• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Any news on clock speeds?

Nope, Taiwan was hit by Typhoons end of last week and over weekend, when this happens Taiwan stops working and everyone stays home, for safety reasons. Having being in Taiwan when Typhoons have hit previously staying inside and not working is with very good reason and wind speeds typically exceed 150mph.

So information, shipments on pretty much everything has being delayed 3-4 days.

Associate
Nope, Taiwan was hit by Typhoons end of last week and over weekend, when this happens Taiwan stops working and everyone stays home, for safety reasons. Having being in Taiwan when Typhoons have hit previously staying inside and not working is with very good reason and wind speeds typically exceed 150mph.

So it won't make the 22nd release date? I have Saturday delivery on my order, as such its being delivered to home. If it gets delayed I'll need to change to work, should I change it? TY for you update.

Soldato

safety first is a good call in those areas.

Associate
Why are electronics made in earthquake/tsunami/godzilla zones?

Couldn't help but notice Britain doesn't have any of these things.

Most probably because of the amount of infrastructure already in place, e.g. semiconductor fabs and the availability of raw materials such as rare earth minerals.

Soldato
Most probably because of the amount of infrastructure already in place, e.g. semiconductor fabs and the availability of raw materials such as rare earth minerals.

Quite suprising how much stuff gets made in Taiwan given the size of the country lol, its tiny im comparison to many parts of the world, even the UK for instance.

Soldato
I don't even want to think about cost of GPU if it was made here. Costs producing them here would be huge.

It's just an example. You'd think the bean counters would shy away from places with seasonal natural disasters. For example the hard drive crash (pun not intended) caused by that flood. Of course things like the Hynix memory plant fire can happen too.

Back
Top Bottom