has perhaps gone on for far too long, I am very grateful for, and certainly do appreciate, the very helpful advice I have received from you, and for the prompt answers to my many Windows 10 related questions.

Hopefully others will also have similar views.

Personally I'm really enjoying Windows 10. Huge improvement on 8.1. There are still bugs (obviously) and tweeks which should be made, but its getting there.

I just do not understand the Linux people here saying time to switch. Yeah ok then. Oh i want to update my video card driver. Oh I have to use terminal. Why!? Arhg, it actually enrages me. (Yes I am aware of different versions).

I hate the whole "Actual IT professionals use Linux". Oh shut the hell up. No, no they don't. A tiny, tiny percentage of IT Professionals use Linux as a pose to Windows. And the majority of them are the same ones who run the Matrix screensaver to trick the tea lady.

Win7 here on the desktop still at work, no reason to upgrade to 8.1 and we won't be rushing for 10 when it's released either. Home I use 8.1 on my gaming machine, OSX on the MBP for work, and Ubuntu on the media machine downstairs.

The drum I bang in all of these discussions is horses for courses, they all have their strengths and weaknesses and to say any one is definitively better than the other is foolish in my humble one.

my work have only moved from XP to windows 7 a year ago.

my home PC uses windows 7 but will be upgrading to 10 once its fully released. if my hardware changes enough to void my free upgrade then I will go back to windows 7.

Have fun.
Personally I don't have a problem with you, and your post seem to be helpful to me at least...

I haven't read the whole thread but I have reserved it on my win7 machine but probably won't install it for as long as possible in the hopes that most of the bugs have been ironed out and that the driver/software support is decent that that point.

I didn't miss anything. Your posts are so tedious that I actually just glossed right over them. Honestly, I don't know why you keep banging away but you trying to put your point across is tiresome. I'm beginning to see that you're actually just a troll on this forum. You've never really got anything useful to add to the conversation, you just post stuff to wind people up. My Trusteer post in here a few weeks ago is the perfect example of you being ridiculous for the sake of it.
How exactly do you not miss something whilst also glossing over it? Do you realise that that's an oxymoron?

Have fun.

I would say you've been extremely helpful, you've also been making an effort to dispel the BS that some people are coming out with, which is extremely helpful considering how often people are misconstruing things in very strange ways.

So despite what others are trying to suggest, the BS you've been cutting through will have been extremely helpful to people who aren't just seeing what they want to see when they read your posts.
Personally I'm really enjoying Windows 10. Huge improvement on 8.1. There are still bugs (obviously) and tweeks which should be made, but its getting there.

I just do not understand the Linux people here saying time to switch. Yeah ok then. Oh i want to update my video card driver. Oh I have to use terminal. Why!? Arhg, it actually enrages me. (Yes I am aware of different versions).

I hate the whole "Actual IT professionals use Linux". Oh shut the hell up. No, no they don't. A tiny, tiny percentage of IT Professionals use Linux as a pose to Windows. And the majority of them are the same ones who run the Matrix screensaver to trick the tea lady.

To be fair, it's only one guy going on about Linux and claiming MS are evil, but even be is flip flopping between using Windows and Linux. I think it's just over excitement.

Back
Top Bottom