***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I will be in my nuclear bunker with my S just to be on the safe side! :D :p

Yeah, if I had a GS 3 normal or LTE or note II, I would have sold it until Samsung made an announcement about it, stating, who is affected, what they are doing etc. as you said, like having a time bomb on you and will most likely die when you need it the most :rolleyes: :p

You say that now......... :p

LOL! It's best to stay in the nuclear bunker Mate! But HTC won't be able to deliver the JB update to you whilst you're in there, so you might be missing out! :p

I'm half thinking of selling my S3 LTE but I really am enjoying using it at the moment. I'll wait until the N4 gets delivered to my local CPW and then i'll make a decision. However part of me is thinking exactly what you have stated...sell the S3 and wait for Samsung to make an announcement....surely they can't hope to keep this under their hats???

Out The 7 how many rooted or put on different Roms? Wonder if kitchen a software problem given the recent exploit and the recent problems with some Roms bricking devices?

I got my s3 on release day and yrt (touch wood), have had a problem,

Out of the 7 all are running stock Samsung ROM, so it's not certain ROMS bricking the devices. Also there's a whole host of people over in XDA who have a rooted / unrooted / running stock / custom ROMs who have all had the same issue.

Hopefully your S3 doesn't succumb to the same issue. Just before leaving work another person came up to me and showed me his S3 (White) it had switched off in his pocket and won't come back on....another casualty I'm afraid...He bought his via T Mobile near enough on launch day..

I'm not scaremongering it's just worrying that out of 7 friends I know 5 have had their S3's fail and then a colleague at work states exactly the same.. :eek:

@Demons UK, Yas786, simulatorman, keep all your fingers and toes crossed, I've also got them crossed for everyone on this thread, hopefully the curse will bypass some of you! :)

:(
hearing the previous posts, im quite worried about the one i just ordered.

I wouldn't worry Mate, the devices are failing around 189 days or 6 months use, so you'll have plenty of time to use your S3 should it fail.

Also the S3's that have failed were bought on or near launch date, Samsung may have already replaced the defective devices with newer S3's that don't have the problem.

To allay your fears the Pebble Blue S3 that I bought recently (literally a month ago) looked slightly different when you removed the battery cover, so there could've been a change in the manufacturing process with S3's released later on in the year.

You say that now......... :p

I'm certain that I can cope with using my LG KP170 to make phone calls with EVEN if my S3 LTE is chosen out of the 30 million to die :D

Ps. I've tried taking the battery out of my S3 so it was off.........no children died & my wife didn't leave me :p

PPs. Even if it did go pop, I'd still have it fixed before the next batch of N4s turn up

I'm certain that I can cope with using my LG KP170 to make phone calls with EVEN if my S3 LTE is chosen out of the 30 million to die :D

Ps. I've tried taking the battery out of my S3 so it was off.........no children died & my wife didn't leave me :p

PPs. Even if it did go pop, I'd still have it fixed before the next batch of N4s turn up

Let's hope that's not the case! As the S3 LTE was manufactured later on I'm thinking or (hoping) that Samsung used a modified process to produce the LTE.

Aren't the next bunch of N4s a rare breed?!!! Like you said you could easily have a S3 fixed before anyone could get their hands on a N4! LOL!!

Just for your info, this was lifted from the Sudden Death thread over at XDA

The guy (Samsung Customer service) on the phone was great, said they were encountering this problem with early GS3's A LOT, and not to worry, rooted / custom rom'd or not they'd send me out a prepaid envelope in the post - send the phone off in it to a 'Tier 3' service center, and that they'd replace under warranty what was most likely dodgy nand memory with a new motherboard.

Again taken from the same post

Some early S3 have some internal hardware fault at the power button so that it gets electrical stuck internally and

-the permanent power button press maybe cycles and routine in the bootloader that maybe writes the flash each cycle and it writes the flash continously until the flash memory dies?

This makes sense as to why some early S3's are dying.

Anyone had issues with wifi? I'm on stock jb and when connected to my home network my wifi indicator is constantly showing orange as though it's downloading. When switching to 3g it doesn't do it, thought it must be some auto update when wifi is active but I've downloaded some apps and none are showing any data usage.. Any ideas?

Also - are they any downsides of using the ExynosAbuse APK to root?

Just a ridiculously fast way of rooting (I've already done two S3's). If anything, you can use his "app" to protect yourself from the security hole - it affects camera usability though, but can be easily disabled / enabled.

The vulnerability is always going to be there whether you root it or not.

Onto the 4th custom rom of the week.. crDroid 8.2!

Liking it so far. 1gb download, but has so many options in Aroma installer including JB Domination. Made everything easy.

Grrr upgraded to CM10.1 (4.2) this morning. After the reboot apps were crashing all over the place including useless Apollo. After a second reboot the phone just got stuck at the cyanogen logo so I had to restore to an earlier backup from 26th November. Guess I'll avoid it for a bit.

Grrr upgraded to CM10.1 (4.2) this morning. After the reboot apps were crashing all over the place including useless Apollo. After a second reboot the phone just got stuck at the cyanogen logo so I had to restore to an earlier backup from 26th November. Guess I'll avoid it for a bit.

yeah i got the distinct impression it wasn't ready for me when I tried it, give it a few weeks it'll be fine I'm sure.

Does anybody have a link on how I can wipe the rooted info off my device? I installed the official UK 4.1.1 I9300XXDLJ4 ROM about a month ago (I had wanamlite installed before this which I wiped off) but some apps wont work because it still thinks my device is rooted, SkyGo in particular. Although what's weird is Barclays Online app works just fine.

Also, if I were to install the korean 4.1.2 official rom, is there an english language pack for it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hmm bit of a situation.

Mobile fun phoned earlier to say Samsung have sent the phone back to them saying it can't be repaired due to water damage which I know can't be correct since it's not been used in the rain and the water indicator had not been triggered either.

They said my option is to contact Samsung directly to get a detailed report on exactly where they found water damage but I suspect all they did was look at the USB port or something and call it a day.

I did mention the mass deaths around the same time but MF can't do anything about that so I'll raise it with Samsung directly.

Back
Top Bottom