***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

They will send photos usually. Which water indicator are you talking about that you know hasn't been triggered? the USB one? There are 3/4 on the SGS3 I believe - might be an internal one :/

Turbo edit: 2 are here aside from the USB one, you take pics before sending?
- Just to the left of the battery approx 2/3 the way up from the bottom of the phone there is a little hole with a normally white dot indicator. This will turn red if subjected to water

- The battery also has an indicator on the bottom where the charging contacts are. This is normally a white strip that will also turn red when subjected to water

Bugger no I didn't take pics only observed them. I was too much in a rush to get it sent and returned! But none of the outside indicators were red that much I do know.

Just a ridiculously fast way of rooting (I've already done two S3's). If anything, you can use his "app" to protect yourself from the security hole - it affects camera usability though, but can be easily disabled / enabled.

The vulnerability is always going to be there whether you root it or not.

Cheers locke. I used it and am now rooted.

However I now have an annoying bug. My screen brightness now goes to 0% when I power on out of standby.

Anyone know how to fix this please?

Does anybody have a link on how I can wipe the rooted info off my device? I installed the official UK 4.1.1 I9300XXDLJ4 ROM about a month ago (I had wanamlite installed before this which I wiped off) but some apps wont work because it still thinks my device is rooted, SkyGo in particular. Although what's weird is Barclays Online app works just fine.

Also, if I were to install the korean 4.1.2 official rom, is there an english language pack for it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Anyone?

Thanks for the reply. I installed it with odin previously so I'm not sure why this doesn't work.

What's the best way to install the new wanamlite rom?

Edit: Titanium Backup even says the device isn't rooted so it cant gain access to backup files/data :S

Strange, I think flashing firmware with Odin does a full wipe too so there shouldn't be anything left from the Sky app to say you were rooted.

Best way to install Wanamlite would be to root first using Chainfires Autoroot method, or the CF-Root. I haven't used Autoroot so I'm not sure about it.

If you've rooted before I'm sure you'll know how to do it :) Then just flash Wanamlite zip in recovery.

I recently installed CM10.1 and took a nandroid backup beforehand, If I restore that will it be stock as it was before ?. Also I have a red exclamation in the top left hand corner on boot, anyone got any idea what that means ?.

Thanks,

Following this video will remove all traces of previous root and get you back to stock - as the phone came out of the box and sky go will work. :)

Thanks for that mate, so in theory are you saying if I do this I'll go back to the stock rom that originally came with the phone, regardless of me wiping all the data previously, i.e. does the stock rom always stay on these devices regardless of what you do?

I recently installed CM10.1 and took a nandroid backup beforehand, If I restore that will it be stock as it was before ?. Also I have a red exclamation in the top left hand corner on boot, anyone got any idea what that means ?.

Thanks,

The red exclamation mark means that you're rooted. Make sure you've used Triangle away to reset the flash counter to zero.

After, actually I'm not sure it would make a difference but if it does then after seems like the sensible option.

+1 It doesn't matter as long as you reset the counter before you unroot.

Cheers guys but another problem has popped up ffs. When I go to do the restore it says 'no files found' but the files are there because I can see them in file explorer (sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2012-12-15.02.2405). Can I restore through kies instead ?.

Thanks for that mate, so in theory are you saying if I do this I'll go back to the stock rom that originally came with the phone, regardless of me wiping all the data previously, i.e. does the stock rom always stay on these devices regardless of what you do?

no you'll have to have an image to flash but it'll be a stock one.

As matt said, you will need to download a stock ROM, there is a huge list over on xda forums.

Sky Go is a funny app, I also tried installing it on a previously rooted S3 and it wouldn't have it. I followed the above video and it now works (brothers S3).

Back
Top Bottom