What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
I take it you got lucky with the weather then?

Most of the time I got really good weather, I got rain twice, once in Applecross just after I arrived at the camping site, so no rain during the ride but had to put my tent up in the rain, in Durness when I woke up there was a huge fog, but it cleared after I finished packing my stuff and when I was coming back from Inverness to Glasgow, then I got proper wet with heavy rain.

Soldato
More pics please!

The NC500 is on my list to do, maybe next year, or the year after...

Will do tomorrow :), but most of the pics will be from my helmet cam as I leave it to take a photo every 10 seconds.
Just got home, will take a shower, order some food and rest.. I did Glasgow to London via Lake District in one go today, just stopped for petrol.. I'm a little bit broken hahah

Last edited:
Soldato
Will do tomorrow :), but most of the pics will be from my helmet cam as I leave it to take a photo every 10 seconds.
Just got home, will take a shower, order some food and rest.. I did Glasgow to London via Lake District today.. I'm a little bit broken hahah

:eek: yeah that would break anyone! That's the only problem with Scotland, it's so far away! 450 miles for me in Kent to Glasgow, the same distance from Calais to the Alps.

Associate
Installed this..

2016-08-24%2012.30.31_zps9sujbqkl.jpg

Because noise reasons. ;)

Associate
Basically eliminates the exhaust servo, which in turn controls the flap for noise emissions in the exhaust system. When you replace a full system you remove the servo and cables. A lot of bikes throw a code on the dash so this little gadget stops that.

Associate
An Aprilia of course ;) I'm surprised you didn't get a service warning on the dash?? Once I unplugged it, it had a hissy fit and threw a fault code. Luckily I've got a laptop (she hasn't noticed it's gone missing yet) and cable with GuzziDiag so I can erase fault codes, service lights and re-teach the APRC.

2016-08-162017.01.51_zpsxjemrvrl.jpg

Soldato
Asked my mate, if his burned oil too. His riding style is similar to mine, he said his burnt oil too. :p haha Its good that there's nothing wrong with the engine, I was worried for a bit. I have to top it up quite frequently, now I've emi synthetic so it should be a bit thicker?

The SV does burn oil, been told is a 'characteristic' of the engine by my local garage. They recon they see more seized SVs than any other bike for this reason. Was the reason I swapped for the CBR after I got through 2 engines :D

Man of Honour
Asked my mate, if his burned oil too. His riding style is similar to mine, he said his burnt oil too. :p haha Its good that there's nothing wrong with the engine, I was worried for a bit. I have to top it up quite frequently, now I've emi synthetic so it should be a bit thicker?

If I'm just doing my normal commuting then it burns very little to be honest but if I go out with the group and the average speed is north of :eek: for most of the day then it gets through a bit.
Mine also has a slight weep from the front rocker cover gasket and my probolt oil filler cap seems to let a little out as well which won't help.

I'm going to switch back to the stock oil cap for the run up and down to my parents this weekend to see if it stops as it's been that long I can't remember if it happened at stock or if the probolt replacement just needs a slightly bigger o ring.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Basically eliminates the exhaust servo, which in turn controls the flap for noise emissions in the exhaust system. When you replace a full system you remove the servo and cables. A lot of bikes throw a code on the dash so this little gadget stops that.
That's handy. :cool:

Had a slippery rear on the way into work :p

Overzealous braking on a damp road on tyres that have done 30 miles.
Coming over for the group ride and meet today? 6pm at services. :)

The SV does burn oil, been told is a 'characteristic' of the engine by my local garage. They recon they see more seized SVs than any other bike for this reason. Was the reason I swapped for the CBR after I got through 2 engines :D
I've done around 4500 miles so far, the engine hasn't started making any new sounds so hopefully it'll survive the 2 years before getting full license. If it lasts even longer, the better. :p

If I'm just doing my normal commuting then it burns very little to be honest but if I go out with the group and the average speed is north of :eek: for most of the day then it gets through a bit.
Mine also has a slight weep from the front rocker cover gasket and my probolt oil filler cap seems to let a little out as well which won't help.

I'm going to switch back to the stock oil cap for the run up and down to my parents this weekend to see if it stops as it's been that long I can't remember if it happened at stock or if the probolt replacement just needs a slightly bigger o ring.

I haven't noticed any leaks, the engine seems to be dry. The spirited style of riding would explain why it burns so much oil. :p

Back
Top Bottom